My Vitamin Combo!!!!!

songbyrd517

Did you know...

Vitamin E

Vitamin E increases oxygen uptake, which improves circulation to the scalp. It improves health and growth of hair. Since hair health is tied to the immune health, vitamin E is believed to stimulate hair growth by enhancing the immune function.
Dosage: Start with 400 IU daily and slowly increase to 800-1,000 IU daily.

TAKEN FROM: http://www.holistic-online.com/Remedies/Hair/hair_loss-nutrition.htm

I have been taking this, (currently 667 IU per day, but I'll be upping it now that I know I can) along with 9 mg of biotin, and my regular women's mulitvitamin, and I have begun to notice scalp tingling and itching action. I've been doing this for a week. I think it's working!

P.S. Vitamin E also repairs skin damage rather quickly when applied topically, so I have been rubbing it on my scalp with my pre-treat to repair any follicle damage caused by relaxers.

*HOPE THIS HELPS SOMEBODY!!!*

Watch that website. You may not want to take it as gospel. I noticed that it recommends taking 50mg of Vitamin B6 (pyridoxine) three times a day in addition to a B complex. From what I have read in several sources, that is WAY too much. In fact, levels over 50mg per day are not recommended because they can cause nerve damage. In fact, I read that in the UK, over counter supplements containing more than 50mg were banned in 1997.

A source for this that I happen to have on hand is the Food Bible, 1998 by Judith Wills.

Thanx Delightful! I will further research upping the dosage to be sure it's safe. As far as the claims on vitamin e, I know them to be true from further research and personal experience :weird:

Hey Songbird...I just wanted to say also, be careful about the vitamin E...there have been a few studies that have come out in the past couple of months that show daily doses over 200 IU per day can lead to some cardiovascular problems in the future :(

Hugs,
Crys

Back