My New Venture! You DONT want to miss it! (pic heavy)

Ediese

So...you guys know that I've called it quits on wearing sew-in weaves. (might make some clip-ins in the future, but that’s as far as I’ll go) After my experience with BKT, I got some hair installed, and neglected my real hair. I didn’t moisturize as much as I should have even though I knew that the lightening of my hair would require me to do so.

Anyway, I also experienced a bout of massive shedding. Seeing the condition that my hair was in, I decided to chill with my weaves since I had already reached my WL goal (yep, my bottom layer is WL J) I’ve been able to get my shedding under control by doing weekly tea rinses. My hair is the most moisturized and soft it’s ever been, since I’ve been spraying my moisturizer twice a day, and now seal with Crisco. Lol

I’ve decided to start wigging it. I’m going to have 3 wigs made (kinky curly, kinky straight/relaxed texture, and brazilian curly). I think this will give me more control over taking care of my real hair, while giving me the flexibility to switch my styles.

Since I wasn't 100% sure which hair to use, I made a few..um..purchases. lol I might to decide to sell the ones that I don't plan on using. I'm going to share everything in this thread; a review of the hair that I bought, along with pics of the hair and the wig that will be made.

Please stay tuned and keep checking this thread because I'll be updating it as soon as I receive the products.

First up is the first hair I bought for my straight wig.

Disclaimer: I am not affilitated with any of these companies in any way. I am only sharing my experience with all of you. Please research thoroughly before placing any order, and I ask that you do so at your own risk. I will be honest with every review, but each individual may have different experiences. Please keep this in mind.

Tutorial

U shaped Wig a la Island Beauty - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aT2Rh2_uwSk&feature=related

Tutorial part 1

Tutorial part 2

Installing wig

So, I decided to sell the kinky straight, and 4oz of the malaysian curly. My vendor has completed my kinky curly, and will complete the extensions plus straight wig tomorrow.

I'm IN LOVE with the kinky curly! Check out a sneak peak below. :grin:

Last edited:
Kinky Straight - Sold this one

Vendor: Emily Wigs
Email: [email protected]

I ordered 6oz of virgin chinese processed to kinky straight in 18" and 20" in 1b.

The hair is gorgeous, and really soft. I think I got a little carried away with length though. There's no way I'd wear it that long. The 20" is down to my butt, and I'm 5'9 (my torso must really be short).

I'm in a bit of a quandary. For the straight unit, I've been told that this hair won't be enough (FYI..the longer the hair, the shorter the wefts). I'm not willing to place another order for one more bundle, and pay the same $$ for shipping. As much as I like the hair, I might be listing it for sale. Idk still working through my options.

PROS: this hair is absolutely gorgeous, and soft. It's also not very expensive.
CONS: it's not as coarse as I would like, and it sheds just a little so the wefts woud need to be sealed.

Here are the pics. (bend is from the packaging. can be easily flat ironed)

Last edited:
Extensions Plus Relaxed Texture

I was planning to purchase EPRT in 14" in 1b, 16" in 2/6, and 18" in 1b/4a. Unfortunately, when I went online to order, they didn't have the colors in the length that I wanted. Instead, I purchased 14" in 1b, 18" in 2/6, and 20" in 1b/4a. I think I'm going to have to cut the 18" and 20", so the layer won't look crazy since there is a 4" difference between the 14".

Anyway, I LOVE the 1b/4a. It's a really pretty blend. I'm not too fond of the 2/6. The highlights look really chunky. It looks as if the two is on one side of the weft, and the 6 is on the other. The 1b/4a has the color blended throughout, and it's really subtle. One thing that I've noticed thought about the 1b/4a is that it's much softer and almost a little silky.

Here are the pics. When I get my wig made, I'll post the "install' pics.

1b/4a

1b - yea I know you guys know what this color looks like lol

2/6
Ugh - hate the chunky color

This is one side

Here's the other side

Both bundles together

(Yes, it’s pic heavy, but ya’ll know this is how I do it. No complaining!)
Wig Vendor: I used Elite Custom Tresses to make my wigs.  Yes, it’s MissBossy’s company. Contact her [email protected] if you have any questions.
Specs: Extensions Plus Relaxed Texture, 1b, 1b/4a. 6oz of 14”, 16”, and 20”.

I know some of you have been waiting for these pics. Sorry for the long wait. The kinky curly wig was made first, and I asked her to wait to ship both of them together. Some of you know that I initially purchased the 2/6 to add to this. I was really worried that it wouldn’t blend that well with the 1b/4a. MissBossy was really great, and she placed the hair on the wig for me to see the way it would blend before she started sewing it. When I first saw it, I didn’t like the color. The #6 in the 2/6 was way too bright and chunky. She tried to change it, but I still didn’t like it. I decided to purchase another bundle, so I got 2oz in 1b. I got express shipping, and sent it to her as soon as I got it.

She had other wigs to make, but she still worked me in her schedule as soon as she received the new bundle. Throughout this process, she has been very patient with me and my million questions. Lol I really appreciated the fact that she took pictures of the wigs throughout the process to get my approval before proceeding.

When I first ripped through the box and opened up my package, I fell in love with both wigs. I sent her my lacefront measurements for her to get the measurement for both wigs. They felt a little snug when I first tried them on, and I voiced this concern to MissBossy. She offered to make adjustments if I needed it. Funny this is that when I tried on my wigs today, they fit great! I think the problem was the way my hair was braided. The braids are smaller now, and I sewed down the braids in the back.

I paid a deposit of half the cost upfront, and I paid the balance after I approved both wigs. Once she had my hair, it took between 2-4 days to complete the wigs. I’m sure this depends though, so you’d need to contact her for the timeline. I did have her sew in 6 wig combs in both wigs. I have 2 in the front, 2 in the nape, and 2 by my ear.

Okay, so I decided to BKT my leave out to help with reversion when I wear my hair straight. Some of the pics with the wig on are the second day of my BKT. The treatment is still in my hair. I’m not washing until Wednesday, so I’ll have pics of the kinky wig installed then.

Just clarifying my hair

Blowdrying/Flatironing the Marcia Teixeira Advanced treatment

This is how it looked when I just plopped it on my head. It hasn’t been trimmed or flat-ironed yet.

I’m trying to show the blending. This is before I flat ironed the wig.

After I got it layered and flat ironed. You can see the highlights. I love it. It’s a 1b/4a blend.

Braid pattern – braided it straight back in underhand cornrows. I left a small bit around the perimeter, and about 3’ at the top. Yes, I know it’s really messy.

Last edited:
Malaysian Remy Kinky Curly

Vendor: (send me a pm)

I ordered 8oz of 22" and 24" in 1b/2. I am IN LOVE with this hair so far!!! Ya'll know that I'm the queen of kinky curly weaves. I'm always on the search for the next best thing, and so far Halleys Curls Creole Curly was on the top of my list. That was, of course, until I bought this gorgeous hair! When I placed my order, I received the hair within 2 days, and that was with priority shipping!

The 24" is perfect 4a curls. The 22" is just a tad bit looser. The curls are yummy, AND *fingers crossed* I don't think I'll have a lot of issues with tangling just based on how it's behaving. We'll see. I'll update this after the wig is made, and I've worn it for a few weeks. For now, I'll give this hair a tentative A+.

NOTE: I didn't display the contact info because this company offers reward points for referrals. If you're interested in purchasing, please send me a pm with your email address. Once I submit your email address to their site, you'll have to register to their site with the same email address you sent me. If you purchase any product, I'll receive reward points and you'll receive money off your order! It's a win win for the both of us!!! :-) (Yes, sorry I know it sounds kinda selfish but I really want my points! Lol)

24"

22" is a little looser

Here is a sneak peak of the kinky curly wig.

UPDATE

Slightly damp.

Dry

Wet bun

Last edited:
Kinky Curly - sold this one

Vendor: (not positive who the original vendor is but I can find out for those interested)

I purchased this hair from the lady that's making my wig. I sent her pics of what I was looking for (it was actually a pic of Terri's hair from tightcurly.com) She submitted an order directly to her vendor.

Here are some pics she shared with me today. I haven't received the hair yet. It has been washed and conditioned though. It's about 90% dry in the pics. I'll add to this review when I receive the hair.

Last edited:
Congrats on reaching W/L! Wow...one day I'll be there too :)

How do you make a wig? You don't like any that are already made?

I got my seat right here!!!

*waiting* :yep:

Congrats on reaching W/L. Wow...one day I'll be there too :)

How do you make a wig? You don't like any that are already made?

Check out this youtube video. It gives you step by step instructions. I'm too lazy to make my own, so I have someone making it for me.

As for getting a wig that's already made, I dont' have anything against it. The route that I chose allows me to select quality hair. Also, the wig will be made based on my head size, so it can fit my head exactly. It's a Ushaped wig, so a small amount of my hair will be left out at the top (kinda similar to a weave).

Alright!!! We're waiting!

Dang, ya'll are fast!! lol

Last edited:
You must have been reading my mind! I am currently wearing Bohyme Brazilian wave, which I love! I don't understand why people complain of shedding(I didn't seal either) and difficulty maintaining, I have had no issues and maintaining has been a breeze. I was thinking that since I'm exercising more a wig would be a better choice because I would be able to wash my hair more often and not have to worry about the braids in the weave taking forever to dry. Okay back to the plan Ediese, I will be anxiously awaiting your updates!!

Straight chillin'

chilling.jpg

Can't wait to see Ediese. Who is going to make it for you? I made a nice Kinky Straight half wig last year, but I am sooooo lazy to make one again. I want a half wig with some nice hair. Either that or I am gonna make some Kinky Straight clip ins.

Suscribing!!!! I wanted to use island beautys method for straight hair....im tired of committing to weaves... I wanna switch it up like her lol

Cant wait to see how this all turns out!

I agree that you have greater access to your hair with a wig. I can't even see your pictures here at work but I'm excited for you so I'm gonna subscribe to keep up with your progress. I normally wear a protective style in the winter and I was gonna use crochet braids and wigs so making my own u-shaped wig might be a good option for me. Thanks

Can't wait to see Ediese. Who is going to make it for you? I made a nice Kinky Straight half wig last year, but I am sooooo lazy to make one again. I want a half wig with some nice hair. Either that or I am gonna make some Kinky Straight clip ins.

I have someone over at BHM making it for me. Her skills are off the chain! Send me a pm if you want her contact info.

You must have been reading my mind! I am currently wearing Bohyme Brazilian wave, which I love! I don't understand why people complain of shedding(I didn't seal either) and difficulty maintaining, I have had no issues and maintaining has been a breeze. I was thinking that since I'm exercising more a wig would be a better choice because I would be able to wash my hair more often and not have to worry about the braids in the weave taking forever to dry. Okay back to the plan Ediese, I will be anxiously awaiting your updates!!
My BoBraz tangled within 4 weeks despite the daily cowashing and detangling, so I had to remove it. The shedding was moderate (I sealed with Dritz) as well. I don't think I'll be using it again.

Ediese, that Malaysian KC is beautiful. If I do the sew-in thing again (my boyfriend loved the way my BoBraz looked, but haaaaated the fact that I had a weave) I think I will be ordering from a PV.

TheIslandBeauty had me soooo tempted with that wig video! She is gorgeous, and that is an ingenious PS!

I can't wait to here how the hair holds up. Making a wig is a great idea because you can take it off easily unlike a sew in. I love this idea. I've made my own u-shaped wig before but the hair I used wasn't the best quality. I think I will try this again may e with some of the hair weaves that you have chosen. I can't wait to see how your wigs turn out in the long run.

I will be coming out of my weave in a few weeks and turning to wigs for the next 5 months so subbing and waiting!!! :)

Back