My horrifying story, Im lucky to have hair!!!

brownsugar25

:blush::blush:This is my story:
I have thoroughly abused my hair! I woke up one day over the summer and decided to go BLONDE! (dont ask) I called my hairdresser, she was booked up. I wanted it done before a reunion, which was 1 week away.
So I took it upon myself (huge mistake). I went to Sallys and asked if It was even possible....the answer..yes, but it would take a few processes.
I purchased the recommended supplies(developer and lightener plus DC) After the first application my hair was lighter brown, I DC.
I went back, This time she gave me a little blue bubble and more lightener/according to my current shade.
After the second App. Golden brown. I DC.
Went back...She said Wow it looks great, and your hair is in good cond. Well I wasn't satisfied...I wanted it to be lighter. They didn't have the supplies at that location so I went to the one she called. I get there and she looks at me and says those magic words, "You cant lift tint with tint, you need to strip the color." :wallbash::wallbash::wallbash::wallbash:
2 yes 2 bleaches later my hair was no only blonde but against my light complection I looked....too sad to say...I freaked out, went to WMart and applied dark brown. DC the entire W/E..... I still had hair!!!!It was in fair condition. I made a distress call to my HD...after a good laugh, she trimmed the dead (1in) and repaired what she could.
It has been months now and my hair is almost back to normal....I have made it a promise not to abuse it like that EVER again!
My problem: My natural curl (for which I was known) has faded to a light wave. It looks okay but I want my old hair back. Any Suggestions?

The only suggesstion I have is to continue to DC and time. I just don't think it's going to be an instant fix. I think care, time and patience and you'll see the old hair return via ng.

Is that what you meant?

----Is there anthing I can do besides...no manipulation and DC? Im waiting for It to grow so that slowly I can trim it off. It looks good...Im very impatient!

oh, no :nono::spinning: Bleached blonde hair always looks like a sahara IMO :ohwell: So glad your experiement didn't leave you in worse condition. Be patient. It will grow back eventually.

What is is with summer time and blond? :lol: I did the same thing last year - I had to wait, and grow it out. One thing that I think did help my hair return to 'normal' prior to cutting it, was I henna'd - I think it helped restore/protect the poor stripped hair (I bleached, platinum blonde, and then dyed over it... :nono:)

I don't think that will help restore your wave though - your hair is chemically damaged at this point, and you're just gonna have to wait it out.

Though - have you tried chelating/clarifying? Also, Amla is supposed to help with increasing curl....

Well I actually have experience with this. Before I found LHCF I decided to bleach the front of my head so I could dye it turquoise. I've been green and read all over before. Why did I do it again? I dunno, but this time I was determined not to let the blonde take my hair out. So when I found this forum, I start co-washing and Dcing. I stopped heat and started doing cornrows under a blue/black wig or whatever wig I felt like that day.

You hair will come back, but you're going to have to work on it. Yes, you need to DC and when I say DC, I mean more than once a week. And even leave it overnight sometimes. You need to also make sure you have enough of a protein balance because blonde really weakens hair. Also I recommend pre-pooing with molasses mixed with a cheap conditioner. I used White Rain coconut.

Well I actually have experience with this. Before I found LHCF I decided to bleach the front of my head so I could dye it turquoise. I've been green and read all over before. Why did I do it again? I dunno, but this time I was determined not to let the blonde take my hair out. So when I found this forum, I start co-washing and Dcing. I stopped heat and started doing cornrows under a blue/black wig or whatever wig I felt like that day.

You hair will come back, but you're going to have to work on it. Yes, you need to DC and when I say DC, I mean more than once a week. And even leave it overnight sometimes. You need to also make sure you have enough of a protein balance because blonde really weakens hair. Also I recommend pre-pooing with molasses mixed with a cheap conditioner. I used White Rain coconut.

What does that do?

Back