My WEN experience. How I used it and how it went down….

vevster

I have had 3 small bottles of the Wen Cleansing cream for weeks now. Today, curiosity finally got the best of me and even though I am a zillion weeks post and in desperate need of a touch up I decided to try my WEN products.

I used the tea tree on my scalp and hair as a pre poo w/ a hot steamy turbie towel and plastic cap. I must have let this on for at least 30 minutes while I did chores etc. The cream was heavy and thick as it went on which was heartening to me because I have SO much new growth

I then went to the shower to rinse… LOVE :love: My hair was so soft and detangled! I was really happy with that.

I then ‘washed’ my hair w/ FIG(which does smell like cherry cough syrup) and rinsed. I stepped out of the shower, towel dried, and then applied more FIG to use as a deep condish 15 minutes under my heat cap.

I rinsed and my hair was still tangle free. I then went to set. I used a few drops of my Aveda serum (as always) with my water filled spray bottle and it was an effortless set.

As a sidebar, I also noticed that lengthwise I have graduated to ALL GRAY rollers…. I ran out and had to use purples in the front.

I’m under the Pibbs now, but I can see why there are so many WEN Friends on this board!!!

THE END:drunk:

Last edited:
I have had 3 small bottle of the Wen Cleansing cream for weeks now. Today, curiosity finally got the best of me and even though I am a zillion weeks post and in desparate need of a touch up I decided to try my WEN products.

I used the tea tree on my scalp and hair as a pre poo w/ a hot steamy turbie towel and plastic cap. I must have let this on for at least 30 minutes while I did chores etc. The cream was heavy and thick as it went on which was heartening to me because I have SO much new growth

I then went to the show to rinse… LOVE :love: My hair was so soft and detangled! I was really happy with that.

I then ‘washed’ my hair w/ FIG(which does smell like cherry cough syrup) and rinsed. I stepped out of the shower towel dried and then applied more FIG to use as a deep condish 15 minutes under my heat cap.

I rinsed and my hair was still tangle free. I then went to set. I used a few drops of my Aveda serum (as always) with my water filled spray bottle and it was an effortless set.

As a sidebar, I also noticed that lengthwise I have graduated to ALL GRAY rollers…. I ran out and had to use purples in the front.

I’m under the Pibbs now, but I can see why there are so many WEN Friends on this board!!!

THE END:drunk:

Thanks for the review vevster and I'm happy to hear that you've gotten great results with WEN. I like the way you've used it too so thanks for the additional ideas on how we can use it.Tthis will help me stretch my relaxer a little longer this time I think.

I feel like this when y'all talk about WEN :poke:. I need more products like I need a hole in my head. It doesn't help I see the infomercial EVERY. freaking. morning.

Thanks for the review vevster and I'm happy to hear that you've gotten great results with WEN. I like the way you've used it too so thanks for the additional ideas on how we can use it.This will help me stretch my relaxer a little longer this time I think.
Yes, my hair was not stressed at all.

NO SHEDDING for me in the shower....

I'm glad you :love: WEN.

I just finished WEN'ing and am sitting with my hair wrapped to air dry over night and style in the morning.

My shedding is down to a minimum, my hair is healthier (and so is my daughters) and my color is lasting much longer.

:love4:

Gymfreak and a few other ladies have me curious about the Sweet Almond Mint...:scratchch

Girl tell me about it JN. I have my hair cornrowed now and won't be undoing them until the end of the month so I think I'll use my WEN then. I am of course, collecting ideas on how to use my WEN conditioners when I finally take these cornrows down. I have added some fig WEN to some Rehydrant spray I have in a bottle for my daily moisturizer though. My hair is softer to the touch since I added it.

Believe it or not but the Lavender scent is my favorite of the three that I have, next would be the tea tree and then the Fig. Now I want the almond mint one next.

I'm going to try the Sweet Almond Mint. :yep:

I used sweet almond mint and it is heavenly. I was initially concerned b/c after I ordered it, I read a few ladies saying the fig and lavender were best for 4a/b hair. Someone even mentioned that it didn't work well for them. However, I am 4b and\had the same excellent results that everyone else had with fig/lavender and I was thrilled with the scent :lick:! HTH!

I used sweet almond mint and it is heavenly. I was initially concerned b/c after I ordered it, I read a few ladies saying the fig and lavender were best for 4a/b hair. Someone even mentioned that it didn't work well for them. However, I am 4b and\had the same excellent results that everyone else had with fig/lavender and I was thrilled with the scent :lick:! HTH!

Fig is my :babyg: I like the Lavender just fine so I am interested in the Sweet Almond Mint. Does anyone know if the Conditioner smells like the Texture Balm? I have the Sweet Almond Mint Texture Balm and it really doesn't have a scent to me.

Sounds wonderful! I was just saying on the Wen thread how I am trying to resist and now this post....awww man I am doomed!:wallbash:

Ordered a 6oz set that includes the Sweet Almond Mint, Cucumber Aloe and the Lavendar (I am almost out of the Lavender so this will be good).

I just Wen'd this morning before work with Lavender (hair drying now while I enjoy a cup of coffee) :) I used the Styling Creme and will put my hair up in my regular protective style.

Back