Naturals and Ceramides?

ellegantelle

Are there any natural ladies (or any that you know of) that use ceramides and have noticed progress since incorporating them into their regimen? :look: I have read on and off of the board about the progress that relaxed ladies have noticed in using these oils...but I was wondering if any natural ladies have seen a difference in their hair length, thickness, texture, or strength through using these oils?

I have my hemp oil and grape seed oil on hand just incase! lol

Thanks!

I started incorporating ceramides into my reggie a couple of months ago, and I've definitely noticed an increase in the "resilency" of my hair. It feels stronger, and is much less prone to breakage. I noticed that particular effect almost immediately after I started using them.

I mix WGO, sunflower or hot 6 oil into my daily moisturizer, twice weekly CWs, and weekly DC.

HTH!

I started incorporating ceramides into my reggie a couple of months ago, and I've definitely noticed an increase in the "resilency" of my hair. It feels stronger, and is much less prone to breakage. I noticed that particular effect almost immediately after I started using them.

I mix WGO, sunflower or hot 6 oil into my daily moisturizer, twice weekly CWs, and weekly DC.

HTH!

Ooooh, ok! This is good news! Because I've been reading about the benefits for relaxed heads and I'm like...that's great, but what about us naturals? *Mixing Ceramide Concoction now* :grin:

^^ iagree with bride91501 :grin: it def made my hair stronger. iused RedKen Anti-Snap. its a bit expensive :look: so im on the search for an alternative. im just too lazy to get out the house:lol:

I've been in ceramides challenge for while and the oils have made such a difference in my hair. It's never dry anymore, I used a mixture of all the oils and seal with it everyday. Sometimes I'll use wgo in my conditioner if I remember.

Thank you for starting this thread viciousdreamr.
I have a couple of questions as well. I'm a fine haired, mostly low porosity natural, and if I'm not mistaken ceramides are supposed to act as proteins in oil form, while smoothing the cuticle? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that mean that these oils would have an adverse effect on my hair? Although I need protein, I don't want my porosity to be affected because it's difficult enough to moisturize my hair.
Also, is there a certain oil most effective as a ceramide among the few listed (hemp seed, grape seed, and sunflower come to mind).

Thank you for starting this thread viciousdreamr.
I have a couple of questions as well. I'm a fine haired, mostly low porosity natural, and if I'm not mistaken ceramides are supposed to act as proteins in oil form, while smoothing the cuticle? Correct me if I'm wrong, but wouldn't that mean that these oils would have an adverse effect on my hair? Although I need protein, I don't want my porosity to be affected because it's difficult enough to moisturize my hair.
Also, is there a certain oil most effective as a ceramide among the few listed (hemp seed, grape seed, and sunflower come to mind).

That's a great question to consider BERlin...i'm not to educated on the science behind the ceramides so hopefully some other ladies can chime in and help out here :think:

@ BERlin, sorry I have no idea there are some other threads about cermacides you may want to post your questions there as well.

I started using cermacides 2 weeks ago and my hair does seem stronger so I'll continue to use hemp and wheat germ oils until I run out and repurchase if I continue to see a difference.

From my understanding, ceramides do not act like proteins; they merely help the hair retain its protein and moisture for a longer period of time, which may result in decreased overall protein usage.

Although my hair hasn’t been dry since addressing my porosity issues, I have faithfully using ceramide oils since late June and can personally attest to their efficacy. Not only does my hair maintain moisture, sheen, elasticity and strength, but my ends also appear smoother and I am able to detangle much, much easier.

Ceramides are a great temporary protective measure, but they are not proteins. Hair needs protein (keratin, collagen, and moisture-binding proteins); it just needs less doses of protein with regular use of ceramides.:yep:

HTH!

From my understanding, ceramides do not act like proteins; they merely help the hair retain its protein and moisture for a longer period of time, which may result in decreased overall protein usage.

Although my hair hasn’t been dry since addressing my porosity issues, I have faithfully using ceramide oils since late June and can personally attest to their efficacy. Not only does my hair maintain moisture, sheen, elasticity and strength, but my ends also appear smoother and I am able to detangle much, much easier.

Ceramides are a great temporary protective measure, but they are not proteins. Hair needs protein (keratin, collagen, and moisture-binding proteins); it just needs less doses of protein with regular use of ceramides.:yep:

HTH!

Very helpful; thanks! :yep:

Great question Berlin. I'm glad you asked. :yep:

I've been using ceramides w/o knowing it for almost 20 years. I discovered Nexxus products in the early 90's and have always had them in my arsenal of products. Then since I joined LHCF and discovered AO GPB, I don't think I've ever been w/o it. So I don't really have anything to compare with to determine if ceramides have made a difference since I have inadvertently had them in my life for years.

I have been using wheat germ oil for about 4 months and I like it. I am transitiong for a little over a year and I am not completely natural yet. However, when I use the wheat germ oil in my deep conditioner it makes it easier for my hair to lay down when I put it into a bun. Also it has help keep my hair nice and moisturised and I don't have to put moisturizer in my hair everyday anymore.

Back