Lacefront VS Weave which is more professional?

Rei

"
braids definately, especially if you can just put it in a bun.

If you aren't a master at applying lfs then don't bother. it will show and it will be super distracting. I myself even find myself staring (in horror) at the hairline of employees that i've come across who are wearing bss lacefronts...it looks ridiculous most of the time) "

I know exactly what you are talking about bss lacefronts are not the same as some of the ones on safe websites. I went to the shop to get a lace wig applied and the stylist shaved off my hairline. Shortly after that I was done with the whole glue application thing. My hair was cute, but my hairline was through. I agree that when a lacfront is not properly applied, it looks silly. A person should not know that you are wearing a lacefront.

to be honest even good quality ones are sometimes iffy because its all in the application. I purchased a good quality kinky straight lf sometime back for a ridiculous price and never even wore it (like only twice). I felt silly with it on and I felt like my application wasn't the best (I didn't want to use glue). I'd have rather a good ks weave

So you're texlaxed? Never heard of semi natural. :spinning:

Please stick with braids, or if you have to, a weave. The only way I would say LF is if you buy a custom one with a realistic (I mean seriously realistic hairline) and get it professionally applied, and the cost of all that would outweigh any benefit.

I hate that real hair is not seen as "professional". :nono:

I texlaxed my hair in March. I think that I will buy a high end custom LF from misswigs or bestlacewigs.com. But for now I am leaning towards a drawstring ponytail or a halfwig. I want to get the braids professionally done so that they will last. But I think that you are right about the cost. The last time that I got an install it cost me almost 500 for the wig and installation.

I work in corporate america and I wear a wig -Lacefront. No one knows and I also use my own hair line, so sometimes even my sisters and close friends can't tell, and have to ask. LOL.

I think this question depends on how much money you have to spend and how often you need access to your hair.

They both can be professional, but a good lace is going to cost some $$$. And a good weave may not cost as much but you def wont have access to your hair as easily as a wig.

Here are my pictures...in these pictures the lacefront is from a BSS and only $50. I think it's more about matching hair/wigs to your hair, than the cost. I'm natural and I just flat iron my edges.

Attachments

• IMG_20110621_171110.jpg
    IMG_20110621_171110.jpg
    55.6 KB · Views: 68
  • IMG_20110621_171225.jpg
    IMG_20110621_171225.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 61
  • IMG_20110621_171306.jpg
    IMG_20110621_171306.jpg
    43.2 KB · Views: 62
Most of the lacefronts I see in real life look bad. I have a few myself and I still prefer a regular wig. OP, get a nice weave or some braids. Something conservative with a nice cut and style in a natural color. No Rapunzel hair. I also see no problem with braids as long as they are done neatly. IDK who said braids are outdated but I see them here all the time. Could be a regional thing.

I think the most professional look would be the style that you would feel the most confident in. I like braids. There are so many ways you can wear individual braids and look fab. You could also have some braids in a lighter tone to mimic highlights. For work you can put them in a high bun or pony tail. You could leave them loose or do a side bun or ponytail. Depending on the length you can do a french braid or two french braids with a bun in the back. OMG I love braids! Twist are also lovely.

Please make sure that if your natural hair is braided that the braider does not braid too tightly. The last thing you want is for your edges to suffer for beauty!

I wear both weaves and lf (not glue down since I can't mess w/ glue or tape also I don't wear th bss lf either). I think a nice length (14") weave or lf would professional. Also no crazy colors. I believe is how you will style your hair that matters.

This is one of the lf I wear to work and I think it is work appropriate

1308594585-picsay.jpg

ms.blue

How are you wearing it with no glue? Is it a lace front or full lace?

I work in corporate america and I wear a wig -Lacefront. No one knows and I also use my own hair line, so sometimes even my sisters and close friends can't tell, and have to ask. LOL.

MrsHouston

If you use your own hair line, how are you attaching the lace wig? Also, are you referring to BSS lace fronts or the more expensive kind?

Incognitus, this is lace front. I use hair pins on the sides by my ears. For my full lace wigs and lace fronts, to give me extra security, I do the elastic band method seen on yt along using hair pins.

The key is to keep it neat and not distracting. So nothing too long (past APL) or crazy colors. Small braids, a nice weave or lace front. Pulled into a bun is even better. I worked in an uber conservative bank and for the government in NY, DC and Cali and all the above were fine.

On another note, I've seen some nice inexpensive lacefronts (they have comb attachments).

Back