Trimming Setbacks.... How do you Deal? (vent)

Hi amara,

Like another poster said I NEVER let a stylist put a scissor to my hair. I do my own trimming (which admittedly has been very aggressive as of late) but at least YOU control what is going on with your hair,

I go to the Dominicans for my relaxers and I simply never let them cut regardless of what they say. I've watched them cut others and they just cut too much. Point blank, end of story.

Positive for you: At least you are starting with VERY healthy ends. Baby them and your hair will look better than before the cut when it grows out.

I'm sorry you went through this. I went through the same thing a couple of weeks ago when I got my stylist to relax my hair. I did NOT ask for a trim or anything...she just went ahead and do it. Any other time she would ask but she did it. She literally complimented me on my lenght and trim my ends. I looked like what I did before the relaxer. I am trying not to be as upset, but I do know that when I return in December for my next touch-up, I'll let her know what I DONT want. You'll be okay. Just know that setbacks are setups for comebacks

LOVES it! Awesome. :)

im unsure, but Ill ask her tomorrow and get back to you. It looked great.

Thanks, I have sooooo many questions for you (I just stalked your fotki) but I'll ask later- it's late, I need to high-tail it to bed. :grin:

I'm available for micro or megadustings. I'm great with hair. I live in Westchester County, New York. PM me.

We've all been there....I understand.

Oh Im sorry to hear that. Well at least now you know you won't have to get a trim or cut for awhile. It just sucks that your hair was past APL. But don't stress cause it will show in your hair.

the last trim i had was my BC in june, so i can't relate to that per se, but i have been toying with the idea of a sew-in. bohyme brazilian is what i would get if i were going for a natural-looking sew-in. check here:
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=265363&highlight=bohyme+brazilian
http://www.longhaircareforum.com/showthread.php?t=251397&highlight=bohyme+brazilian (this one is by Ediese, go figure, lol...her hair always seems to be on point)

HTH

:grin: Thanks girl! I'm about to get this done in December too. I've had long, short, so now I want some curly!

Sorry this had to happen to you Amara11... I am thinking of getting bangs and was planning on having a stylist cut it for me but now that I'm reading your story, I think I'll do it myself..All your progress down the drain, something that took you months to grow.. I hate those people and that's why I take care of my own hair.. I don't go to them for anyting -- touchups/cutting and stuff because you go in with hair and they do they best to take it off.

Last edited:
On my last touch-up I actually gave my stylist permission to give a heavy trim on my hair, since I had a bit of breakage and unevenness on the front. It was the BEST thing I could've done for my hair. :yep: I still actually managed to make it to APL by the end of the year (with some time to spare, just in case :lol:) even after the cut. So I think in the grand scheme of things it can be very helpful for your hair, and may not set you back that much. :yep: I would just recommend aggressive protective styling and backing off of the heat (if you use it).

On my last touch-up I actually gave my stylist permission to give a heavy trim on my hair, since I had a bit of breakage and unevenness on the front. It was the BEST thing I could've done for my hair. :yep: I still actually managed to make it to APL by the end of the year (with some time to spare, just in case :lol:) even after the cut. So I think in the grand scheme of things it can be very helpful for your hair, and may not set you back that much. :yep: I would just recommend aggressive protective styling and backing off of the heat (if you use it).
I feel you.. I did the same thing yesterday.. Saturday, I gave myself a touchup then on Sunday I proceeded to cut/even up my hair.. I love the results.. I even things up and cut myself a bang.. Now I have a style and when the wind blows my hair falls into place... I thought about it a lot before I did it and I didn't want to part with any of my hair because it takes so long to grow, but after yesterday's trim, my hair look and feel like a new entity.. Glad I took the step..

Back