Ceramides: My tesitmony and the evolution of my bun (Pics)

I officially started my ceramide regimen today, thanks to inspiration from Halee J :) I think I'm in love with hemp seed oil :love3: I've never been a huge fan of oils. My hair is normal to fine and oil weighs it down quickly, but I've found that since being natural, it really does make a big difference to seal with one. Now I've tried plenty... coconut, castor, jojoba, olive, and various pre-mixed blends, but nothing, NOTHING has ever made my hair respond the way hemp seed oil just did.

I'm sitting here with Aubrey HSR in, which I've used before so no biggie there, but then I went to layer the hemp oil and it was like my hair just literally melted in my hands. :shocked: All the tangles just went :giveup: Can't wait to see what the long-term effects will be like if the immediate results are this noticeable. I'm so excited! :giggle:

Thanks Morenita :) after learning about ceramides from the wonderful ladies here, I just had to report back :yep:

I'm glad you like the hempseed oil, it's great isn't it?! I wan't a huge fan of oil for sealing either; I liked them more for pre-poos esp my natural texture, barely tolerated them. Until I dicsovered ceramide oils. My hair absorbs these oils so much better, they never leave my hair greasy.

Your hair is so gorg already, :drool: I'm excited to see what ceramides do for you too :yep:

I finally found my Rice Bran oil at Kroger. They must have just ordered it because I had been asking them for it over a month now. I sealed my hair with the WGO after a wash and it made my hair feel hella thick.! I have dense and fine strands and now they feel thick and strong. Did anyone else experience this w/ WGO? Not that I'm complaining..just noticing. :rolleyes:

I finally found my Rice Bran oil at Kroger. They must have just ordered it because I had been asking them for it over a month now. I sealed my hair with the WGO after a wash and it made my hair feel hella thick.! I have dense and fine strands and now they feel thick and strong. Did anyone else experience this w/ WGO? Not that I'm complaining..just noticing. :rolleyes:

:yep: I use it as a pre-poo, makes my feel hair more elastic and strong at the same time.

This makes so much sense now! I used to use Aubrey Organics HS Rose, and it has a ceramide in it. I loved that stuff. Time to dust it back off.

Got some skala G3 on Saturday and OMG! My hair looks so shiny after one use. I can't wait to cowash tonight. Ceramides are the truth!!!

I am natural and you have inspired me to incorporated oils with ceramides in them. I hope my results are at least half as blingy as yours.

I was looking into cellophanes and rinses but I am going to try these oils first to see if I can get some shine :)

I posted this in the other thread on ceramides. I deep conditioned on Sunday with my beloved Queen Helene with diatomaceous earth and rice bran oil. I happened to have some rice bran oil on hand because that is what I use to fry with. My hair definitely looks shinier, silkier, healthier and lays down smoothly. Can't wait til I use the Bigen blue black on my hair, these oils will really bring out the color! I also had some kukui nut oil on hand, I used that on my hair afterwards, I HATE the smell so I will have to add an EO to it. Since I like to keep a simple regiment, I can easily see these oils replacing my coconut oil. I will probably mix these oils with my olive oil though.

Your bun is so thick and shiny! Loves it! I just starting using wheat germ oil and wow it's helping my hair hold on to moisture very well. I moisturize my hair 2x a day, but I can honestly say that I haven't moisturized my hair today because it's still moisturized and my ends feel so smooth!! Ceramides will be a keeper in my regimen!

HALee J !!!! Thank you for your testimonial. I did read it before and I thought I would come back in here and tell you what has been going on with my hair.

Normally I have super itchy scalp from using ANY type of shampoo, so I decided to dilute it. Well that did not help, so I figured I would start oiling my scalp to create a buffer as well as using the diluted shampoo. I have been using my rice bran oil, it is close to my NG. Since then my NG is easier to handle. I am now almost 9 weeks post (will be by this Sat) and I have to say this is the first time since I have gone back to relaxing that I have not had to put anything on my NG to keep it from feeling like a brillo pad, by week 7 I have to use Taalijah Waajid prot. bodifier 2x a week to prevent the matting that comes with my texture (4ab very dense especially in the back). It feels smoother and the coils have not matted.
I exercise a few days a week and wash after 4 or 7 (mainly 7) days and still no matting. My hair drys after exercising and thats that. I dont wash my hair after exersing and still my NG is all good. I hope this is not a fluke I will definalty know if this is because of the oils by the Summer Thi

I have been using Hempseed oil in my deep conditioners so this helps as well.

I think I might just be able to stretch until March. I was planning on wearing wigs but really like to have my hair out.

Cermides are the truth. Hempseed oil is the best thing that I have come across in years. My hair is shiny, increased elasticity, and much smoother. It has even made the crown area less brittle. This is really a wonder-oil! I now know that I can stretch for 6 months with out having to fight with my hair after the 16 week post mark. This is a staple for all time.

HALee J !!!! Thank you for your testimonial. I did read it before and I thought I would come back in here and tell you what has been going on with my hair.

Normally I have super itchy scalp from using ANY type of shampoo, so I decided to dilute it. Well that did not help, so I figured I would start oiling my scalp to create a buffer as well as using the diluted shampoo. I have been using my rice bran oil, it is close to my NG. Since then my NG is easier to handle. I am now almost 9 weeks post (will be by this Sat) and I have to say this is the first time since I have gone back to relaxing that I have not had to put anything on my NG to keep it from feeling like a brillo pad, by week 7 I have to use Taalijah Waajid prot. bodifier 2x a week to prevent the matting that comes with my texture (4ab very dense especially in the back). It feels smoother and the coils have not matted.
I exercise a few days a week and wash after 4 or 7 (mainly 7) days and still no matting. My hair drys after exercising and thats that. I dont wash my hair after exersing and still my NG is all good. I hope this is not a fluke I will definalty know if this is because of the oils by the Summer Thi

I have been using Hempseed oil in my deep conditioners so this helps as well.

I think I might just be able to stretch until March. I was planning on wearing wigs but really like to have my hair out.
Great progress MJ. Do you use the rice bran oil before you shampoo only or do you apply it throughout the week?

Your evolution is quite the testimony! I have developed a love for hempseed oil myself after seeing it in my grocer's aisle with all the other cooking oils. I bought it on a whim, but after adding it to my ceramide stash, I am hooked. I use it as a pre-poo mixed with
olive oil. It's a 50/50 blend -1/2 oz. of each mixed in a color applicator bottle. I wet my hair with plain water right before a shampoo, and pour it evenly all over my head. I smooth it down my strands, and fingercomb for a few minutes, keeping the hair flowing downward. Then I'm ready to jump in the shower to shampoo. My wheatgerm oil has been put on hold since discovering hempseed oil. I'm loving it-and weekly adding it to my DC's or using it as a pre-poo. ITA with you. Hempseed oil is working a minor miracle on my strands. Maybe one day my bun will be luschious like yours!:drunk:

i bought wheat germ oil the smell isnt bad to me

I have only had it for about a week but im addicted my ends look so good and my hair feels stronger

Thank you haleej :grin:

I purchased wheat germ oil and hempseed oil from whole foods this morning, I plan to pre-poo with wgo for the first time, I look forward to great results.

ive prepoo with rice bran oil for the first time and sealed after wash with hempseed oil the result is encouraging ill come back after a month to report i have one problem hempseed oil is very harsh on my scalp although i make sure i don't touch my scalp when i seal but it goes there and fels like hot chili on my scalp what to do ???:(

ive prepoo with rice bran oil for the first time and sealed after wash with hempseed oil the result is encouraging ill come back after a month to report i have one problem hempseed oil is very harsh on my scalp although i make sure i don't touch my scalp when i seal but it goes there and fels like hot chili on my scalp what to do ???:(

You know what, I felt a little heat on my scalp when I mixed the hempseed oil with my conditioner and now I know what it was. I'll be more careful with the hempseed oil this weekend.

Back