Natural 4A and or 4B hair opinons please.

What do you use?

• I use Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

Votes: 24 23.5%
  • I use MYHoneyChild Natural Hair Creme

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use MyHoneyChild Type 4 Hair Creme.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I use two. (please tell which two)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I use all three

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use a different store/internet product (please tell)

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I use my own hair concoction. (please tell)

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • I have never heard of these products.

Votes: 29 28.4%

• Total voters
I dont use any of these.

For leave-in i use a product called Shea Moisture Leave-In (from beautyofnewyork.com for $7)

And i follow with a clear gel for wash-n-gos i use Herbal Essences Body Envy and for slick back ponytails/puffs i use Fantasia IC Gel w/ Sparkle-lites

Lol, we use the same products....:spinning:

I tried KCC and it made my colored 4a hair way too dry:sad:

KCCC is a great moisturizing styler. It works very well for multiday hair. I use Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Hair Jelly most often though. I also like Aveda Retexturizing Gel (lighter hold) and Aveda Aloe and Flax Seed Gel (a little more hold) with a leave-in and oil underneath.
Thank you I will look this up.

I like the Kinky Curly Curling Custard. It works really well with the Knot Today as a leave-in.
I tried the type 4 cream years ago. Maybe the formula changed but back then it didn't do anything for me and was really soupy.
Another good gel is Oyin Handmade Shine and Define. It has a nice soft hold. :)

I like the Kinky Curly Curling Custard. It works really well with the Knot Today as a leave-in.
I tried the type 4 cream years ago. Maybe the formula changed but back then it didn't do anything for me and was really soupy.
thank you i will look up the oyin product

Does the KCCC help reduce shrinkage as the hair dries with the product on?

I use Miss Jessie's products for twistouts. The Curly Pudding and the Buttercreme are EXCELLENT... pricey, but excellent! For wash-n-go's I use fantasia gel w/ sparklites! I also use an aloe/shea/glycerin concoction or simply a moisturizing conditioner as a leave-in. Works wonders! :yep:

I use Oyin's Whipped Pudding. It is the product that I found that keeps my hair soft day and I don't have to reapply for 2 days. I also use the Shine and Define and the Burnt Sugar when I twist my hair. The Burnt Sugar makes my hair shine.

I have ordered MHC products but haven't really used them except the scalp cleaner. Part of the reason for this is when in braids, I don't use any products on my dry hair. Products I ever use on my hair are shampoo and conditioner and ACV/EO rinse. So my Type 4 cream or whatever it's called is collecting dust somewhere. When I had my hair out, I found less was more and S-Curl just knocked my socks off, so I never felt the need to try anything else. But I know people that swear by Krika's products. :yep: That's how I ended up getting them: I was in the market for something to use on my hair when out of braids or twists (before I tried S-Curl) and was told to write to MHC and ask for recs. I then ordered what she suggested but I am yet to try it....

So as I mentioned, I only use S-Curl when not in braids. When in braids, nada.

I have used KCCC before. I stopped using it long again, it didn't really make a huge difference in my style because I don't have my hair shaped in a way that would benefit the curls. I have used Honeychild's products, but not those.

I use Qhemet Biologics, Alma & Olive heavy cream, Olive & Honey hydrating balm, Burduck root butter cream and honeybush soft tea gel. Here's her website: www.qhemetbiologics.com I also have Oyins, Whipped pudding,shine & define and Burnt sugar pomade, Honey hemp conditioner best stuff I ever used. Here's her website:www.oyinhandmade.com these are all natural products.HTH

I use my own products I make up. Aloe vera gel, mixed with castor oil and olive oil, mixed with glycerine, wildgrowth oil and rosewater.

I don't use any of those products. I use African Royale Braid BRX Spray and World of Curls Activator on my hair when I do braidouts on airdried hair. My hair is soft and moisturized this way.

i don't use any of the products above but as am transitioning and i discovered profectiv growth 'n' repair anti-itch strengthening oil free serum it realy moisturizes my new growth leavin it realy soft and manageable,its so good that am half way through my second bottle and it doesn't leave any built up.

The KCC with the Knot Today as the leave in gives me the best definition as well as adds moisture and shine to my hair.

My search keeps sending me to a white blank page, so I am asking for opinons from 4A and or 4B type hair. I hope this has not already been asked.

I was on www.naturallycurly.com and I found Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, MYHoneyChild Natural Hair Creme and MyHoneyChild Type 4 Hair Creme.

I would like to hear the good and the bad of one, two or three of these products.

How long have you been using one, two or of all three of these products?

Your help is appriciated.

Curling Custard is the truth especially when used along with KNOT today. It defined my curls like nobodys business.

- MyHoneyChild did not work for me...

Thanks to all that I have replied. I dropped off to finish college but I am back. As of two weeks ago I started using a mix of two pantien conditioners, rusk hair treatment, red palm oil, coconut oil and coconut milk. I wet my hair, put it on my hair cover it and leave it on as I sleep. I then I rince it out in the morning. I put chatto on my scalp and hair line and use bees wax on my ends. So far so good, but it has only been two weeks.

Last edited:
I use KCCC, also IC fantasia gel is good for wash n gos. WHen I don't do this I have a concoction of shea butter, aloe vera gel and coconut oil. I wash n go everyday sometimes i leave the conditioner in but no matter what the key is to moisturize and seal. And then keep your hands out of your hair.

Someone may have already suggested this (too lazy to scroll through the entire 6 pages :D) but I use Oyins handmade burnt sugar pomade and her whipped pudding. Both are all natural and very moisturizing. Also subscribe to sheamoisture sheabutter leave-in. This works better for me on dry hair.

KCCC. I have been using it for over a year...never fails me. I have not tried the other products in the poll.

I do not use any of these products Cantu leaves my hair quite flaky the best thing for me is Elasta QP olive and mango butter!!!!!! and green tea spray (homemade), it leave my hair extremely moisturised and it last for 2 days

Back