Natural Self Trimming Question?

FroFab

Do you self trim in twists or braids without problems with significant unevenness? I ask because I am in pixies and have re-done the halo trimming each braid as its unbraided before re-braiding, however I don't feel like re-doing the center and I would like to trim that area as well. Essentially I'm asking opinions on if it would be wise to trim .5 to 1 inch off the braids (as I've been doing with the unbraided/re-braided halo) by just pulling and cutting? (Keep in mind these are about 3 weeks old so there is some shrinkage from washing)

Thanks in advance.

I dust/trim my hair while in 2 strand twists. I dont really care of uneveness to much because I never wear my hair straightened.

If I were you, I wouldn't trim that much off, while in braids..I do my dusting/trimming on freshly cleansed hair. After the hair has been braided/twisted up for a while (like you said) there is alot more shrinkage. I think you'd be literally cutting off more than you can chew. HTH

Right now I'm rockin Mini Twists I'm thinking before I take them down I'll do a thorough S&D then take them down...I think this can be done in braids as well. I also like to do S&D's while my hair is pressed pin straight since it so much easier.

I've completely stopped doing trims in the traditional sense of cutting straight across. I find that to be completely unnecessary and other hairs that are perfectly fine and healthy are lost because of one bad apple. I plan on doing S&D's for at least two years and evening out if I feel my ends are too choppy. I'm thinking once I get to WL since I'll be in maintenence mode at that point I'll just have ends that get more and more blunt as I maintain it there.

Back