Natural "Flip" in 4a/b Hair

uofmpanther

4ab, lopo, fine, low-med density
I went to get my relaxer touch up today, and my stylist did a roller ser, rolling the hair under. After it dried she did a blow out, and no matter what she did, my ends kept flipping back up. She said that I have trained my hair to flip. She's one of the senior stylists at my salon, and she said she's only seen 2 other heads of hair do that.

I did notice that when I roller set my hair, no matter which way I roll the rollers, my hair always curls upwards. I thought it was just me, but apparently it isn't.

Has anyone ever heard of this? (I'll try to post a pic later)

P.S. I told her about how I baggie my ends and she said I taught her something :D

It is natural for some people's hair to have a natural flip, just like some people's hair grows in a diamond or triangular pattern, or even in a swirl pattern. It's nothing to worry about, it's just one of these quirks that makes us unique.

Alli77 said:
It is natural for some people's hair to have a natural flip, just like some people's hair grows in a diamond or triangular pattern, or even in a swirl pattern. It's nothing to worry about, it's just one of these quirks that makes us unique.
I agree, mine did this when I was relaxed and it does it when it is pressed. Just one of those things..

My hair is quite flip prone also. It stays normal for a few hours and than flips. By day two people think I styled it that way on purpose. It's cute and all, but it just happens. The only time it does not flip is when I have bob length hair.

Mine did that a lot when I was growing it out (short hair to long hair). It finally slowed down as it started to pass my shoulders.

^^ I had the same thing when my hair was relaxed, even if I wrapped it, when I combed it out, my hair would flip especially at chin (and a little past) length.

lol, thought it was just me!! my hair flips ALL the time even more as I get to SL, and because I have crazy layers they are flipping all over the place, like the right picture here:

2monthcompareback-vi.jpg

Back