Naturals: What makes your curls *POP*?

This.

I thought that I would need a lot of gels or other concoctions to make it 'pop' when I first chopped, but I realized that wasn't necessarily true. All I do now is cowash, and use some of the conditioner as a leave in. I've also noticed that when I rinse my hair after I've deep conditioned overnight with Lustre Shea Cholesterol, my curls are beautiful with limited frizz.

Sounds like me... I've been trying all the curl creams and found out good old HE Hello Hydration does the job just fine (CW followed by leaving a little in my hair).

Sounds like me... I've been trying all the curl creams and found out good old HE Hello Hydration does the job just fine (CW followed by leaving a little in my hair).

Just this morning on the commuter bus, I was sitting next to a natural with popping curls. It was a little frizzy at the crown but in a good voluminous big-hair sort of way.

I wanted soooo bad to hound her but she had her ipod on and was laid back sipping tea. I waited... and waited... and waited and finally when we were coming to our stops she took off her headphones. I tapped her, complimented her on her hair (to soften her up :grin:) then asked her if she was natural. She said yes and I asked her what she used to define her curls. She smiled and said just regular conditioner... not even the leave-in kind and that was it. I told her I was 8 months post and was enjoying the journey, in spite of the not so good days.

She looked me over, commented on my lovely curl pattern (it was humid as heck and my hair was already drawing up... ON THE WAY TO WORK!) and said, "... girl, don't give up, I promise it only gets better and better!"

:lachen:No. I don't mean I do absolutely nothing and my curls just automatically start poppin' and explodin' off the chainz. Nothing, no shingling, cowashing, curlisto method, gel, curling pudding, plopping, etc. defines my curls.:perplexed My hair is always just a huge mass of frizz.

LOL!!!!!!:lachen: I almost pee'd my pants!! The mental picture is just too funny!!!!

But yeah, ditto....i have no curl pattern, i have kinks. Twistouts help my kinks look nice though :)

Back