My hair looks better WITHOUT a scarf- Anyone else?

♦K.O♦

This goes against common wisdom, but when I put on a scarf to lay my edges down, it's like it steals all of the product and waves (:grin:) from my hair. My hair is much slicker, wavier, and controlled when I just load on the product and go about my business.

Anyone else? :drunk:

Last edited:
like, putting on a scarf at night?

No. Sorry for not being specific. I meant putting on a scarf for slicking purposes when wearing your hair pulled back. Like you put on gel or another hair product, and you put the scarf on for a 10 mins to an hour to make the hair "lay down."

ohhh...

i've never done the 10 minute bit. i only use a silk scarf when i've washed my hair and air dry it overnight... that makes my roots super smooth, soft and shiny.

or, when i wrap after a rollerset and leave it on overnight.

putting too much product on my hair can make it stringy looking so i resist loading up.

I have never used a scarf to make my hair lie down when I create a pulled back puff. Never had any desire to have helmet flat looking hair. I love the fluffy look that resembles a halo.

The only time I use a scarf to make hair lie down is if I'm wearing cornrows and I leave them in too long that they start to look messy. A scarf at night after brushing--especially one over a baggy (or simply using Saran wrap as the scarf)--leads to neat looking cornrows the next morning.

Otherwise I love my pulled back puff with all its fluff.

I agree, you have gorgeous hair!! >.<
I don't wear a scarf to lay edges down. in fact, i like my edges like i have in my siggy. :yep:

Me? It depends on the scarf I put on my head. If it's not silk and tied securely then scarves are a waste of time. I wear a lot of protective styles - I don't sleep in one position so bed hair is not cute on me. It cuts down my time in the morning to style too.

I think this depends on the texture and length of your hair. In my case I am not a TWA girl and my hair is now just long enough to wear in a protective bun. I think my hair type is 4 and I must wear a scarf for my hair to lay down and wave up. However if it was long like Happily Me or if my texture was like Vain Jane's I wouldn't require a scarf. What's your hair type and length?

im relaxed bone straight. when my new growth comes in, i use the scarf to help hair lay flat & smooth like the majority of my hair or it would look crazy..2 completely different textures.

Back