Naptrl's updates--BC to Brastrap! I made it! PIC Included!

naptrl

Dr. Naptrl :)
I big chopped in August 2004. I think I've made it to Bra Strap now. It took 1.5 years. In some pictures I look like I'm an inch away, but in others I think I'm there. This bra sits much lower on my back than others, so I'll consider myself to be there!! :) Thanks for all your help. The pics are in my "Growth" album. http://public.fotki.com/awomansglory

PW-jesussaves

MeccaMedinah said:
I was just looking for your updates the other day. Awesome growth & retention!
Thanks! I wanted to wait until I actually got to brastrap or at least pretty close!!

What the?!?! Girl, how did I miss this!!! Was I sleeping? CONGRATS!!! I didn't realize your hair was growing so fast!!! LOVE IT!!!

Beautiful pics. Do you press your hair to keep it straight? I am assuming you are natural hence your title and the BC. Your hair doesn't seem like it waves, coils or curls up at.

Country gal said:
Beautiful pics. Do you press your hair to keep it straight? I am assuming you are natural hence your title and the BC. Your hair doesn't seem like it waves, coils or curls up at.
Yes, I get my hair pressed. It is very natural!! :) My hair dresser is just really good at pressing. I took some shots before I pressed, but they didn't turn out very good :( I'll take more when I wash my hair again! I'm probably a 3c/4a

so1913 said:
What the?!?! Girl, how did I miss this!!! Was I sleeping? CONGRATS!!! I didn't realize your hair was growing so fast!!! LOVE IT!!!
Trying to be like YOU!! You know you're one of my inspirations!!

naptrl said:
Yes, I get my hair pressed. It is very natural!! :) My hair dresser is just really good at pressing. I took some shots before I pressed, but they didn't turn out very good :( I'll take more when I wash my hair again! I'm probably a 3c/4a

You done open up a can of worms. :lol: Here comes the flood gate of questions. How often do you press your hair? Have you noticed any damages from the heat? How long were you natural before you started pressing your hair? How long have you been getting it press (a year, few months, etc)? Does she use a heat protectant? It seems you work out a lot. Does the press style still remain after working out? I would think you would have sweated it out. In the pictures it still looks full. How do you maintain it at night? Finally for now, what is your regimin?

naptrl said:
Trying to be like YOU!! You know you're one of my inspirations!!

Girl, you've out done me!!! I haven't straightened my hair in like a year, but I know it isn't as long as yours! You are MY inspiration now!

OMG, girl that hair is the bomb! Your hair grow so fast. It is so healthy and thick. I never knew someone's hair can grow that darn fast. Do you take any vitamins/mineral or MTG'n???

Country gal said:
You done open up a can of worms. :lol: Here comes the flood gate of questions. How often do you press your hair? Have you noticed any damages from the heat? How long were you natural before you started pressing your hair? How long have you been getting it press (a year, few months, etc)? Does she use a heat protectant? It seems you work out a lot. Does the press style still remain after working out? I would think you would have sweated it out. In the pictures it still looks full. How do you maintain it at night? Finally for now, what is your regimin?
Okay, here I go, CG!! I don't press very often. Most of the time I'm in braids. I just had micros for 3 months. I have had heat damage before, but not lately. It has all curled back up now! I got my hair pressed a couple of months after being natural. I've been getting it pressed once every few months since I've been natural. More often when I'm not in braids. My hair stays pressed until I wash it again. I don't sweat a lot in my head or on my body for that matter. I wrap it at night. Put about 4 rollers in the top and then wrap the remaining hair. I don't really have a regimin. I wear braids a LOT. As the ATL ladies know, I rarely have my hair down. But when it's down I get it pressed once a month and use LOTS of moisture. I started using MTG as well. HTH!!

MizaniMami said:
OMG, girl that hair is the bomb! Your hair grow so fast. It is so healthy and thick. I never knew someone's hair can grow that darn fast. Do you take any vitamins/mineral or MTG'n???
I MTG some. I take a multivitamin and I exercise A LOT!!!

naptrl said:
Okay, here I go, CG!! I don't press very often. Most of the time I'm in braids. I just had micros for 3 months. I have had heat damage before, but not lately. It has all curled back up now! I got my hair pressed a couple of months after being natural. I've been getting it pressed once every few months since I've been natural. More often when I'm not in braids. My hair stays pressed until I wash it again. I don't sweat a lot in my head or on my body for that matter. I wrap it at night. Put about 4 rollers in the top and then wrap the remaining hair. I don't really have a regimin. I wear braids a LOT. As the ATL ladies know, I rarely have my hair down. But when it's down I get it pressed once a month and use LOTS of moisture. I started using MTG as well. HTH!!
I remember your heat damage and your stern warning to me...:lol: Glad to know it's grown out nicely.

I knew that braiding was going to payoff! Wow! No manipulation for 3 whole months at a time...awesome progress girl! :up:

onepraying said:
I remember your heat damage and your stern warning to me...:lol: Glad to know it's grown out nicely.

I knew that braiding was going to payoff! Wow! No manipulation for 3 whole months at a time...awesome progress girl! :up:
Yeah, that was awful, but I gave in and tried it again! It's worked out so far. I think I'll just continue to alternate braids and pressing. I guess somewhat of a "crown and glory" routine

onepraying said:

If I could bare that stuff in my hair, I sure would do it not to touch this mess for 3 whole months!!! Unfortunately me and added hair never work out for more than 5 days, lol.

so1913 said:
If I could bare that stuff in my hair, I sure would do it not to touch this mess for 3 whole months!!! Unfortunately me and added hair never work out for more than 5 days, lol.
Oh my goodness! I LOOOVE micros! They always grow my hair nicely. I can't wait to get mine back. I need to let my edges rest for a month or so though.

Back