Natural 4A and or 4B hair opinons please.

What do you use?

• I use Kinky-Curly Curling Custard

Votes: 24 23.5%
  • I use MYHoneyChild Natural Hair Creme

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use MyHoneyChild Type 4 Hair Creme.

Votes: 2 2.0%
  • I use two. (please tell which two)

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • I use all three

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I use a different store/internet product (please tell)

Votes: 31 30.4%
  • I use my own hair concoction. (please tell)

Votes: 15 14.7%
  • I have never heard of these products.

Votes: 29 28.4%

• Total voters

BelindaLuz

My search keeps sending me to a white blank page, so I am asking for opinons from 4A and or 4B type hair. I hope this has not already been asked.

I was on www.naturallycurly.com and I found Kinky-Curly Curling Custard, MYHoneyChild Natural Hair Creme and MyHoneyChild Type 4 Hair Creme.

I would like to hear the good and the bad of one, two or three of these products.

How long have you been using one, two or of all three of these products?

Your help is appriciated.

I don't use any of those products, but if you just want to know of a good cream to use, then you can try profectiv line. their line have some really good ingredients in there products and some of them are not water-base. They line of products makes my hair feel really soft. Otherwise I use a mixture of coconut oil and olive oil or Amla oil. Let me know exactly what you are trying to achieve.

I have only used the MHC type 4 creme, which I didn't like at all. I do like a few of her other products (grease, deep conditioner, conditioners), but not any of the stying cremes.

I've heard generally favorable reviews on the Kinky Curly custard, so out of the options, I would go for that one if I were buying a new stying gel/product.

I really like the type 4 cream as a leave-in with the peppermint & tea tree detangler. This combo works great for twist outs and wash and go's.

I use KCC (aka Kinky Curly Custard) it really brings out my waves and curls. Only downside is it can be drying to my scalp over time. :nono: I use this only on special occasions. But it smells heavenly. :lick:

I use Cantu shea butter repair cream. It moisturizes and defines my curls really well.

On the rare occasions when I wear my hair out - Kinky Curly Custard!
Foe me it works best when I use their leave in Knot Today

I go back and forth between Cantu Shea Butter Leave-In and Long Lovely Locks Curly Custard. Their price went up drastically, so I use LLL less often... though it really defines my curls (I am 3c/4a)

I dont use any of these.

For leave-in i use a product called Shea Moisture Leave-In (from beautyofnewyork.com for $7)

And i follow with a clear gel for wash-n-gos i use Herbal Essences Body Envy and for slick back ponytails/puffs i use Fantasia IC Gel w/ Sparkle-lites

forgot to mention...my hair is SUPER DUPER dry and Shea Moisture Leave-In is the only thing Ive found to really moisturize my hair and even gives it shine:grin:

I use MHC type 4 creme for twists and it works beautifully. It starts off really waxy at first but some how it absorbs in to my hair leaving soft with medium hold. I have been using it for a couple of months now. I also use kinky curly custard as a leave in during the summer when I don't want to use a bunch of products and the humidity is high. I don't have a lot of curl definition but it makes my afro soft.

ETA- I have the newer formula of Curls Millkshake, but I haven't really used it enough to give a fair review.

I don't use any of those products, but if you just want to know of a good cream to use, then you can try profectiv line. their line have some really good ingredients in there products and some of them are not water-base. They line of products makes my hair feel really soft. Otherwise I use a mixture of coconut oil and olive oil or Amla oil. Let me know exactly what you are trying to achieve.

I am trying to balance my moisture and protein. I have a protein overload. I miss my hair feeling soft and moist. It is soft when it is wet, nice and strong (not starw feeling) once it is dry.

I use oil to seal my wet hair, but I want somthing to put on my hair in between con-washing.

I have only used the MHC type 4 creme, which I didn't like at all. I do like a few of her other products (grease, deep conditioner, conditioners), but not any of the stying cremes.

I've heard generally favorable reviews on the Kinky Curly custard, so out of the options, I would go for that one if I were buying a new stying gel/product.

Sounds good. Thank you for the input.

I dont use any of these.

For leave-in i use a product called Shea Moisture Leave-In (from beautyofnewyork.com for $7)

And i follow with a clear gel for wash-n-gos i use Herbal Essences Body Envy and for slick back ponytails/puffs i use Fantasia IC Gel w/ Sparkle-lites

Thank you for your input. I tried the Shea Moisture line a few years ago. it works better for my boys than it does for me.

I will look into the other products that you suggested.

my hair hates that whole line... for styling I just use a good moisturizer, like sunsilk, nexxus head dress for a leave in and pure shea butter or JBCO

I use MHC type 4 creme for twists and it works beautifully. It starts off really waxy at first but some how it absorbs in to my hair leaving soft with medium hold. I have been using it for a couple of months now. I also use kinky curly custard as a leave in during the summer when I don't want to use a bunch of products and the humidity is high. I don't have a lot of curl definition but it makes my afro soft.

ETA- I have the newer formula of Curls Millkshake, but I haven't really used it enough to give a fair review.

Thank you for your input.

For my hair I use
EVO and Water
Soft Sheen Carson Honey Wave Mositurizer Daily
and if I want my curls to stay in place Soft Sheen Carson Honey Wave Stay

I have both MHC type 4 hair creme and kinky-curly custard. Over the weekend, I was using the type 4 creme while I was twisting my hair and I noticed that it makes my hair very soft and fluffy. The custard defines my coils very well but with shrinkage so I don't plan on using it again until my hair grows a bit longer but it's still very good. Overall, I like both products and will be repurchasing if/when I have to. HTH

KCCC is a great moisturizing styler. It works very well for multiday hair. I use Aubrey Organics Mandarin Magic Hair Jelly most often though. I also like Aveda Retexturizing Gel (lighter hold) and Aveda Aloe and Flax Seed Gel (a little more hold) with a leave-in and oil underneath.

Back