Natural&transitioners 3c,4a&4b, please post your current hair regimen

Ronda123

because I am currently transitioning and have tried several products and routines but wondered what was working for you all? I have to use 2 different routines for the 2 different textures (natural & permed hair) that continues to wrestle each other. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

TIA

Re: Natural 3C, 4A & 4b...please post your current hair regimen

I am still in my PJ phase so things could change in a minute:

-I conditioner-wash twice weekly with either Daily Defense Tender Apple (DDTA), Suave or VO5...the cheap stuff.

-I like to mix honey with my conditioner. It increases slip for me.

-I only comb my hair when somewhat wet and full of conditioner with a wide-tooth comb.

-I used Surge 14 on my edges and the Moisture Aide after washing only.

-I use a drop of an oil mixture on my edges when I feel like it or when I wrap my puff at night.

-I use Asha's Mare Attraction when I need it in between washings.

-I used a apple cider vinegar (ACV) rinse made with either rosemary tea or just water and rosemary essential oil once weekly. I use it to rinse or conditioner and that is the final rinse.

Well I'm transitioning with a sew-in weave (curly/kinky look). It took a couple months for me to establish a routine, but ultimately, I keep it natural. I use essential oils, natural unrefined butters, and herbs to nourish, treat, and style my hair. I like it this way, too because I can use one thing for a variety of purposes.

Cleaning: I use Nature's Gate Herbal Shampoo, clarify with baking soda (if needed) and final rinse with Apple Cidar Vinegar.

Deep Conditioning: I combine Shea Butter and essential oils and herbs to deep condition.

Treatments: I use essential oils to scalp message

Styling: I either use shea butter, water, and a Boar's Bristle Brush to slick my hair back. My coils are soft and moisturized making them easy to style.

Re: Transitioner 4A & 4b...please post your current hair regimen

I'm transitioning and I think my hair is a mixture of 4a/4b.

Shampoo with Creme of Nature every two weeks
Condition with LeKair's Cholesterol Plus every two weeks
Protein treatment with ElastaQP Breakage Control Serum once a month
Leave-in: Motions Nourish leave-in all over my hair and Silk Elements glossing polish on my ends
Moisturizers: ElastaQP Recovery Oil Moisturizer, mixture of oils (jojoba, olive, carrot, aloe vera, etc.)
Styling: I have been doing rollersets, wet wraps

Check out the link below in my signature for a more detailed regime. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I have been transitioning since January. This is my regimen:
I no poo 1-2 times a week (more during the summer). I mainly use V05 Nourishing Oasis Lavender & Chamomile or Honey & Almond. I also use V05's Kiwi&Lime or Tangerine Tickle. When I shampoo their Kiwi&Lime shampoo is good for me. I use the Queen Helene cholesterol when I need to deep condition.
I wear my hair in a twistout. After I no poo I section my hair into six parts. I use my fingers instead of a comb to part my hair, I then use my mixture of Hollywood Beauty's Carrot Creme and Africa's Best Oil w/ginseng (I used the Olive Creme tonight)on each section of hair. I twist and then roll onto pink perm rods(I used the yellow rods tonight). In the morning I just untwist and seperate a bit. My twist are frizz free and pretty shiny.
In between no pooing I spray my hair at night with a water and cocoa butter oil mix and retwist.

Natural....

Wash 1x week with Creme of Nature Shampoo rinse with more conditioner

Deep Condition 1x month with ORS hair mayo

Mositurize daily with Elasta QP Mango Butter/Pantene Relaxed and Natural Setting Lotion and shower without a cap (but not directly wet the hair) so the mist moisturizes as well /images/graemlins/smile.gif

yeah its simple yet effective /images/graemlins/smile.gif

*Shampooing every 2 weeks with AO Island Butter Shampoo followed by NTM Hair Mask for 3-5 minutes.

*CON washing every 3 days with Suave Coconut or VO5 Strawberries and Creme

*Combing out each morning and spraying my hair with Soft N Sheen hair moisturizer. I know i shouldnt be combing every day but the spray i use gives my hair alot of slip and the comb isnt snagging any hairs or anything.

*Instead of wearing my satin bonnet i'm laying my silk scarf over my pillow case and sleeping like that.

[ QUOTE ]
Ronda123 said:
because I am currently transitioning and have tried several products and routines but wondered what was working for you all? I have to use 2 different routines for the 2 different textures (natural & permed hair) that continues to wrestle each other. /images/graemlins/mad.gif

TIA

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Ronda...

It took me a while to find products that work for my transitioning hair. I found that using natural products is what works best for me. I basically condition wash my hair every day with Aubrey Organics Honeysuckle Rose Moisturizing Conditioner (I recently started adding a little Biotin in).

After washing...I moisturize with Coconut Oil and Carol's Daughter Hair Milk. I do this twice a day.

I sleep in a satin cap...and I'm also doing the plastic cap method @ night.

Once a week I will give myself an ACV rinse. If my scalp really needs a good cleaning...I shampoo with Aubrey Organics Island Naturals Butter Shampoo.

Once a month...or once every few months...I deep condition with henna...and that's all she wrote. /images/graemlins/wink.gif

I would post a hair type...but I gave up on hair typing months ago!

Good luck with your transition!

wash: suave clarifying or garnier fructis for color treated hair

conditioner: NTM deep conditioner or suave tropical coconut

daily style: cornrows, worlds of curls activator, surge or aphogee Keratin & tea tree reconstuctor spray

ends: mango butter or 360 styling pomade.

and i slap on my wig or wear a silk scarf.

Thank you ladies for posting your regimens and thank you TigerLily for posting the threads! /images/graemlins/rosebud.gif

*shampoo, clarify (ACV spritz), detangle & deep condition: 2-3 times a month (Aveda Sap Moss Shampoo or Aussie Moist shampoo...Suave 2 Minute Miracle deep conditoner)
*wear protective styles (usu. braids) inbetween wash days (I use Cantu Shea Soft or Profectiv Megagrowth on my braids)
*spritz braids with water/rosemary eo 2-3 times a week
*cover hair w/ hats more esp. when going out (for the winter months)
*keep ends protected (coconut oil)
*sleep in a satin scarf
*drink lots of water
*eat balanced meals and take multivitamin/protein shakes

wash: suave tropical coconut cond. or Aphogee damaged hair shampoo for complete scalp cleanse after 1-2 weeks of twist

conditioner: PM The Conditioner

leave-in: PM The Conditioner, woogee cream, and a bit of lotion 9

daily style: Puff for a couple days then twist for 1-2 weeks, surge or aphogee Keratin & tea tree reconstuctor spray

Twist with whipped pudding or pure unrefined shea.

ends: shea butter

(I'm Transistioning since Feb.)

I wash with Jessicurl Hair Cleansing Cream and Jessicurl Too Shea Conditioner
Then I either do a braid-out (I use two plaits with some ORS Olive Oil Lotion on the end, let it dry overnight, and finger style in the morning)
OR I do twists (this usually takes an hour and lasts me a 1 1/2weeks)

When I get sick of dealing with two textures, I'll flat iron it, and pin curl it at night.

I have been natural for 8 months now and I wash once or twice a week depending on how I feel with CON shampoo for dry hair. After washing I apply shea butter to my hair and do a roller set, twists or whatever I feel. Then thoughout the week I mist my hair with Back to Basics sunflower light conditioner. Then I start over again. For a deep conditioner I use the Back to Basics moisture retention condoner and I detangle with the jibire (sp) shower comb. That's it for me.

Well, I'm natural now.. on the drive to Cleveland I read "Curly Girl".. very very good book.. I've actually started the Curly Girl Method.. so that I will be the routine I'm going to follow.. If I do decide to poo..shampoo.. I'll prolly only use Elucence.. but if I do poo..I'll only shampoo maybe one every 2 weeks..if that.. but I CW daily.. I've been using Salerm 21 as a leave in mixed with a little bit Kemi oil.. and I've been spraying Health Goddess on my hair before I put that in..I ran out of Surge..once I get Surge again, I'll go back to using that.. once or twice a day.. Eventually I'm going to get some Jessicurl products and some Devachan products to use in my routine.. I plan on also making some of the recipes in her book eventually to use on my hair..

I'm finding that the longer my hair gets, I have to change up my regimen. So my latest one is not too bad. I wash my hair with either elasta qp then do an ACV rinse or I just clarify with Neutrogena clarifying poo. I then protein/deep condition with Aubrey GPB and some other deep conditioner for about an hour with just a plastic cap on. I rinse then use shea butter mixed w/FOTE aloe vera gel to put my twists in. I've been doing this every two weeks and it's been working wonderfully for me. I rinse my scalp (just water) every few days and just redo whatever twists that are loose.

I'm natural...once every two weeks I pre-poo deep condition with deep conditioner, oil, and honey. Shampoo with elucence moisturizing shampoo. Condition again with just conditioner and plastic cap under dryer. The next week I just rinse with water and use my acv/herbal tea rinse as a leave in. The ingredients are known to change, and this week they were 3 chamomile tea bags and 3 rosemary tea bags steeped in hot water to which I added 1/4 cup of acv and enough water to make a 2qt pitcher full. I poured about 8oz into my squirt bottle and added 15 drops of rosemary eo, 10 drops of tea tree eo, and about 1 tsp. jojoba oil. I put the rest of the pitcher in the fridge until next time.

I have a very simple routine,
conditioner wash every two or three days
saturate my hair with a butter/oil mixture I make myself
set my hair in big twists (usually CO wash at night)
loosen and fingerstyle hair in the morning and go
also, every three weeks I do a henna treatment
wash with shampoo when neccessary

My sig tells it all...my hair is a mix of coils and S-shaped waves, very thick and dense. I've been phony-ponying it for the last month and doing well with that, feel free to pm me if you want more help. And I think Bubblnbrownsugar had a good thread about it I'll see if I can bump it up for you, HTH

my regimen varies due to the seasons, my mood, and sometimes just pure laziness. But for the most part:
*I shampoo and condition once a week with nexxus, kenra or elucence.
* If needed in between shampoos i may do a conditioner wash depending how my hair/scalp feel.
*detangle weekly with wide tooth comb while conditioning.
*clarify with baking soda or ACV once in a while if i feel build up
*use a shea butter based product on my ends and wear protective styles.
*sleep with satin scarf
*sometimes when i remember i spray my scalp with a homemade rosemary/peppermint spritz to stimulate growth
*If my hair is extra tangled I may do a pre shampoo treatment of conditioner/olive oil with plastic cap.

I am natural 4b

I wash once a week (but now almost every 2 because of the cold weater. I am prone to colds)
I use dove intense moisture conditioner and shampoo for color treated hair for regular washes.
For conditioner washes I use suave or VO5 scented conditioners. I have many different ones.
I only comb my hair when it is soak and wet so it doesnt hurt.
I twist and let it air dry. It usually takes a full day to dry.
I do use color (garnier 100% in blue/black) every 6 months.

I wear my hair twisted for one week using CD's honey mimosa and Elasta QP mango butter mixed. Using during that week I use s mixture of S-curl moisturizer, olive oil, jojoba oil, shea butter and a few drops of OR temple serum. Then the following week I wear a twist out for the next week. After the twist out I wash my hair with Motion CPR shampoo and follow up with Motions CPR conditioner treatmeant (not sure if that is the name but it is in a jar) I keep it in over night wearing a plastic cap at night. In the morning I rinse out the conditioner and then put in CD hair milk and blow dry and do it all over again!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

shampoo every 2 weeks with Creme of Nature shampoo

Daily style - twists! Lately I've been putting my hair in small twists as they last longer and need less manipulation. Time to take these ones down!

every other day or so I moisturise my scalp by spraying water, and apply kemi shea butter to the ends. I apply this to my hair whilst twisting too.

That's it! I like to keep it simple. I may blow dry every couple of months but I'm trying to keep it down as O retained more length by avoiding heat. Now I plan to improve my terrible diet...

I new to this board so this is my very 1st post.
My last relaxer was May 30, 2004 and did the BC 10/3/2004
I have 4a/4b type hair.
my current regimen is no-poo once a week
avc rinse once a week
deep condition with hair mayonaise mixed with peppermint oil
every other week.
surge leave in treatment or infusion mixed with water after every hair cleasing.
then I moisturize with shea butter mixed jojaba oil, almond oil, sage and vitamin E
I spritz daily with water, vita E and ylang,ylang
no heat unless I'm deep conditioning.

I shampoo once a week with Creme of Nature or a clarifying shampoo when needed

Condition with Pantene Hydrating Curls Conditioner

Moisterize with Sta-Sof-Fro

I wear my hair in twists and then put my twists into a bun. I redo my twists every two months. On wash days I will redo certain spots if it is too frizzy.

Shampoo and condition hair twice a week. Deep condition once a week with cap and sit under dryer. Protein treatment every 6 weeks. Clear rinse every 4 weeks {just started this}. Moisturize every day. When using growth stimulants {Surge or Nioxin} I spray my scalp with the product once {for Nioxin} or twice {with Surge}. My hair is natural {4a maybe?} and it loves protein /images/graemlins/ooo.gif. Products in rotation are:

Kenra Moisturizing Shampoo and Conditioner
Nioxin Smoothing Actives Moisturizing Cleanser/Scalp therapy
Suave Daily Clarifying shampoo {used on occasion}
Ultra Black Hair {Deep} Conditioner {once a week}
Aphogee Treatment for Damaged hair {used every 6 weeks}
Sebastians Colourshines {in Clear}-every 4 weeks
B and B Oil Moisturizer with Castor Oil and Aloe {daily}
Nature's Wild Child Virgin Oil de Coco Creme
Dabur Vatika Oil {occasionally}
My own moisturizing spray mix {used as needed}
Surge {daily}-currently not using though
Nioxin Smoothing Actives Bionutrient Moisturizing treatment

Hm... I just started something new but I guess I'll go with it since I like it so far.

Because my hair isn't in twists like it usually is I do a CW every morning. I wash once a week, deep con once a week. I really should get something for protein.

Wash: Nexxus Therappe(every week)
Con: Nexxus Humectress, After I put the con in, I usually run some hot water and let the shower steam up
Leave In: Oyin Whipped Pudding(I love this stuff), Jojoba oil(on my ends)
Detangle:Oyin Greg's Juice and a bone comb

Wow I never realized my regimen was so simple

Back