My Progress or Lack of...(PICS)

MaryJane3000

So I hit a mini depression this morning while doing my hair. Like seriously, when will I have a thick head full of healthy hair free of thin ends. I dont even need my hair to be that long, Thick APL, would make me the happiest girl in the world.

I feel like I'm the only person in the world trying to recover from breakage and just my luck it happened in the slow growing sections, so even tho I gave it a nice blunt cut in June once my hair grew past my neck it got thin again. I do strand tests and I've been babying my hair and i knows it healthier then its ever been, i just wish it would all even up so i can see if I need to cut or not.

I know I've said before I'd post pics but then I'd see someone elses head of GORGEOUS hair and I'd feel too embarassed, but now i've bucked up and here it goes ladies..my hair 3 months after joining LHCF.

The first picture is a few weeks after I cut my hair to the damage and the second is the rollerset that happened afterwards the third and fourth pic are the ones i took this morning when my hair was soaking wet, im doing a rollerset now so ill update with those pics when im done.

FYI, I have damage at the crown, the front left side(my left), and the nape on my left.

Attachments

• DSCN0681.jpg
    DSCN0681.jpg
    89.1 KB · Views: 162
  • DSCN0685.jpg
    DSCN0685.jpg
    100.3 KB · Views: 148
  • DSCN1045.jpg
    DSCN1045.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 139
  • DSCN1037.jpg
    DSCN1037.jpg
    102.6 KB · Views: 159
Last edited:
HI JMJ

I dont see any pics in your post but from your avi it seems you have very nice blunt ends which are past NL.

HI! :violin:Don't feel down, everything comes with time!!!! Are you incorporating protective styles into your reggie????? If not this may be the case. You need to show your ends come TLC.

BUT!!!!

From your pic I don't see any thin ENDS!!!!!

So I hit a mini depression this morning while doing my hair. Like seriously, when will I have a thick head full of healthy hair free of thin ends. I dont even need my hair to be that long, Thick APL, would make me the happiest girl in the world.
I feel like I'm the only person in the world trying to recover from breakage and just my luck it happened in the slow growing sections, so even tho I gave it a nice blunt cut in June once my hair grew past my neck it got thin again

How do you style your hair?

What do you wrap your hair with at night?

Do you DC on the regular?

What kind of moisturizer are you using?

Do you do Protein treatments?

Could it be you have naturally thin hair? As your hair gets longer sometimes it looks thinner.

Sorry about that ladies, i reposted with pics, my comp went dumb on me and posted it too early...but to answer your questions

My ends dont look thin there and I was hoping it would stay that way but as my hair grew longer, my right side stayed fine and my left just turned ugly, you can see the difference when my hair is wet. I dont have any new breakage I've been watching my hair like a hawk. it just that all my damage is on left in the slower growing areas so its just not filling in like I would like. My hair is already in 3 layers, so i dont expect the lower portion to look so full once it grows in my still.

I wear rollersets, and when those start to drop I'll use a banana clip to pull the hair up. I dont do buns as much anymore because i feel it causes too much tension on my ends.

I wash and deep condition my hair every week and I do joico k pak(GVP BRAND) just about every week, although i didnt do it last week because my hair needed more moisture at that time.

I do ayurveda, so i don't use shampoo anymore and if i do I use a very diluted CON. But normally I use the shakakai powder and mix that with water and put in on my scalp and some on my hair and I overnight with amla oil before I wash the next day.

Ive got the hang of rollersets and experience a lot less breakage. And I have redken extreme antisnap as a leave in and I use silk amino acids. i also use keracare essential oils but now I'm starting to use castor oil. I'm use Nuetrogena LTR as a moisturizer although I do slack on that. I've stopped wrapping my hair and I think Im going to stop brushing it too. I use wide tooth combs and I only use a medium/fine toothed comb to comb out my hair during rollersets.

Hey there!
It's only been 3 months; give your reggie time to do its magic. Just make sure you're doing plenty of deep conditioning and protective styling. Do you have protein in your regimen?

Also, how many weeks post are you? Once I hit 8 to 10 weeks, my ends look thin when wet compared to the mass of new growth near my scalp. But looks can be deceiving.!

Keep up your good work, I can see the length coming; the thickness will come as well, just give it time and plenty of TLC!

I think I'm about 4 weeks post, I think I'm going to start half-wigging so I can put even less stress on my hair. I just dont understand the concept of a half wig, but I'll just youtube and lhcf it and see what happens. But thanks Barbie, and I'm still waiting on your tutorials for your faux high pony twist out! lol

Try to compare dry shots to dry shots. Hair usually looks thinner when when wet. Your hair looks dry in your first pic so I would shot another pic with your hair dry and then compare.

Ok...I think you may be going blind or your too hard on urself. You Definately have progressed in growth. Then you compare your dry hair pics with the wet hair pic, wet hair most of the time, looks thinner. Stop kicking ur hair around and look at the progress in growth you've made. I think you doing great!!! Two thumbs up.

As hair grows, the ends are going to look thin because some strands grow faster than others. As the other strands catch up, it'll look much fuller. Your hair looks nice. Just keep doing what you're doing.

Thanks ladies, I think i am going crazy Im just so impatient and want to see my damaged areas catch up by like two days ago. Thanks for the kind words, I really do appreciate it. And on another slightly tad bit sappy note, i just have to say that it always warms my heart (on the low) that I can talk to other black women and find kind words and so many different forms of support. We have these stereotypes and expectations that we are all just *****es towards each other full of jealously and what not but this board is a perfect example of how that isnt true. Yall have answered some of my dumbest questions without attitude or frustration and I really do appreciate that. So thanks again ladies!

you are making great progress. post the dry pics, your 'transgressions' may be anothers inspiration. looks good to me. post more, post more!!!

I think I'm about 4 weeks post, I think I'm going to start half-wigging so I can put even less stress on my hair. I just dont understand the concept of a half wig, but I'll just youtube and lhcf it and see what happens. But thanks Barbie, and I'm still waiting on your tutorials for your faux high pony twist out! lol

If you wear a half wig make sure to take the combs out of the wig. Those combs in the wig WILL cause stress and will give you even more breakage.

Thanks ladies, I think i am going crazy Im just so impatient and want to see my damaged areas catch up by like two days ago. Thanks for the kind words, I really do appreciate it. And on another slightly tad bit sappy note, i just have to say that it always warms my heart (on the low) that I can talk to other black women and find kind words and so many different forms of support. We have these stereotypes and expectations that we are all just *****es towards each other full of jealously and what not but this board is a perfect example of how that isnt true. Yall have answered some of my dumbest questions without attitude or frustration and I really do appreciate that. So thanks again ladies!

This board is very supportive. :yep:

I totally understand what you're going through. I just had to cut my hair to my nape because the ends were HORRIBLE. I would look at my hair in the mirror and want to cry:nono: People kept asking me what happened to my hair.:nono:

Anyway, I dont think your hair looks bad. Unfortunately hair growth takes times and LOTS of patience. Just be patient. I'm sure you'll get to your goals.

Half wigs are a great start...I think you should also consider wearing your hair in cornrows underneath and keep them in for 4wks. I wear sew-ins and keep mine in for 2months. Now, that isn't for everyone but if you want to see BIG results, that forces you to stay out your head and just let it grow!

Also, realize many ladies on this forum have this hair thing down to a science. They've been at this hair growth thing for years. Time & patience...you will get results. Hang in there!

You've only really started your journey (if I understand you correctly). So it's going to take time to correct the damage; health first, then length. I've allowed a whole year to allow my hair to heal over all the abuse I've given it over the years. So bear this in mind when you feel pangs of unhappiness over your own progress. Try not to compare yourself to others we’re all individuals but some will have quicker progression than you will.

Try and enjoy your hair and your journey! :)

Back