My Plea To Natural Hair Gangsters

*Sigh* I haven't commented on a Gabby hair thread but I have to agree with a previous poster. It's more than a little suspicious that once the underdog starting winning all of a sudden the media "discovered" people tweeting about her hair.

Damn like how many people on twitter even dogged her hair? Its like its totally being blown out of proportion. I think some people focus to much on the negativity of others, give it too much power.

Amen sistah!!!

I was so angry and embarrased about the ignorant comments that grown black women made about that baby girl, who by the way accomplished more than most of us will ever in our lifetime! We are our own worst enemy.. Smdh!!! The saving grace is Gabbys eloquent, mature and graceful way of handling the sad commentary on her hair.

lesidi,

I agree that hair blogs are definetly a place to discuss hair, in all of its shapes forms textures and glory... Gabby though is not Beyonce or Jennifer Hudson. She is a child. Not an adult and I doubt her family had the money to spend to give her the polished hairstyles that wealthy celebrities have. The women that were talking about this child's hair were not just critiquing her hair, they were attacking her like she was a grown woman that should have known better. BTW, Jennifer Hudson did not look the way it does now, and neither did her body when when we first saw her on American Idol. A little money and fame go a long way and Gabby will just get prettier than she already is as the endorsements flow in.

y'all started mentioning weaves. i thought "do we even know she wears a weave" so i googled some pics. i know im not a pro at checking for weave, but i had to look REALLY hard to see it. then i kept looking at pics of her and i saddened me that people cannot appreciate all her accomplishments and her beauty. she is such a cutie! i can't wait to see her on the wheaties box!

Folks have to remember too that Gabby, regardless of her phenomenal athleticism, is A CHILD. She's what? 16 going on 17? The snakes who publicly humiliate a child and on something so trivial as hair are really disgusting. They're like vipers. Seriously. Give it a rest.

Interesting article. It made no sense to me. I don't think that the people making fun of this child are a bunch of natural gangstas. I think everyone noticed the gelled back hair that didn't look too appealing and they started crackin on her. The ones that went on twitter to tweet about this child's hair are just a bunch of dummies that have nothing better to do with their lives.

Twitter is the devil

I think the author needs to sit down. There are way more relaxed ladies making fun of the natural haired ladies and their choices than vice versa.

Back