Natural Wash n Go

yellagirl730

Are wash n gos damaging to the hair and if so how does it damage? I am planning to wear them this summer as it is to hot and humid in Texas to wear my hair straight. Any other ideas or pointers would be appreciated.

i've worn my hair in wng's almost everyday since i've been natural (2yrs) and my hair is healthy and growing just fine... i think some ppls hair can wng easier than others... i know a lot of folks complain about gettin a lot of tangles when they wng but i dunno... i don't have that problem... i think it's all about perfecting your wng which takes a while... but yes i agree wng's are the best option for hot humid weather... i'm from mis'sippi and it's hot as hades here so i feel ur pain... anywho could you give us more info on ur hairtype, etc. so we can give u tips and pointers...

i've worn my hair in wng's almost everyday since i've been natural (2yrs) and my hair is healthy and growing just fine... i think some ppls hair can wng easier than others... i know a lot of folks complain about gettin a lot of tangles when they wng but i dunno... i don't have that problem... i think it's all about perfecting your wng which takes a while... but yes i agree wng's are the best option for hot humid weather... i'm from mis'sippi and it's hot as hades here so i feel ur pain... anywho could you give us more info on ur hairtype, etc. so we can give u tips and pointers...

I think my hair is 4a, thought it was 4b, but anyway. I'm using a leave in conditioner by CON and am applying IC aloe vera gel in the shingling method also using an ION product for detangling. I'm wondering if this is considered a protective style as I colored my hair and have had some breakage. Do you wash your hair everyday, I do and thought it maybe contributing to some minor breakage.

i wash everyday but i alternate poo with a cowash everyother day... maybe u should cowash... do your ends coil when you wng? my ends don't coil all over so i use my denman to encourage coils in the wavier section... i think that if ur ends are coiled it's definitely more protective as long as they're well moisturized

i wash everyday but i alternate poo with a cowash everyother day... maybe u should cowash... do your ends coil when you wng? my ends don't coil all over so i use my denman to encourage coils in the wavier section... i think that if ur ends are coiled it's definitely more protective as long as they're well moisturized

Yes, they do coil all over. A little wider than a pencil. I'm trying to get away from washing everyday, what do you recommend as a good cheap conditioner for a cowash?

Back