Natural sisters who are frequent hair washers?

Daughter

UK Blak
Do any natural 4a/b sisters was their hair more two times a week or more? If you do, how long is your hair, and hoe do you style it?

I've been doing twice a week for about a month and a half and it's great! My scalp is much better than before I joined the board but I think I have build up (when I scrape a fingernail across my scalp, I get whitish flakes, though I only washed my hair yesterday!)

I'd like to hear your pints of view!

I do this in the summer when I wear my hair out. I have 7inches of natural 4Bhair.
I usually twist them BIG after washing them and then wear a twist out/afro the next day or I just do the shake n' go. I loved this because it allowed me to wash the product out of my hair and give my dry hair a good conditioning. It is time consuming though, some nights I am just not up to it.

I'm mostly 4a. I usually wash my hair three times a week, (two conditioner washes). My hair is 10 inches on the crown and 12 inches elsewhere. I usually put my hair in bantu knots, let it air dry and take them out while my hair is still damp. Ocassionally I wet set my hair, or air dry using the pony tail method.

I'm a bit scurred of the shake n go! Then again if I really detangle, it shouldn't be too much of a problem...

Do you use anything like hair pins to secure your bantu knots? I've tried em once (on dry hair though) and they didn't last long... I'll give it another try.

Thanks to you both for your input.
smile.gif
Anyone else out there?

I don't usually use anything to secure my bantu knots. Sometimes if I have one that just won't stay, I use a plastic hair pin.

I am on the shorter end of the Natural hair spectrum. I chopped in january, and now have 3-4 inches of 4b hair. I wash with shampoo once a week, and the other days, i conditioner wash. Even if my hair is in 2 strand twists, I do the same routine for the week. So I wet my hair everyday. When I am not in twist i just wash and go, and use some clips, barrettes, or headbands. Right now I am in braids, and my routine is different. I dilute my shampoo once a week, and pour over my braids and scalp, then rinse. Then the rest of the week, I rinse with water and Abba nourishing. The Abba is runny enough, not to cause buildup. Or i just rinse with plain water. After that I use the Worlds of Curls, and put it on the braids, and put a silk scarf on. The next morning my hair is still moist, and I just go.

Tracy

My hiar is short too between 3-5 inches and I really don't know what to do with it so I'm wearing a weave and I shampoo 2x a month. But when it's out, I wash everyday sometimes twice a day even when I wear twists and I shampoo about once maybe 2x a month. I love rinsing my hair when I shower.
smile.gif

drunk.gif
Slowly, but surely

Im 4a/3c. i used to shampoo everyday last summer but since i read it could be drying i been washing every 3 days and doing conditioner rinses everyday. my hair is past shoulder length. i usually do a shake and go with a scarf used as a headband or i just plait it and wear a scarf over my whole head. sometimes i'll do a braidout.

hey everyone, I wet my hair, every day, even if it is just a little or fully in the shower, I apply conditioner daily if I have the time, I stop doing this for a while and now I am back at it, I have not been able too measure my hair since june, 18 inches , I hope it is more this month, I am doing bknots for the nexts 2 weeks if I can last that long
blush.gif
oo:

Back