My WEN experience. How I used it and how it went down….

I have only used the 16oz sizes so far and the 6oz should give you at least 3 uses; enough for you to decide if it's a keeper or not. :yep:

Application
1. Start of shower. Rinse hair thoroughly.
2. Apply, starting with the crown, back/nape of the head, then covering the scalp and ends:
- short hair 12-20 pumps
- medium to shoulder length hair 20-30 pumps
- long hair 30-40 pumps, more if necessary.
3. Massage hair for 1-3 minutes. Comb through. Cover with a shower cap or clip up.
4. Leave on for the duration of your shower.
5. Rinse thoroughly and repeat if necessary.
6. Apply 1-3 pumps as a leave in conditioner to soaking wet hair, starting on the back and ends. The more you use, the better the results.
You're great. Thanks again. :)

Ladies.... :grin:

My 32oz Sweet Almond Mint came today. I love the scent! Can't wait until I check this baby out!

When my package came, the pump was broken :cry3:
I had put it back in the box (was going to send it back) when SO came into the kitchen and asked what's wrong? I told him. My baby went and saved the day by switching out the pump with a pump from an old Humectress bottle. I was too busy thinking about the hassle of sending the ish back that it never occurred to me to find another pump :wallbash: and it works just fine :grin:

Ladies.... :grin:

My 32oz Sweet Almond Mint came today. I love the scent! Can't wait until I check this baby out!

When my package came, the pump was broken :cry3:
I had put it back in the box (was going to send it back) when SO came into the kitchen and asked what's wrong? I told him. My baby went and saved the day by switching out the pump with a pump from an old Humectress bottle. I was too busy thinking about the hassle of sending the ish back that it never occurred to me to find another pump :wallbash: and it works just fine :grin:

And you got the big boy too! :lol:
my 32oz bottle is halfway empty:look:

Wen makes my hair sooooo thick it's almost unmanageable. I guess that's good huh? :look:

Same here.... I didn't know if that was a side effect or what. And it dried like SUPER fast... and it was fully saturated.

Y'alll I used the wen fig yesterday and I wasn't like "oooh" like I thought I would be... but maybe it's because I didn't clarify? I'mma about to try this again...with clarifying first... I was going to skate over and use my lavendar... but I'll stick with one since I want to know how it is... I ordered some honeyquat and SAA. I think I might add a little to the wen. I just didn't have that slip I usually have with the Kenra and Redken butter treat...

I'm not going to give up..

^^^
See I'm different. My hair takes hours to dry when I use Wen and before Wen it would take 5 minutes to airdry and 2 seconds with a blow dryer :lol:

I don't have to add anything to make my Wen act right.
Are you relaxed?

^^^
See I'm different. My hair takes hours to dry when I use Wen and before Wen it would take 5 minutes to airdry and 2 seconds with a blow dryer :lol:

I don't have to add anything to make my Wen act right.
Are you relaxed?

Seriously... I used over 40 pumps..and I'm a little past shoulder length. Okay JN since you are the wenologist you are, I won't add anything until I've tried it a few more times. (I'm new at adding stuff anyway)..lol... When I cowash.. I get out, detangle, shea butter leave in, coconut sealer and bun. And a scarf around sides to slick the wavy edges down. Still feels wet when I go to work. Yesterday...same process...dang near dry when I was at work...

I read your directions posted thrice... hmmm... About to try again with clarifying... I'll post when I get out.. lol...

And yes.. I'm relaxed... trying to transition I think... last relaxer was 6/15... but I normally stretch 12-16 weeks anyway.

Okay much better... the clarifying is a definite required step... I even feel tinglies... got much more slip than yesterday...

Good! :yay: Now you should begin to see benefits if you continue to use it.

Tomorrow, I am going to do my Ovation System treatment and then follow with a Wen deep condition (Sweet Almond Mint) and do a rollerset or maybe a braid out. :scratchch

OMG why did I click on this thread? I'm trying to be strong and use up some of the gazillion products that I already have. But the WEN keeps calling me!

I have to, have to, have to get some Fig!!! I use tea tree for my scalp issues and my hair is soooooo dry! I know the fig will get that right under control.

I have to, have to, have to get some Fig!!! I use tea tree for my scalp issues and my hair is soooooo dry! I know the fig will get that right under control.

The Tea Tree Wen??? I was just looking at that this morning and was thinking about using it because my scalp loves anything tea tree.

Hey guys I had posted this in another thread and no one was answering. So I hope to get an answer here. Here is the question...

How would I go about doing this? I want to put a permanent hair color (black) in my hair and use my WEN. How should I go about doing this?

Color my hair first then wash and DC w/WEN?

Or what???

Thanks
ETA: Nevermind. I got the answer.

Thanks Eisani!

Last edited:
Hey guys I had posted this in another thread and no one was answering. So I hope to get an answer here. Here is the question...

How would I go about doing this? I want to put a permanent hair color (black) in my hair and use my WEN. How should I go about doing this?

Color my hair first then wash and DC w/WEN?

Or what???

Thanks

I don't think it makes too much of a difference, but I would condition with Wen first, then color my hair, allow it to "set" or oxidize for a few days and then do another Wen treatment several days later.

ETA: Please go to SistaSlick's Fotki - she's got a whole folder dedicated to Color Care for your hair.

Last edited:
I dont use that many pumps. I cw daily tho. I havent even been using gel, just wen as the leave in to slick it back and maybe some ltr leave in.

Good! :yay: Now you should begin to see benefits if you continue to use it.

Tomorrow, I am going to do my Ovation System treatment and then follow with a Wen deep condition (Sweet Almond Mint) and do a rollerset or maybe a braid out. :scratchch

Ooh.. that sounds good. After I wen'd yesterday; I left a couple pumps in as leave in and then applied the OCT (with my applicator bottle) to the scalp.... I really need to see how wen works as a DC...

Has anybody ordered from Amazon... I see it there...

I ordered from www.chazdeanstore.com and they are FAST. I understand ordering through Amazon is essentially the same. I placed the order at 3 AM central this morning (sleepless night) and have already received a shipping notice. That's pretty good. And considering that today is Saturday, that's great.

I LOVE the sweet almond mint but just ordered the fig set to have a supply of that for the winter months. The more moisture I can get in the winter here, the better.

Ladies,

I used my Sweet Almond Mint (SAM)...

:thud:

:woot: Now I know why they offer the Sweet Almond Mint as the autoship flavor.:yep:

Going to post a review in the other thread too. I used the SAM Cleansing Conditioner, the Oil and the Styling Creme. :yay: My hair is soft, shiny, smoof (yes, smoof) and fragrant. I'm in :love:

Very Happy u liked another one i have to try,january u aint nuttin but a pusher.:grin:

:lol: My mother used to call me her Little Promoter! :lachen:
Toy, you have got to try it. Thanks Gym, EMJazzy and the other ladies that raved about it.

Sweet Almond Mint and Fig are my FAVORITES now!

Since,all of u ladies have given great reviews on it I will be purchasing It come friday,did u order from qvc.

I am doing my sister's hair when she's ready. She has this gelled up-do that she's complaining about. The stylist used stuff on her hair that she was allergic to and she's been digging ever since. I'm going to clarify her hair then introduce her to the wonderful world of WEN MWAAAAAAHAHAHAHAhahahaha. :lol:

Oh brother, adding WEN products to my shopping list, lol. I love the ingredients posted so far, are all of the products free of parabens? If so I can see some of them becoming staples. The oils look good too.

Back