Naturals and Texlaxed - what makes ur curls pop?

michc

Hi Ladies

I am texlaxed (have been for 6 months after being 3 years natural) and I love it. My only problem is finding a product that make and keep the curls popped. What products would you recommend? Please don't say Kinky-curly though as it isn't shipped to the UK anymore :mad:

Thanks ladies. :D

Hi Michc !!!

I'm not natural yet, but can I chime in? :)

I find aloe vera gel to be verrrrrry helpful for this. I use the lily of the desert gelly. Best thing about it is that it's also very moisturizing;)

dimpalz said:
I never like to one to kill peoples threads but.....

http://www.longhaircareforum.com/for...ight=curls+pop - Naturals, what makes your curls pop? (just last month)

:lol: Thanks Dimpalz - I am lazy when it comes to the search feature I must admit. Hopefully though I will get some more replies from Texlaxed/texturised ladies too.

Pokahontas - thank you - darn your hair is gorgeous!! I can't get Noodle Head over here either :swearing:

Amylee - that's an idea - I used to use it when I was natural. I forgot how good it was....thanks

If you're in the UK, you might try Boots Curling Creme-I think its called. Alot of curlies (on another board) used to have it imported from the UK.

Whats your natural hair type? I think when your looking for curly or any other product referral you should first find a hair twin especially if your natural, texturized or texlaxed. I also think it depends on what type of curl or kink your trying to achieve.
Curly hair is a trip and journey:look:

equal part conditioner to caster oil ( when doing this you must use a conditioner that has no "cones" in it at all. The castor oil won't mix well w/ it)
you can add aloe vera juice, or water to make it a spray. does a great job!

ISO bouncy creme:a little goes a long way and it defines curles that are already there and provides light hold

Posner exotic shea butter under "world of curls" spray. The world of curls has glycerine, and as long as you don't go crazy w/ either, it's a good combo

Plain ole suave conditioner. Shower directions: If you rinse the hair w/ water,shake, then scrunch in suave conditioner (only the fruit, or vanilla flavors they don't have "cones") it's light enough to be a great curl holder, and will define curls. Atleast it does for me,and is by FAR the best product and cheapest that I have found.

ThursdayGirl said:
If you're in the UK, you might try Boots Curling Creme-I think its called. Alot of curlies (on another board) used to have it imported from the UK.

Yea I read and heard so much about it that I ordered it from the UK...can't wait to try it. so far it's been the Jamaican Mango & Lime lock gel that's working for me.

After a co-wash i use Fantasia IC Gel mixed with a little Pantene Perfect Curls conditioner (its not a leave-in but i use it as one).....my hair is popping

Back