My Stylist finally noticed growth! (pics inside)

misskris816

Today I went for my relaxer after 8 weeks. I wore my hair in a pony tail and after he took it out he kinda had a bewildered look on his face as he was running his fingers through my hair. I said, "What's that face for?" and he said, "Your hair looks like it's grown so much!" I've been at LHCF since October 2006 and he hasn't said anything until now. It felt great because I knew my efforts were finally paying off. After he finished flat ironing my hair he was watching me as I was walking around the shop. He looked amazed and said" I just can't believe how much your hair has grown!" I'm going to start re-applying my BT tomorrow since it's been a while since I last used it, I can't wait to see how it looks when I go back in June.

FYI: My stylist is a white guy who works only on ethnic hair and he does my hair better than any sista I've ever come across!

Here is pic of my hair when he last saw me

feb21.jpg

and the attached images are from today, 4/26.

Attachments

• 4.26 relaxer.jpg
    4.26 relaxer.jpg
    12.8 KB · Views: 196
  • 4.26 side 22.jpg
    4.26 side 22.jpg
    30.3 KB · Views: 167
  • side 4.24 (2).jpg
    side 4.24 (2).jpg
    30.7 KB · Views: 167
I think that it's not soley the length...the actually health of your hair looks better.

cmw45 said:
I think that it's not soley the length...the actually health of your hair looks better.

I think you're right too. Moisturizing my hair nightly has been very beneficial to improving the health of my hair. I've learned so much since I've been here.

misskris816 said:
I think you're right too. Moisturizing my hair nightly has been very beneficial to improving the health of my hair. I've learned so much since I've been here.

What moisturizer are you using...
You hair looks great!

KweenZ said:
What moisturizer are you using...
You hair looks great!

Thanks Kweenz! I use Pro-Line's Hair Food (it's old school and my grandma used to use it on me when I was little and I can't praise it enough) and Motions Salon Herbal Mango Butter Replenishing Creme Hairdressing.

Very pretty hair and pretty lipstick - DO TELL! Interesting situation. I love male stylists - strong hands and their shampoos feel so good when they are working it into my scalp.

My best stylists tend to be men (I do have this one sister who is BAD but I only let her trim my natural hair and that is it but her other patrons come out looking SHARP).

Good for you and the hair growth. Patience is definitely key.

misskris816 said:
Today I went for my relaxer after 8 weeks. I wore my hair in a pony tail and after he took it out he kinda had a bewildered look on his face as he was running his fingers through my hair. I said, "What's that face for?" and he said, "Your hair looks like it's grown so much!" I've been at LHCF since October 2006 and he hasn't said anything until now. It felt great because I knew my efforts were finally paying off. After he finished flat ironing my hair he was watching me as I was walking around the shop. He looked amazed and said" I just can't believe how much your hair has grown!" I'm going to start re-applying my BT tomorrow since it's been a while since I last used it, I can't wait to see how it looks when I go back in June.

FYI: My stylist is a white guy who works only on ethnic hair and he does my hair better than any sista I've ever come across!

Here is pic of my hair when he last saw me

feb21.jpg

and the attached images are from today, 4/26.

Yes, it's definitely not just the growth, it's beautiful, shiney and healthy looking. You guys are really making me consider this BT.

I REALLY like the close ups. Pretty.
A white guy, huh? Amazing. How healthy is the hair of his other clients?

hairmaster said:
How often do you shampoo regiment? How do you dry and style your hair after shampooing. your hair is Beautiful..

I shampoo and condition once a week. Afterwards, I blowdry my hair and use my curling iron to get it straight. I use Beyond the Zone heat protectant which really gets my hair shiny and soft.

I can't give up heat, it's my drug. Plus, my stylist said that if you use a good ceramic flat iron that you can use heat everyday. He almost spanked me for using Hot N Gold!:grin:

ashmack said:
Simply beautiful. What is your daily routine? Your hair looks very healthy. Please share :)

Hi there ashmack, I just posted my regimen in fotki if you want to take a look. It's really simple, I'm far too lazy to do a lot of variations:)

misskris816 said:
Hi there ashmack, I just posted my regimen in fotki if you want to take a look. It's really simple, I'm far too lazy to do a lot of variations:)

Now i know i should be studying for my finals, but I guess I will study your fotki now instead :lol: Thanks! So beautiful!

DivaRox said:
Your hair looks so glossy and smooth Krista. This stylist needs to visit M town! So it was the BT huh?

Thanks! He uses some CHI spray when he's finished. Sorry, I'm not sure the exact name. I have only used BT a few times, but I will start regularly using it now that I have my relaxer.

CurleeDST said:
Very pretty hair and pretty lipstick - DO TELL! Interesting situation. I love male stylists - strong hands and their shampoos feel so good when they are working it into my scalp.

My best stylists tend to be men (I do have this one sister who is BAD but I only let her trim my natural hair and that is it but her other patrons come out looking SHARP).

Good for you and the hair growth. Patience is definitely key.

I believe the lipstick in my siggy is Chocolate Cherry by Revlon. I usually mix them, but I'm pretty sure that one is worn by itself ;) .

YES! The strong hands are great, aren't they? Just today I was in Heaven while he was massaging my scalp, I almost passed out right there in the sink. Every other stylist I've been to scheduled me and three other women at the same time. It used to take me 3 hours to get a relaxer because other stylists would try to do multiple customers at a time. With him, I'm in and out in about 1 1/2 hours.

Back