Name That One Product You Would Love To See On Shelves In Your Bss Rather Than Ordering

Select those products that worked great for you

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

PureSilver

Hi ladies, ive been scounting these threads for years and i see there are many products out there that are great that i would love to explore but i see you have to order online to aquire most of them.

I need your help and yes a few of our black women who created these products will benefit greatly later.........( i will update on that in another thread). So with your most honest review and opinion, please select from the poll option the product that worked best for you, what it did for you and how it made your hair feel afterwords. If the product is not listed, please highlight the product in you response. Im looking forward to some awesome responses and not just poll participation.

Also will you reorder or have been reordering the same products.

Thank you ladies........have a fabulous hair growing weekend.

Naturalicious clay wash: No clay wash comes even close, and it's too expensive to then have to turn around and pay shipping for.

NaturelleGrow deep conditioners: To be able to walk in a store and purchase these?!?? Eeeeeeeeeesh!!!! I'd be so grateful.

I bet I would add Komaza Care and Darcy's Botanicals if I had more experience with them. I don't, because I would have had to have ordered them and haven't wanted to pay shipping. If they were on the shelf, they wouldn't have gone "out of sight, out of mind" so easily, and I'd know I want them. :lol:

Oh, I see the second part of your post.

Sadly, I will reorder the Naturalicious clay. I stretch my orders as long as possible, though, and use less than I want or probably need for a maximally effective regimen. Gladly, I will always reorder the NaturelleGrow DCs as long as they are available.

I second Naturelle Grow. Thanks @YvetteWithJoy for reminding me about the cart I had sitting there....I was trying to be good until November lol

I was lucky to find a BSS that has most of my products on shelf - Bee Mine, Darcy's, JessieCurls, Curl Junkie, Hydratherma, Qhemet

YW!

And me, too!: I can walk in and get almost everything in the poll already at a black-owned BSS the next town over.

Komaza Care.
While their shipping is quick, I'd prefer not paying it at all especially since I'm usually only grabbing two things from them.
I repurchase it because I can't find their stuff anywhere else and the products agree with my hair and scalp.

ETA: Just read the part about products. I like the Pona Hair and Scalp Treatment and the Jojoba Hemp Hair Butter.

Last edited:
I selected Annabelle's, Naturelle Grow and Komaza Care. All are my holy grail lines and are the only lines I plan to purchase from on Black Friday.

Annabelle's - There are so many products from this line that I love. Most recently the Coco Pre-Poo Treatment but all of the products I have tried have been fabulous. For example, the oil, hair cream, hair pudding, and leave-in conditioners are wonderful. All of her products make my hair feel healthy and moisturized. I have super-sized stash of this line.

Naturelle Grow - This line is my number one line for DC's. I think I have tried almost every DC that she makes and the results leave my hair moisturized and strong. My hair has never felt so good. I get all of my DC's from her. I have a deep stash of DC's from her.

Komaza Care - This is my holy grail line for a protein treatment. I used to purchase other products but now I only purchase the Protein Strengthener. This product makes my hair really strong but yet it still has elasticity and no overload. I buy enough treatments for the whole year so I am in good shape regarding this product.

I will replenish my stash from these lines on Black Friday.

A little off topic but I'd like to see brands not on the bss shelves but on the department store shelves... The bss doesn't let you return most of the time if you've tried it and also I like the dependency that I could go to any department store in that chain and get what I need/check availability.

Naturalicious clay wash: No clay wash comes even close, and it's too expensive to then have to turn around and pay shipping for.

NaturelleGrow deep conditioners: To be able to walk in a store and purchase these?!?? Eeeeeeeeeesh!!!! I'd be so grateful.

I bet I would add Komaza Care and Darcy's Botanicals if I had more experience with them. I don't, because I would have had to have ordered them and haven't wanted to pay shipping. If they were on the shelf, they wouldn't have gone "out of sight, out of mind" so easily, and I'd know I want them. :lol:

The owner of Naturalicious is a good friend of mine. Have you checked Whole Foods? I know it is stocked in some of their locations, and some smaller natural food stores.

All of these lines, because I don't see myself ever trying them otherwise...
Exactly. I don't have the patience for all that. If I give you my money, I want my product now-ish. :look:

And I don't go to the bss. I don't give those people my money. I buy my black products from Target which works out better bc they, unlike the bss, have well-advertised sales and coupons.

I love Annabelle's Perfect Blends, but I don't want to see her in stores.
Reason being, I appreciate fresh, handmade things. The longer the shelf life design, the more reformulating to meet the demand of not spoiling on the shelf. Same for Naturale Grow. I like the love, care, and integrity behind these lines and think it would be lost going mainstream.

But hey, just my opinion.

I love Annabelle's Perfect Blends, but I don't want to see her in stores.
Reason being, I appreciate fresh, handmade things. The longer the shelf life design, the more reformulating to meet the demand of not spoiling on the shelf. Same for Naturale Grow. I like the love, care, and integrity behind these lines and think it would be lost going mainstream.

But hey, just my opinion.

Hadn't thought of that! Interesting point!

I would choose SheScentIt, because my main product is the Seyani Hair Butter and Honey + Castor Softening Balm. I like Annabelle's leave in sprays and oil blends, and so do many others on the board, so I also vote for her to be in stores.

Honestly, no one since I prefer to shop online. If I had to purchase my items in-store, I would be bawlheaded and no one would benefit of my PJism. For me, if it's not online, it doesn't exist.

LOL

I'm with you! It took me nearly eight years of being natural to try a BSS product again. It was Eco-Styler Gel and the only non-natural product I used.

I already know once handmades hit the shelves, it's a wrap. Integrity gets extremely compromised and the street value declines. I'm fine with buying online; 90% of the time I'm in no rush to get my stuff anyway.

I'm still waiting for Carols Daughter to return to flea markets, unfortunately, that ship has sailed, docked and set to never return.

Back