Ceramides = Needing Less Protein?

Does Using Ceramides = Needing Less Protein

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Has anyone else had success with this? I found it at Big Lots last night for $1.50. Smells good and feels good in my hair (makes it soft). I think I'll use it daily on my ends/edges in addition to moisturizing/sealing.

bigsuave.jpg

* Strengthens as well as Redken®** For weak or damaged hair for 86% less breakage* Fortifying treatment ... enriched with proteins and ceramide helps repair and strengthen weak or damaged hair as well as Redken® Extreme® Anti-Snap®**. Reinforces ... hair cuticle to create strong healthy-looking hair.

* Ingredients: Water (Aqua),Cyclopentasiloxane,Polyquaternium 37,PVP,C11-13 Isoparaffin,Fragrance (Parfum),Propylene Glycol,Dicaprylate/Dicaprate,Laureth-4,DMDM Hydantoin,Laureth-23,Glycerin,PPG 1,Trideceth 6,Iodopropynyl Butylcarbamate,Arginine HCl,Ascorbic Acid (Vitamin C),Tocopheryl Acetate (Vitamin E Acetate),Panthenol,Linoleamidopropyl PG-Dimonium Chloride Phosphate,Hydrolyzed Wheat Protein,Hydrolyzed Soy Protein,PEG 7 Glyceryl Cocoate,Silk Amino Acids,PEG 60 Hydrogenated Castor Oil,Ceramide 2

I have the kukui Nut oil by Alba Botanica. I got it from www.vitacost.com. It has sunflower oil, vitamin E, Coconut oil, macadamia seed oil, kukui seed oil, flaxseed oil, and sweet almond oil in it. It's organic, 100% vegetarian ingredients, and is paraben-free. To be honest, it smells yummy, like chocolate and cocoa butter:lick:. I really really like it as a sealant oil.

I have tried and do love the sunflower oil in my DC. It left my hair feeling very soft and easy to detangle. I haven't tried the Kukui Nut Oil in my DC as yet but I have a wonderful feeling that I would love it when I do. I need to get my hand on some wheat germ and hemp oils next. These are the only other 2 ceramide oils that I want.
This oil sounds AMAZING! Once I have used up the oils that I have I will definitely be purchasing this:yep:! Thanks for sharing Aggie!

My Next Ceramides Power-Packed :boxing:Oil I invest in will probably be Kukui Nut.

I have a Couple Conditioners now that contain Kukui Nut and Kukui Nut is suppose to be 'loaded' with Ceramides.:lick:

Recently picked up Hempseed and Safflower (as I am almost finished with my bottle of Wheat Germ) and wanted to try these two for the Ceramides properties.:yep:

Okay....I Decided to exchange the Safflower Oil for Kukui Nut.:look: So, I will be sending the Safflower Oil back next week.

The Hemp Seed Oil (doesn't smell very good, at all):barf: Actually, it smells awful.:rolleyes:

Okay....I Decided to exchange the Safflower Oil for Kukui Nut.:look: So, I will be sending the Safflower Oil back next week.

The Hemp Seed Oil (doesn't smell very good, at all):barf: Actually, it smells awful.:rolleyes:
:lachen: It does smell pretty bad. It smells like dirt! I only use it as a prepoo with other oils.

ReallyTerri:sad:. What brand of hempseed oil do you have. I was thinking about buying the Nutiva brand but after hearing about the smell of it, I don't know now:perplexed.

I have the oil sitting in my wish list at vitacost.com and I really have a thing for great smelling 'everything' for my hair.

You girls are breaking my heart. I really wanted these 2 oils but if they stink then it's a no go for me:nono:.

Seriously though! I was all set to add wheat germ oil to everything...but if it stinks, *sigh*....no mam :nono:

MAJOR BUMMER! :sad:

Seriously though! I was all set to add wheat germ oil to everything...but if it stinks, *sigh*....no mam :nono:

It does stink but I was thinking using them in DC which most have good smell and or eo to cover the smell.

ReallyTerri:sad:. What brand of hempseed oil do you have. I was thinking about buying the Nutiva brand but after hearing about the smell of it, I don't know now:perplexed.
[/B]
I have the oil sitting in my wish list at vitacost.com and I really have a thing for great smelling 'everything' for my hair.

Mine is: Epicurean Organics Certified Organic Hemp Seed Oil from Mountain Rose Herbs.

I will also get my Kukui Nut Oil from there too.:yep:

Nutiva may smell 'better'

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/oilprofile/hempseed.php

I just started incorporating the Mizani Thermsmooth conditioner into my wash routine after reading about ceramides. I will give my hair till the end of March to see if there is a difference.

Although I still use a lot of protein, I use less than I did before using ceramides.

AOHSR left my hair hard as a brick :nono: but my hair does like ceramides!

Great thread, Reecie!

I really need to get my hands on some AOWC...

Taz, when I read this post I thought about you and your hair. Is your specific regi postes somewhere?

You girls are breaking my heart. I really wanted these 2 oils but if they stink then it's a no go for me:nono:.

It smells pretty bad....I've been using it for about a month now and I'm still not use to the smell but I am noticing a difference in my hair so I will press on.

I know right!

Mine is: Epicurean Organics Certified Organic Hemp Seed Oil from Mountain Rose Herbs.

I will also get my Kukui Nut Oil from there too.:yep:

Nutiva may smell 'better'

http://www.mountainroseherbs.com/learn/oilprofile/hempseed.php
Thanks Terri.

Honestly, Aggie, the smell grows (Wheat Germ) on you and become unnoticeable.:yep:

Hopefully, the Hemp Seed will too.:look:
I may still get both oils and simply use them as prepoos or in my DCs:yep:.

It smells pretty bad....I've been using it for about a month now and I'm still not use to the smell but I am noticing a difference in my hair so I will press on.
Okay now the bolded here makes a difference for me. Results also matter a greater deal for me when it comes to my hair as long as I don't walk around smelling yucky:nono:.

Ceramides are The Business.......More & More you see different advertisements for products containing 'ceramides'....:look:

Fortunately for Us (The Ladies of LHCF) we were way ahead of the Game building up our Hair through the use of Ceramides.:grin:

Keep up the Good Work Ya'll.:yep: Knowledge is Power.

I like the way Walnut Oil and Hemp seed Oil makes my hair feel! It feels so soft all day! These are definitely staples of mine from now on!

I like the way Walnut Oil and Hemp seed Oil makes my hair feel! It feels so soft all day! These are definitely staples of mine from now on!

I like the Hempseed *minus the smell*:look: Will possibly try Kukui Nut next. And re-up my Wheat Germ.

It'll be a while tho'.:yep:

Got me some Wheat Germ Oil (WGO) from the Vitaminshoppe yesterday. I got excited and applied a couple of drops straight to my ends :drunk::spinning: it absorbed into my hair so well and made is moisturized. Because of my success yesterday... I decided to experiment with my usual Aubrey Organics HSR/EVOO deep conditioning mix with the following: my Aubrey Organics HSR/WGO mix.

I'm deep conditioning on dry hair overnight and will tell you ladies about my failure/success in the morning. :sleeping:

Back