My One Year Progress Pics- Come See

SelfStyled

Welp..... I've completed the 1st year of my Healthy Hair Journey and just wanted to share my pictures with every one.

Last March I had to cut my hair due to a corrective relaxer gone wrong at the salon....my ends just kept on breaking- so I cut it into a short bob

March 08
March.jpg

March 09
Update3.jpg

update1.jpg

update2.jpg

I am extremely hair lazy, I don't style my hair a lot, but I make sure I wash a couple of times a week, I also DC once a week.

Here is my regimen:

Co washing every 2-3 days, with Hair One or Victoria's So Sexy Conditioner for dry and damaged hair or whatever I am feeling at the moment.

I use poo weekly Trader Joe's Nourish Spa or Cream of Nature( red label or green label)

On alternate weeks I shampoo with ORS Aloe shampoo. I clarify monthly with Nexus Aloe Rid.

DC once a week with heat, usually Silicon Mix or Aubrey's HSR.

After the Cowash, I apply Ovation Cell Therapy on my scalp only, put on leave in, usually the Sunsilk Captivating Curls(green bottle) or Hair One -Jojoba. I then seal in the moisture with Sabino Moisture Block, put on a silk scarf, and get under my bonnet dryer for 30 min on low.

At this point my hair is a little damp still- but I am good to go.

I moisturize 1-2 times daily with Abba Kukui Nut body cream, and seal with oil at least once daily. I seal with Olive Oil or Carrott Oil.

I always tie my hair up with a silk scarf at night for bed.

I don't brush and mostly finger comb. I will do a good detangle with a shower comb like twice a week.

Protein treatments are light, usually I will use Aphogee 2 min reconstructor once a month

Growth aides: OCT or Donna Marie Godess Growth Remedy oil

Take a Hair/Skin/Nails Vitamin
Take a prescribed DHT blocker.
Touch up at 8-10 weeks.

I bun every day, and use my main clip or a half wig for a protective style.

Happy anniversary!!! :yay: Great progress! Keep up the good work!

I loooove VS So Sexy conditioner :lick:

Back