Natural who press or flat iron- need help!

Ms Lala

Hi,

I have been natural for about 6 years and I don't wear my hair in straight styles. I am thinking about straightening it out for Christmas and need some tips on what products to use. I thought about going to the salon but I have heard about and seen too many mess ups. I have an electric pressing comb and flat iron at home. I don't know if I should use a pressing cream or a straightening serum/heat protectant? I also would like to know if it's possible to get it straight w/o blowdrying it first? Also am I supposed to moisturize the hair before pressing or will that make it revert? Any tips would be helpful.

I'm newly natural and haven't straightened my hair yet but AFashionSlave recently posted a thread where she straightened her hair which has good instructions. She rollerset first and then flat ironed.

thanks, I will search for that thread. That is a good idea because I don't want to blowdry my hair.

I usually wash and condition my hair apply a watery leave in like infusium or ntm. Then i apply my heat protector(ic heat) and let it air dry in a couple of buns( I do this the night b4 i am going to flat iron). My roots and hair is pretty straight so i dont blow dry or anything just flat iron and it came out pretty straight(pic in my avatar)

Back