Naturals: Avocado Butter Helps Reduce Shrinkage...

I'm definitely going to order some of this next week. Thanks for the tip, loverofnaps.
smile.gif

Re: Naturals: Avocado Butter Helps Reduce Shrinkag

[ QUOTE ]
loverofnaps71 said:
1. It took about 3 days to get to me in the mail!

2. The consistency of the butter is different from the shea butter. The avocado is much less dense; it's smoother but not creamy. It has a nice consistently. Smells slightly better than the shea, but you can always add some lavender if the smell is an issue (however, I think it's almost aroma-less).

3. You can purchase the butter from "www.fromnaturewithlove.com" Search for avocado butter. I think I purchased a tub for abou $11. This will last quite a long time!

[/ QUOTE ]
lol you got me sittin here wondering if you got the same butter as me, cause its definitley greasy (but then im heavy handed) and i hate the smell (well its more like a no smell , with a slight hint of a not so good smell lol) and we must of had different shea butters (i guess it depend on the kind what the comparison would be), cause its really similar to me, except like you said avocado butter is somewhat less dense, which is a good thing when thats what you want at that time. well i guess we all veiw/feel/smell things differently...but the bottom line is its good for your hair and you got good results....it didnt do the same for me on wet hair as it did on dry hair , it was no different on my wet hair than any of the other butters and oils. and the other thing ive found is that the results i got from the avacodo butter on my dry hair (like in the pics) i get the same results with all the butters and oils on my dry hair...i found out through the "avacodo incident on dry hair" that it was the constant wetting it that was causing the frizziness, boofiness, and shrinkage, etc. i swore it was the avacodo butter at first though that tamed and changed all that....but ive since started to wear my hair dry with "any" oil or butter and im getting pretty much the same results so far. but whatever the case avacodo butter is the bomb and it definitley does soften the hair, thats for sure. and im glad you got such good results with it.

[ QUOTE ]
Irresistible said:
[ QUOTE ]
inkysphinx said:
Does the avocado butter have the same consistency as shea butter (that is, hard until melted) or is it soft?

[/ QUOTE ]

its very similar (depending on what your shea butter is like) its soft and turns into an oil in your hair

[/ QUOTE ]

Thanks girl!

okay, now im frantically deciding whether to get
avocado butter
hair milk
or kemi shea butter pomade. . .
perplexed.gif

Less shrinkage you say? I'm definitely putting this butter on my to-try list.

Thanks for the review, LON!
smile.gif

This stuff is also good on your feet. I use it every morning and keeps my feet nice and soft.

Ok...fromnaturewithlove.com was giving me issues, so my order could not go through online and the place was not open when I called. So did I keep my credit card in my wallet?

NOT ON YOUR LIFE!!!!

I went to Carol's Daughter instead and bought Healthy Hair Butter, Khoret Amen oil and CD Hair milk...

I will try to get Avocado Butter later this week...I am sure some of ya'll still need something from the store...right?
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Madison said:
Why does everyone buy from naturewithlove.com
confused.gif

Are they the best? because I saw some Avocado butter at this site http://www.bestdeal.org/Merchant2/merchant.mv?Screen=PROD&Store_Code=Essential&Product_Code=AVO-BU-8 for much cheaper
smile.gif
Has anyone ever purchase from them.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been using them for the past three years and the service is great, shipping is really fast, and they have the preferred customer program where you get points every time your order. I never pay full price when I order because of the program.

[ QUOTE ]
Madison said:
confused.gif

Are they the best?

[/ QUOTE ]

I trust the quality of their products. Cedarvale.net, too.
smile.gif
I've ordered oils and butters from other places and each batch was different.
mad.gif

I've decided I need to buy me some fresher avocado butter because it was hard to melt and left a white film on my hair when I took out my twists, but it really stretched my hair and made my edges lay down great! So, I'm gonna order a fresh batch (2 years is way too long).
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
I don't remember how I heard about avocado butter because unfortunately I've had mine for at least two years (i wonder if I'd get better results with fresher avocado butter?)

[/ QUOTE ]

i think it's time for a new jar.
smile.gif
i just got my avocado butter and it has a very thick, creamy consistency. it's not hard at all.
nono.gif

[ QUOTE ]
ms_kenesha said:
I've decided I need to buy me some fresher avocado butter because it was hard to melt and left a white film on my hair when I took out my twists, but it really stretched my hair and made my edges lay down great! So, I'm gonna order a fresh batch (2 years is way too long).
smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i think you'll
love.gif
the new batch even more. on the fromnaturewithlove.com website, they recommend that it has a 1-2 year self life before it goes bad.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
sassygirl125 said:
[ QUOTE ]
Madison said:
confused.gif

Are they the best?

[/ QUOTE ]

I trust the quality of their products. Cedarvale.net, too.
smile.gif
I've ordered oils and butters from other places and each batch was different.
mad.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Ok
smile.gif

After reading that site more carefully , i see why
their prices were so cheap. They get yu with the shipping and handling fees
crazy.gif

Thanks ladies!!

Does anyone know if there's a difference between the avocado butter purchased from Cedarvale or From Nature with Love? Do one of these vendors sell a better quality of oils and butters than the other. I'm thinking that I'll be ordering from Cedarvale because some of their prices are cheaper on many things that I want to try.

Back