My SouthernTease Signature Bun is a Southern Mess!!

One of my favorite heads...I like it!! Then again I like big hair in general. I didn't think to try a flexi. Chopstick(s) don't hold mine either.
Mine either.
When you flip your hair up, don't push it down a lot. Instead, take the tips of your ends (which will stick up alot because you have long hair) and bend them down, then place the sides onto the ends and secure it. That will make your bun smaller. I think your ST bun looks beautiful as it is though :yep:

ETA: Your title had me crackin' up too :lol:
See, you should do a youtube video. :poke: :poke: I need a visual lady!
Thank you!! Yes, I used a flexi-8 clip, I couldn't get the chop sticks to hold my hair up either.
Mine looked liked yours too. I thought it was to big and I used a flexi-8 clip also. I just gave up. :ohwell:

See, you should do a youtube video. :poke: :poke: I need a visual lady!
:lol: I thought about it, but I felt like I would be stepping on ST's toes and I didn't want to do that. Maybe I'll PM her...

ETA: I PMed her.

Last edited:
:lol: I thought about it, but I felt like I would be stepping on ST's toes and I didn't want to do that. Maybe I'll PM her...
I am really serious and I think you should. I am sure she doesnt mind; but I understand where you are coming from. I think a video that is not as short and with some detailed info will help out many! Either way, I need a visual lady with your updated info. :yep:

I am really serious and I think you should. I am sure she doesnt mind; but I understand where you are coming from. I think a video that is not as short and with some detailed info will help out many! Either way, I need a visual lady with your updated info. :yep:
She gave me the okay, so I'll do it. I'll video it today and have it uploaded by tomorrow night. :)

ETA: What would yall like me to address in the video?

She gave me the okay, so I'll do it. I'll video it today and have it uploaded by tomorrow night. :)

ETA: What would yall like me to address in the video?
I can't wait. Please add the tips you listed above. Also, if you can show how to make that chopstick work, that would be great. Thanks Hairapy!

I luv it! i would kill for a bun that big

I cheat and put a sock, donut, rolled up knee-hi's or a balled up silk scarf inside my bun before I pull the ends up to give me lots volume, kinda like putting on a diaper!!:lachen::lachen::lachen:

Cuz unlike the OP, I likes me some attention!!!!!

Last edited:
I just got home from church and I wore my AngelDoll Signature Bun (thanks SouthernTease and HAIRapy for inspiring me to try this style). Because of all of you ladies, I had enough courage to wear my hair in this style today. Guess what, I received several compliments on my hair and a lot of ladies had to touch it. They also wanted to know how I made the bun. I was more than happy to share with them.

Thank you ladies so much, I can always count on you all for encouragement and advice.

Many blessings!!!

I just got home from church and I wore my AngelDoll Signature Bun (thanks SouthernTease and HAIRapy for inspiring me to try this style). Because of all of you ladies, I had enough courage to wear my hair in this style today. Guess what, I received several compliments on my hair and a lot of ladies had to touch it. They also wanted to know how I made the bun. I was more than happy to share with them.

Thank you ladies so much, I can always count on you all for encouragement and advice.

Many blessings!!!
Go 'head girl! When you go to church next week, 'erbody gonna be wearing the AngelDoll bun watch! :yep: You hair is truly beautiful :yep:

What?! You know, I came into this thread looking for a "Mess" but all I see is one big, beautiful bun...I love it! Girl, you have a lot of gorgeous hair.

AngelDoll...This bun is beautiful!!! ITA, it shows off your texture, and is big and gorgeous.

Angeldoll, I feel you on what it feels like to try something new on your hair and your not used to it or unsure of it and others dont feel the same way

I learned to only do what I feel comfortable with and not even ask LOL

I'm glad it grew on you and you ended up happy with it. :yep:

I like neat/tighter feeling buns so I can feel you on that , it would be stepping outside my 'what I'm used to boundaries' to wear a bun like this. But I do agree it really is pretty

Back