My hair journey thus far (Pic Heavy)

vainღ♥♡jane

ღ♥♡honey chile♡♥ღ
in summer 07 i jacked my head UP. i finally had a flatiron, and everytime i even passed the bathroom, i decided to do a little swipe here and there. it resulted in thinning, broken, heat damaged hair. smh; in this photo, i had just washed, and i lost a crap load of hair in my crown. this is what i was left with. and i still tried to rock it for a while, smh. i just laugh now.
1-vi.jpg

this photo was taken a week before i lost the crown. still tow up.
2-vi.jpg

so i decided to bc jan 08. it was the most painful decision ever. i hadn't had hair so short since i was in the womb, and i was convinced i looked like a boy. :sad:
100_2445-vi.jpg

100_2472-vi.jpg

by february, i was starting to come to terms with being bald.
33c13a581812d87a8bbd0e8f68bbe0-vi.jpg

mon-vi.jpg

around summer 08, i started to really like my hair. ignore the stupid face.
100_2919-vi.jpg

i fell in LOVE with wash'n'gos
WashandGoPics005-vi.jpg

WashandGoPics007-vi.jpg

these are the last pics of my natural hair, taken around august 08. by that point i believe i was getting bored with my hair.
100_3058-vi.jpg

my tan was da bomb
100_3069-vi.jpg

i ruined my edges with all those headbands though
100_3072-vi.jpg

then... i did the dumbest thing ever, and relaxed after 11 months of being natural, and on top of that i tried to 'trim' my hair, and trying to make it even, i cut off more hair than a jealous stylist. i whipped it into a bootleg style though and made it work for me.
relaxedneck2-vi.jpg

i hated what i had done and got all in a funk about it... that lasted until april, when i decided i was gonna make the most of it and just transition back to natural. for the most part of my transition, i have worn my hair straight. i tried a few no heat styles, and yal, they were JACKED!

april 09 rollerset
100_3391-vi.jpg

june flatironed hair
DSCN0117-vi.jpg

a failed twistout in july
DSCN0231-vi.jpg

super shrinkage already in august
DSCN0280-vi.jpg

another failed twistout on straightened hair in sept. ignore the creep face :lol:
failedtwistout2-vi.jpg

apl was teasing me on oct
2_3-vi.jpg

at 9 months post in nov, i thought i would have much more new growth. :sad:
DSCN0500-vi.jpg

a bantu knot out in the beginnin of this month was the only no heat style i really liked
DSCN0569-vi.jpg

and finally, after not flatironing since october, i decided to straighten and do a length check. i BARELY, barely made my hair goal of apl. i took like 50 million pictures to make sure i wasn't seein things. i'm claimin it yal, i'm claimin it! finally. it took long enough. almost 2 freakin years.

i'm claimin it dammit.
DSCN0668-vi.jpg

yep i sure am. even if its just that little tip. :rofl: i been waitin too long. now i hope i can continue to transition until my natural hair is full apl stretched, or even a little longer than that. and no i don't have a regimen.

Last edited:
You're a cutie and thanks for sharing your journey with us. Are you natural now, or still transitioning (I got a little confused). You are lucky b/c you can pull off both long and short hair. HHG

I BC'd the first time then gave up and relaxed. I think it's easier to transition, b/c your happy to get rid of the ends. Your hair looks great!

You are too cute! I appreciate your story because, like mine, it hasn't been smooth sailing since day one. Great job and dedication!

your curls are so cute! great progress!

PS: Midnight=best non-academic book I've read in a while! Do you like it??

I loved it like a bio, I was waiting for each pic and the next paragraph, Go GIRL! I love your curls, Love it love it. And don't worry it will grow, look it's grown so nice so far. :)

Your natural curls are to die for!! :pant:

Your twist out was fly a heck!!

Congrats on the transition and making APL!!:woot:

You're a pretty girl I love the curlies!!:love3:

I didn't know you had all that beauty on top your head! Your natural hair was so pretty, I'm glad you decided to transition; your natural hair really suits you. :)

You have some really nice skin too - so clear and even!

ETA: And you, hands down, have the best knot out I've ever seen. :drool:

Last edited:
Back