Naturally Flexible Support Thread

she primarily used the FHI flat iron on my hair.
and she uses a Chi or Andis blowdryer most of the time

She uses comb and chase method to flat iron and then she uses a warm (not hot) stove type pressing comb to touch up my roots and edges

She has her own products now that she makes. So everything was stuff in bottles from her kitchen. I don't know what the products are.

Shampoo that lathered but felt really gentle. Washed my hair in braids.

Reconstructive condish that she painted on like a relaxer, twisted my hair, put on shower cap and let me sit under dryer for 40 minutes.

She used to use Joico smoothing balm and Kerastace olio relax serum to flat iron an blow dry my hair. I will ask her what she used today. I kinda zoned out. Lol

Last edited:
A few more pics. I'm trying to capture the bling so u can see how shiny my hair is right now. It's insane....my hair looks and feels like glass.

Attachments

• image-848172110.jpg
    image-848172110.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 85
  • image-2818683260.jpg
    image-2818683260.jpg
    496 KB · Views: 91
  • image-3805100503.jpg
    image-3805100503.jpg
    500 KB · Views: 99
I'm going to straighten my hair this weekend since its going to be cooler next week. I'm scared though, afraid of heat damage. This is my first time straightening my hair since I became fully natural

I'm going to straighten my hair this weekend since its going to be cooler next week. I'm scared though, afraid of heat damage. This is my first time straightening my hair since I became fully natural

do a test spot first so you can see what temp you need.......

clip all that wet hair up before you blow dry your whole head. blow dry one spot. flat iron it. and then re wet it to see if it reverts.:yep:

Prepped my hair for my braid appt.

Did a roller set with my largest rollers, finger combed all the curls out then went back in with my paddle brush. Tangle free fake blow out. Kinda mad cause I know I could do a bomb braid out with this hair right now but what ev's....looking forward to not messing with this heifer for the next 2 months. lol

It's starting to frizz a bit..so threw it in a low bun until my appt.

Last edited:
I forgot to tell yall I trimmed my hair...... Reniece cut an inch at the salon and I cut another 2 inches when I got home......

She suggested I needed a 2 inch trim in the back and another 3-4 in the front, but I refused to do it.

she cut an inch at the shop as I requested and then I went home and cut a bit more.

she prefers a blunt cut, I don't. so we always compromise and do what I feel is best for my hair. I love that she listens to me and lets me decide how much to cut. she never ever cuts more than I prefer.

Prepped my hair for my braid appt.

Did a roller set with my largest rollers, finger combed all the curls out then went back in with my paddle brush. Tangle free fake blow out. Kinda mad cause I know I could do a bomb braid out with this hair right now but what ev's....looking forward to not messing with this heifer for the next 2 months. lol

It's starting to frizz a bit..so threw it in a low bun until my appt.

Looks pretty lulu97. And THANKS for the reminder about that technique. I was planning to blowdry DD's hair next month and now I'll just do the rollerset on big rollers. You just saved us stress to her hair. :yep:

@havilland are you attempting to reach a certain length? Did you cut before or after the pics?

i cut after the pics. i cut it today. i swear you can't even tell. it looks exactly the same to me.......:spinning:

i want to get to waist length by 2015. i plan to cut one more time before the end of the year to strengthen my ends because i still have some straggling relaxed ends....not much to mention, but Reniece is ready to see them go. :lol: '

my only concern is i don't want them to hinder my retention. other than that, they don't bother me.

Looks pretty lulu97. And THANKS for the reminder about that technique. I was planning to blowdry DD's hair next month and now I'll just do the rollerset on big rollers. You just saved us stress to her hair. :yep:

Dayjoy We are here to learn and remind each other of techniques. lol

I saw a style someone did in the relaxed thread that was so stinkin cute. Looked like an upside down french braid with a bun at the top. I'm going to see if my stylist can recreate it cause I know I couldn't do it justice.

Dayjoy We are here to learn and remind each other of techniques. lol

I saw a style someone did in the relaxed thread that was so stinkin cute. Looked like an upside down french braid with a bun at the top. I'm going to see if my stylist can recreate it cause I know I couldn't do it justice.

That sounds like SuchaLady. I saw that one too! Didn't realize that was a relaxed thread- I'm just lurking everywhere. ;-)

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Last edited:
Than you Duchess007

Yes lulu97 yes that was me. Here is my rendition
attachment.php

I copied from Yandy
68de35fc312f11e3b66c22000ae80d1c_6.jpg

SuchaLady They did a really good job! I can't french braid to save my life so I had already texted my stylist asking if she could do it. She was like "Girl, I can do any style you want"! She is such a sweetie.

I forgot to tell yall I trimmed my hair...... Reniece cut an inch at the salon and I cut another 2 inches when I got home......

She suggested I needed a 2 inch trim in the back and another 3-4 in the front, but I refused to do it.

she cut an inch at the shop as I requested and then I went home and cut a bit more.

she prefers a blunt cut, I don't. so we always compromise and do what I feel is best for my hair. I love that she listens to me and lets me decide how much to cut. she never ever cuts more than I prefer.

How do u trim your own hair?

My hair is full apl and I'm going to get a trim this evening. I really want to cut it somewhere between sl and apl but closer to sl. But I keep thinking about when I wear my hair curly how it will look in its shrunken state if I cut off a couple inches. My ends really need to be cut I have so many ssk's and they are so dry.

How do u trim your own hair?

i wait until my hair is straight. i just divide it into two halves with a center part, pull the ends around my shoulder like a pigtail and cut the ends off each "tail".

i measure the hair on a point on my finger and cut that amount off each half.....that's how i cut the length.

when i cut the sides and front, i divide my hair in two halves horizontally. and trim the front by combing the hair over my eyes and clipping with the scissors vertically so i don't end up with a blunt bang cut.

sometimes i will part and just dust the crown for the thinnest weakest ends.

i don't have layers so it's easy.

My hair is full apl and I'm going to get a trim this evening. I really want to cut it somewhere between sl and apl but closer to sl. But I keep thinking about when I wear my hair curly how it will look in its shrunken state if I cut off a couple inches. My ends really need to be cut I have so many ssk's and they are so dry.

The above is why i went ahead and trimmed my ends. but it's also why i was hesitant to cut. i am scared of how my shrinkage looks now.

Last edited:
My ends are jacked up. That is all. I must admit I have been neglecting them. I got two inches cut off and she said I need to cut off more but I didn't want to do that yesterday. Going to lurk in the healthy ends challenge.

So i have come to the realization that i have to keep my hair stretched , at least until i get my ends under control.

So i have come to the realization that i have to keep my hair stretched , at least until i get my ends under control.

Rae81

I have come to the same realization. I can't beat around the bush, I need to stretch my hair to save my ends and myself the abuse. Even finger detangling wasn't saving them. So.Many.Single.Strand.Knots. :wallbash: :fistshake:

I just cant.

It's okay. I have a plan. :orders::boxing::rocker:

Back