My Last Pity Party-For Good

Damn, everything that can be said has been said in this thread. Just wanted to send you some good vibes, and let you know that with you taking care of your hair, I know it will grow back longer and healthier than ever!!! :hug2:

What I hate about stylists, when you have long hair, their the first to try to hack it all off and tell you that your ends need clipping, when in fact, rather than dusting, they hack 2-3 inches off. But then their the first to damage your hair by overprocessing, frying it, and just overall improper care. So who are you to tell me that my ends need to be cut by 100" inches when you're frying others to the side.

My heart hurts for you. She cut a good six inches :nono: What kind of trim requires inches of hair being taken off. Anky, I'm sorry this happened to you. Your hair is still beautiful and soon it'll be back to where you want it to be.

I'm so so sorry. :( :( :( I hate when "stylists" (I use that term very loosely) take it upon themselves to decide what would be best for our hair. I really hope you didn't pay her!!!!!

And please be assured that APL is ABSOLUTELY NO WHERE NEAR BALD. I'm sure it's shorter than what you're used to, but it's by no means bald. I hope you're still able to appreciate what you do have. :) Your hair is SO SO pretty!

:huggle: It's gonna grow back stronger and better than ever!!

Last edited:
She was a hater.

I had a stylist like that and I stop going to her immediately. She stalked me for a bit. Calling me before work and sending me info about where she would be as if. I was a good tipper and she blew it. Now I know why one of the girls thought she was an okay beautician. She talks too much and desperate to get married. I was getting married and I think that's why she cut my hair acting liked she trimmed it. My hair grew a lot from using gpb and giovanni silk and she cut it all off. When I went to my beautician my mom was shocked.

Grow it back because that's what they want. They don't want you to have hair and only get a touch up. Don't let them cut your hair.

Thats the kind of stuff you want to cut people for. :gotroasted:

But honestly anky count your bless because it could have be worse. Your hair is still a beautiful crown and glory and it will grow back before you know it. Dont dwell on it, learn and move on. I know its easier said than done but I have been exactly where you are now. It will grow back, just put your braids in and keep on get back on the journey. :kiss:

This really sickens my stomach, I have to pray everytime we relocate for a great stylist. I have been bless with some good ones, that understand that I am not into chopping at this time. I am working strength, length and health. I need to learn how to self relax.

But on another note, you will be bless again and grow beautiful long, strong hair again.:rosebud::kisses::gorgeous:

Anky, I'm so sorry this happened to you. This is the main reason I stopped going to salons. I hope you didn't pay for this because I wouldn't have given her a dime. Honey, you should have stood up for yourself and not let her get anywhere near your hair with scissors or that blowdryer. Not including cornrows, the last time I got my hair done in a salon (over a year ago), my stylist want to whack a few inches off of my hair. I simply told her "no ma'am, I do not need nor do I want a trim. Please do not trim my hair or use a blow dryer. If you absolutely have to use a blowdryer, please make sure you use a heat protectant." She got upset with me, but I bet she didn't go near my darn hair with scissors either. On top of that, she damn near ripped my hair out with a fine-tooth/rattail comb trying to do a rollerset :pullhair: That's the last time I got anything done to my hair in a salon (other than cornrows).

On another note, cheer up babygirl, you'll be back to your desired length in no time:yep: Just keep doing what you were doing to get to that length in the first place. We're all here to support you:bighug:

I'm shocked! Well not really because this happened to me in Dec. The one thing I learned from that is to NEVER let a stylist that I'm not familiar with bring scissors toward my head. If they are new to me the first thing I say is NO scissors please! I know how you feel girl and I feel your pain. This brings back memories. This sound like the witch that cut my hair. I know it's been said, but it is still pretty at APL. I'm so sorry.

So sorry Anky. I would have hopped outta that chair, cursed her out and bounced without leaving her a penny. I don't let anyone trim/cut my hair but myself and my mom. You already know what works so you will be back to mid back in no time.

:bighug: I am so sorry this happen to you, do you know where this chick lives? cause I will ride shotgun with a shotgun :lachen:I know that you are upset now but I just wanted to send big hug

Hey Anky,

I'm really sorry this happened. Remember what you told me when the stylist cut my hair off. It'll grow back in no time, and don't worry too much about it. I think it's still beautiful!

I'm sorry Anky, she was soooo wrong for that :sad: I dont let no one come near me with scissors anymore, I dont even like them to sit at the station. :nono: But your hair will grow back just as nice and full as it was before.

WOW!!! is all I can say. I was expecting a little chop-chop, but yes she really went there!

Just as everyone has told you, at least you know exacty what to do to get it back to where you want to. This won't be trial and error for you b/c you've been there and know what it takes to get back there. The good thing is that it will happen in no time.

I agree that the braids or either wearing it curly will give you an opportunity to NOT focus on the length.

:bighug:

Your hair is still beautiful!:yep:

I don't understand why hair sytlist pull this crap! I think they get jealous with the idea that we (BLACK WOMEN) can take better care of our hair without them.:wallbash: I bet this chick thought that you would now become a "regular" so that she could "nurse" back your orginal length and then she can take the credit.:nono:

Keep doing what you've been doing, and your hair will thrive!

I'm sorry this happened to you. Some of these stylist need their @*#%$ whooped. But if you did it before you can do it again. And I wish my hair was apl but I understand why you are up set. And I want you to know that you are an inspiration to me. Stay strong.

Oh my goodness Anky, I am sooo sorry this happened to you...and that b*&^% needs to be straight :hardslap: Where is she from that cutting 6+ inches is a trim?? This don't make no :censored: damned sense...I'm mad for you!

Braid it/weave it/wig it...whatever you can do so you don't have to look at it for a little while:ohwell:

Do you feel this warrants reporting this trick to your state cosmetology board? You have a gang of photographic evidence.

Coming for where you came from, APL is bald...I feel you. The stylists was a hater and deserves to be reported to the Cosmotology Board. Clearly, she lost her damn mind!

Please don't ever let ANYONE, whip out scissors on your hair again...a "lesson" learned. Best pay back...longer, stronger and healthier hair. Do you boo.

Hi Anky,

I just looked at your Fotki the before and after pic. I did not see any damage whatsoever, and she had no right to chop off all your progress. :nono: I guess black women aren't allowed to have long hair if it was up to stylist :sad:

Wow Anky! I feel for you. And girl youare not bald! Some of us are struggling to get to where you were hacked too!:grin:

Was your hair blunt b4 she cut it? The same thing happened to me when I went to someone else. She cut me from APL to SL b/c my hair was V shaped. I told my stylist about it and she said it was b/c some stylists don't like styling the V. They think hair looks better or is easier to style when it's blunt cut.

There is no excuse for it, but at least it gives me an excuse to think she wasn't just hating on the length...mine or yours.

Hi Anky! Girl,....you scurred me when I read you were bald!! I have always loved your hair. I thought I was gonna see a pic with your hair looking like mine or sumpin. lolololol
I know your hurt and I know dayum well I would be too. It takes time and work to get hair to BSL. It just ain't right...man. I was just considering trying to find a stylist instead of being a DIY'er but now....NOPE!
Take care sweetie. I can't wait to see it in a month. {cheering} YOU CAN DO IT!!

Back