My SouthernTease Signature Bun is a Southern Mess!!

AngelDoll

I attempted to get the elegant look, but I ended up with this. My natural hair was just too darn thick for this style :nono:.

Maybe I will attempt this bun again on flat ironed hair and achieve better results.

100_0273.jpg

omg, i am going to murder you for this post. no. no, your southerntease bun is big and beautiful and gorgeous and symmetrical and generally all things perfect. my southerntease bun wasn't even a bun but like 17 pieces of a twist out folded over with 10 more pieces sticking out in all directions like a pinwheel.

I think it looks really nice, but I often just throw my hair up willy nilly and pin it on my head anyway. I am lazy and normally just going to class or to (not) study somewhere anyway. No big deal, but I would be pickier if I were older or working, so I can understand a little.

Wow!! that is simply beautiful...did you notice...all of us think or should I say KNOW that is beautiful!!!!...not what I consider a mess at all......

Thank you ladies so much.

I was trying to fix this bun to wear to church this morning. I just thought that it was too big and I did not want to draw too much attention to myself.

What the heck are you talking about?!? Your bun is beautiful! Is that a flexi-8 clip holding it up? I want to try the this bun out too, but I'm natural too and those lil chop sticks she used just don't hold up all of my hair...

Thank you!! Yes, I used a flexi-8 clip, I couldn't get the chop sticks to hold my hair up either.

What the heck are you talking about?!? Your bun is beautiful! Is that a flexi-8 clip holding it up? I want to try the this bun out too, but I'm natural too and those lil chop sticks she used just don't hold up all of my hair...

I think it looks really good! I wish my hair was long enough to make a bun that big. Im still stuck with the phoney bun.

Thank you ladies so much.

I was trying to fix this bun to wear to church this morning. I just thought that it was too big and I did not want to draw too much attention to myself.
When you flip your hair up, don't push it down a lot. Instead, take the tips of your ends (which will stick up alot because you have long hair) and bend them down, then place the sides onto the ends and secure it. That will make your bun smaller. I think your ST bun looks beautiful as it is though :yep:

ETA: Your title had me crackin' up too :lol:

One of my favorite heads...I like it!! Then again I like big hair in general. I didn't think to try a flexi. Chopstick(s) don't hold mine either.

I really like the bun. Maybe try coiling your hair tighter if you want a smaller bun without flat ironing. But I like the big bun too.

what you complaining about?!? It looks absolutely lush and fabulous! I love it! and I am sure everyone at your church will love it too!

Back