Natural Hair Growth Remedies On Youtube

Honestly, I got exhausted looking at all that. Not trying to tell anybody what to do with their hair but is all this really necessary for healthy hair over just plain ole healthy living (7-8 hours of sleep, drinking water, exercise, fruits and veggies as well as regular shampooing and conditioner)?

Not to brag but my hair looks just as good as theirs and the only thing I do is live healthy, use a mild shampoo bar and Queen Helene mixed with EVOO. All this slathering on food, obscure oils and herbs just looks like a snake oil salesman to me. Unless you have a medical condition that makes your hair fall out, I don't see how going to these lengths is worth the time and the money. Again, maybe I'm missing something or maybe I'm one of the lucky ones but it seems that these Youtube gurus are making things more complicated than it has to be. Have these "growth oils" been proven to work? Hair grows on its own and has never needed an oil, it seems like the problem has always been retaining the growth and that is where keeping the hair properly moisturized comes in and this can be done on the cheap.

Last edited:
Honestly, I got exhausted looking at all that. Not trying to tell anybody what to do with their hair but is all this really necessary for healthy hair over just plain ole healthy living (7-8 hours of sleep, drinking water, exercise, fruits and veggies as well as regular shampooing and conditioner)?

Not to brag but my hair looks just as good as theirs and the only thing I do is live healthy, use a mild shampoo bar and Queen Helene mixed with EVOO. All this slathering on food, obscure oils and herbs just looks like a snake oil salesman to me. Unless you have a medical condition that makes your hair fall out, I don't see how going to these lengths is worth the time and the money. Again, maybe I'm missing something or maybe I'm one of the lucky ones but it seems that these Youtube gurus are making things more complicated than it has to be. Have these "growth oils" been proven to work? Hair grows on its own and has never needed an oil, it seems like the problem has always been retaining the growth and that is where keeping the hair properly moisturized come in and this can be done on the cheap.

I think there are a lot of people, like myself, who want to stay away from using synthetic hair products. So videos like these give ideas of some things that we can make and use at home that are great for scalp and hair health. But your are right a healthy body is the most important thing to get healthy hair.

I think there are a lot of people, like myself, who want to stay away from using synthetic hair products. So videos like these give ideas of some things that we can make and use at home that are great for scalp and hair health. But your are right a healthy body is the most important thing to get healthy hair.

I get that people are trying to go the natural ingredients route, but when these Youtube gurus are claiming that something as simple as a conditioner or oil can make hair grow I am skeptical. I can see conditioners and oils retaining what has already grown because moisturized hair is less prone to breakage but a random person throwing together oils in their house most likely didn't test their concoction on hundreds or thousands of people to come to the conclusion that their concoction "makes hair grow".

What I've learnt from alla dis is that whatever you find is going to grow your hair so just grab the nearest thing to you and apply it to your scalp et voilà!

:lachen:Exactly. I just use plain ole olive oil or sometimes castor oil but that is not "exciting" enough to generate and excite a Youtube audience. Noooo you have to go to a remote part of India, Africa or South America and find a rare hard to pronounce oil or herb mix it with a bunch of other obscure ingredients and before you know you have grown 10 inches in 2 months!:lachen:

:lachen:Exactly. I just use plain ole olive oil or sometimes castor oil but that is not "exciting" enough to generate and excite a Youtube audience. Noooo you have to go to a remote part of India, Africa or South America and find a rare hard to pronounce oil or herb mix it with a bunch of other obscure ingredients and before you know you have grown 10 inches in 2 months!:lachen:
:spank:

:lachen::lachen::lachen:

LOL..I will put my Trader Joe's brand EVOO or my castor oil groomed hair up against any of these weird mystical concoctions that these Youtubers are hawking and I swear both of our heads of hair would look the same and you wouldn't be able to tell who's using what. I admit I used to buy all these products and slather all this stuff on my hair but then I realized that my hair looked no better than it did before since I have always had healthy hair due to overall healthy living.

My fiance has Alopecia and quite a few things that Ive learned on YouTube has helped when several doctor's could not. We were told the the hair follicles were comepletely dead and would never grow hair. The condition is actually genetic Alopecia so no matter how healthy a person is or how much sleep they get a night or even the work outs and great diet would help with hair growth.
So for some ppl these videos are miracles. And since Ive been doing some of this with my fiance I went from SL to 1inch shy of WL in right at a year and a half. There are 2 videos in particular that we have been using that works for US. Ive been a licensed Cosmologists for 21yrs now and never learned any of this in all my years.
Also my fiance has a full afro now. Not completely grown back or as thick as we would like yet but an afro with no visible bald areas. This coming from a completely bald scalp. Ijs If it works for some thats great if it doesnt, sorry. Everything isnt for everyone.

My fiance has Alopecia and quite a few things that Ive learned on YouTube has helped when several doctor's could not. We were told the the hair follicles were comepletely dead and would never grow hair. The condition is actually genetic Alopecia so no matter how healthy a person is or how much sleep they get a night or even the work outs and great diet would help with hair growth.
So for some ppl these videos are miracles. And since Ive been doing some of this with my fiance I went from SL to 1inch shy of WL in right at a year and a half. There are 2 videos in particular that we have been using that works for US. Ive been a licensed Cosmologists for 21yrs now and never learned any of this in all my years.
Also my fiance has a full afro now. Not completely grown back or as thick as we would like yet but an afro with no visible bald areas. This coming from a completely bald scalp. Ijs If it works for some thats great if it doesnt, sorry. Everything isnt for everyone.

Which videos in particular, Sis? I know some people with hair loss that could benefit.

Back