Votes: 5 10.6%
  • Carol's Daughter Mimosa Hair Honey

Votes: 4 8.5%
  • Other- Plz mention

Votes: 11 23.4%

• Total voters

brownsuga_91

Natural Hair Pomade: Carol's Daughter vs. Qhemet Biologics

Hey ya'll, i need help choosing a natural hair pomade to replace my DAX grease. I've had sucess w/ DAX but with the mineral oil and petroleum I wanna make a change. I've narrowed it down to 2 brands Carol's daughter in Mimosa hair honey and Qhemet Biologics in Herbs & Sulfur Medicinal Scalp Pomade and in Amla Oil Nourishing Pomade. Feel free to offer anything other from these. Note, i grease my scalp w/ pomade.

Last edited:
I haven't tried any of your choices, although I do like Qhems products generally (I have a bunch of her other products, including the grapeseed and tea tree pomade I bought for my SO. I'd like to try the Herbs & Sulfur myself.

If you want grease, you can also try My Honey Child's Sophia Old Fashioned Hair Grease. I really like this one.

I didn't like the Carols daughter pomade at all.I threw away my sample pack long before I joined this forum.

Of the three Qhemet pomades The herbs and sulfur is my fav one.No strong smell and it is very light and absorbs easily into the scalp(don't even notice it) my hair isn't greasy or tacky after using it

The qhemet amla pomade I use the night before a shampoo

IMO The tea tree and grapeseed has a smell that resembles a lemon scented floor cleaning product so the herbs and sulfur is the one that I'll continue to order after the other two run out

I currently use Carol's Daughter Loc Butter on my new growth (5 weeks post relaxer :D ) and like the results, but I think once I have finished off the jar I will try the Qhemet line.

I rotate between Carol's Daughter Loc Butter and QB Amla heavy cream. Sometimes I mix both in my palms and distribute.

Today, I received my Qhemet Biologics Herbs & Sulfur Scalp Pomade. I applied it to my scalp a few minutes ago and it does seem light, but I would think that if you use too much, it could become more greasy. The smell is barely there...it's very faint. I'm gonna continue to use this on my scalp every other day.

I do have the Qhemet Alma & Olive Heavy Cream, and I love it. Since I've been wearing non-stop buns lately, I'm gonna start using this more than the Oyin Whipped Pudding that I have.

One day soon I plan to purchase the Qhemet Honeybush Hair Tea Gel for "hold" on my edges as I get further into my transition.

I saturate my hair with a butter-oil blend at night and in the morning, as a finishing touch to my bun, I either smooth on a little Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy Cream (heavier) or Sidr Tree Butter (lighter), depending on the temperature-level of humidity. However, yesterday, my hair was acting "static-electricity-ish" and I ran up to the BSS at lunchtime and, after lots of consideration, bought Nature's Blessings hair pomade. Although I keep a small jar of Hollywood Carrot Creme in my desk at work, I needed something heavier than an oil, butter, cream or lotion.

Back at my desk, I smoothed a bit on and my whole head started tingling and it made my hair exceptionally shiny -- like black patent leather. Needless to say that I went back up to the BSS today and bought four more jars as my Mom asked me to send her a couple of jars to Chicago. It goes on much lighter than it actually looks, if that makes any sense. I closed my door to my office, took out a tendril of hair and curled it with the curling iron I keep at work and the effect was a light, beautiful, bouncey, non-greasy curl. My plan is to wear my hair down in December at my job's annual big Christmas party and that is what I will use to flat-iron it with.

I haven't tried Qhemet's actual pomades, but the Carol's Daughter made my hair tacky, sticky...

You can't go wrong with Qhemet's stuff but I haven't tried the pomade. I picked other. Oyin's Burn's Sugar Pomade is the absolute bombay!!!!

Man, no love for the Carol's Daughter products, LOL! Shame on y'all! ;) I've tried some of the hair oils (Lisa's Elixer most recently), and they were OK. Can't comment on the pomades....

Qhemet's Olive and Honey balm is pretty good. I use it for my hair and scalp...soon I'll be trying Oyin's burnt sugar pomade.

I like the Carol's Daughters but I love the Oyin's Burnt Sugar Pomade! That stuff is the bomb!

*I voted other.*

TSUprincess04 said:
Today, I received my Qhemet Biologics Herbs & Sulfur Scalp Pomade. I applied it to my scalp a few minutes ago and it does seem light, but I would think that if you use too much, it could become more greasy. The smell is barely there...it's very faint. I'm gonna continue to use this on my scalp every other day.

I do have the Qhemet Alma & Olive Heavy Cream, and I love it. Since I've been wearing non-stop buns lately, I'm gonna start using this more than the Oyin Whipped Pudding that I have.

One day soon I plan to purchase the Qhemet Honeybush Hair Tea Gel for "hold" on my edges as I get further into my transition.

I have been using this as well. It is pretty light, but it is easy to use too much. It smells like the flowers of sulfur powder that you can but, but it is not very strong. It has not caused any buildup or itching for me, either. So far I like it. :)

I have not tried their heavy cream yet. I love the Sidr tree butter balm so much that I can't get away from it.

scorpian said:
I didn't like the Carols daughter pomade at all.I threw away my sample pack long before I joined this forum.

Of the three Qhemet pomades The herbs and sulfur is my fav one.No strong smell and it is very light and absorbs easily into the scalp(don't even notice it) my hair isn't greasy or tacky after using it

The qhemet amla pomade I use the night before a shampoo

IMO The tea tree and grapeseed has a smell that resembles a lemon scented floor cleaning product so the herbs and sulfur is the one that I'll continue to order after the other two run out

I agree! My fav grease, Nature's blessings would make my hair fell greasy after a few days. The Herbs and Sulfur has not done that at all.

Well I used the Oyin Burnt Sugar...man this stuff smells so good! Actually all the products smell good. I think I was a little heavy handed with it though! I definately have hold and shine but I did use it on top of the Shine and Define.

I haven't tried the other two, but the Carol's daughter mimosa honey thing didn't really do anything for me. I like her other stuff, but this wasn't my favorite.

Is there a store that sells Qhemet products? I've been wanting to try this stuff for a while but didnt want to order it online.

I voted for CD Mimosa hair honey (I've never used Qhemet products). I've stopped using it for awhile, but I might get back to it one day.

well none of qhemets products worked for me. i love carols daughter, just not the mimosa hair honey.

I would like to try these two: Qhemet Amla and Olive Heavy Cream (heavier) or Sidr Tree Butter (lighter) since I heard so many good things about them. Too bad I can't pick them up at a beauty supply store.:wallbash:

the mimosa hair honey is oil based and has a lot of beewax in it, and to me its over priced, but the amla oil nourishing pomade has sulfur in it and other ayervedic powders and oils that promote overall health and growth. I would choose qhemet biologics considering that I have both under my sink. Also when i discovered QB I put the mimosa honey away for a long time.

I haven't tried the other two, but the Carol's daughter mimosa honey thing didn't really do anything for me. I like her other stuff, but this wasn't my favorite.

Ditto to the bolded. It did not add shine or control frizz. The best thing about this product is the smell.

I haven't tried Qhemet products but I have both CD Mimosa and Loc Butter. They are ok and I have used half of both jars. Evening after using them for so long, seems like something is missing. I would go with Qhemet or just find some brand you can get from your local BSS.

I used the Loc Butter on my twists this weekend and man my hair is just greasy, greasy. I probably will try to mix the Mimosa with my Shea Moisture Smoothie - cuz I need to make up something.

Back