My One Year Progress...

I just have to say this to y'all! That it feels totally weird to be on the receiving end of all these nice comments and compliments because I am the one that coveted all of y'alls hair!!

I must give honor to our Heavenly Father because without him this would not be possible. I prayed for hair and He gave it!

Thank y'all so much for the cheers and support.:cloud9::love5:

:runninghug::sneakyhug::snuggle::theteam:

Last edited:
When I tell y'all that all I use is:

Curl Activator
Blue Magic Grease (the original)
Hollywood Beauty Cholesterol...

Please believe me LOL. Here is my stash and there are more in other spaces in my closet!

These are my ride or die staples and always will be.

Attachments

• 20180404_180653.jpg
    20180404_180653.jpg
    354.4 KB · Views: 224
  • 20180404_174231.jpg
    20180404_174231.jpg
    253.6 KB · Views: 208
  • 20180404_174210.jpg
    20180404_174210.jpg
    290.9 KB · Views: 208
^drools^ your hair is beautiful and I am sooooooooooooo glad you started this thread. Feel free to show us more styles, texture shots, in between styling photos, whatever, please!

Also I think I need to get on the curl activator band wagon. Do you notice any change in your hair’s response to the curl activator during colder weather?

^drools^ your hair is beautiful and I am sooooooooooooo glad you started this thread. Feel free to show us more styles, texture shots, in between styling photos, whatever, please!

Also I think I need to get on the curl activator band wagon. Do you notice any change in your hair’s response to the curl activator during colder weather?
Thank you so much. I will try to post some styles, but to tell the truth my styles are never neat lol that's just my way...messy.

I use activator (aka Jheri Curl Juice) all year round no matter the weather, it is my absolute staple of all time. All activators are good, S Curl, Hawaiian Silky, Rite on etc. "Just let your soul Glo babe feelin Oh so silky smooth" LOL!! The song is thue though.

You having nothing to lose, but a few dollars if you want to try it. Its very affordable.

When I tell y'all that all I use is:

Curl Activator
Blue Magic Grease (the original)
Hollywood Beauty Cholesterol...

Please believe me LOL. Here is my stash and there are more in other spaces in my closet!

These are my ride or die staples and always will be.

You are making sure you don’t run out even if the companies go out of business. Imma stock up on some items :).

You are making sure you don’t run out even if the companies go out of business. Imma stock up on some items :).
That was precisely my plan! I am glad that all these products can be bought anywhere. I am too attached to them because they work so well. If they go out of business I'll have more than a years worth to hold me until I figure my next move.

I would most likely simply use another activator (There are plenty out there) another grease (plenty of those too) and another cholesterol (so many cholesterols on the market as well). All can easily be replaced!

Not to mention how inexpensive they all are.

giphy.gif

I'm drooling over here over your progress. The Lord truly restored what you lost and more. You were inspired and now you're our inspiration. Congrats!

giphy.gif

I'm drooling over here over your progress. The Lord truly restored what you lost and more. You were inspired and now you're our inspiration. Congrats!
Thank you!

Yes He did!! Today (April 5th) makes me 34 months post relaxer two more months to go until my 3 year mark.

On 6/5/15 my hair was patchy, bald in three spots (from breakage), dry, uneven, see through, highly over processed, dry, weirdly colored brown due to relaxer and thin! And it was heat damaged due to me being addicted to using a flat iron! If you could have seen it!

In 6/5/15 I said "Im done with relaxers" (after I had just relaxed). And I prayed and prayed and Believed! From then on I just knew I'd have all my hair back and I Have more hair NOW than I had my whole life!

Aww. You'll feel the opposite if you knew its origin.

If you are curious, do a quick google search for The Handmaid's Tale Ofglen
Thank you I will look it up! I don't realize that she's wearing a mask until I click your avatar for a bigger image. Far away it looks like a thin grin of a woman with no teeth.

Aww. You'll feel the opposite if you knew its origin.

If you are curious, do a quick google search for The Handmaid's Tale Ofglen
Oh gosh! I looked it up and It's pretty deep. You're right...I feel different about the image and will never look at it the same:look:. I actually am a little tempted to buy the book.

Eta: just purchased the book.

Last edited:
Which cholesterol do you like best and why?
I like them all the same actually (from Hollywood Beauty). Queen Helen is good too, but HB is my favorite. Back in the day LustraSilk (discontinued) was my staple it was excellent. HB moisturizes and penetrates well. It makes my hair easy to separate when I rinse it out. Also I add a spoon of melted Shea butter to it which gives it more slip and softness.

I guess it looks alright. My hair is never neat. If it looks bad you can say so. I don't get hurt feelings easy.
I also want to add that Its been 5 days since I moisturized my hair, the shine (if you see shine) is from sealing with grease.

Attachments

• 20180405_210723.jpg
    20180405_210723.jpg
    331.3 KB · Views: 174
  • 20180405_210630.jpg
    20180405_210630.jpg
    301.6 KB · Views: 172
Last edited:
Back