My Hair Is In LOVE...

Poohbear

Fearfully Wonderfully Made
with Suave Naturals Aloe Vera Conditioner!!! :love:

No more stiffness!
No more coated feeling!
Just softer, shiner, more flexible, & more defined hair!!!

I believe it's because this cheap little conditioner is coneless. I just discovered that maybe cones is the reason why conditioner washing really hasn't been working for me.

I'm going to continue this daily co-washing routine for a while with this product! I don't have to worry about my hair coming out dry after washing anymore! I was so amazed that I had to share with you all! :)

Edited to add: Here is a link to the album I just created showing pics of my shake n go!
http://public.fotki.com/poohbear0215/2006_pics/~best_conditioner/
My password is in my signature below. ;)

Last edited:
Congrats! Glad you found something that works well for you :)
I think I may try it....I already love the milk & honey.

Suave is cool. If you have one in your area, be sure to go to Brooks, starting tomorrow the Naturals line is on sale for 88 cents with and in-store coupon for $1 off 2 Suave products.

I've never tried Suave Naturals, but I'm a fan of cheapie conditioners (Suave, White Rain, Vo5, etc.)

Poohbear said:
with Suave Naturals Aloe Vera Conditioner!!! :love:

No more stiffness!
No more coated feeling!
Just softer, shiner, more flexible, & more defined hair!!!

I believe it's because this cheap little conditioner is coneless. I just discovered that maybe cones is the reason why conditioner washing really hasn't been working for me.

I'm going to continue this daily co-washing routine for a while with this product! I don't have to worry about my hair coming out dry after washing anymore! I was so amazed that I had to share with you all! :)
I love this too-but not the smell. It smells like Blue Magic.

Congrats! I love it when I find something that works for me. My hair didn't like it, though. I love your twists, btw!

OT: Peachtree, your hair and your daughter's hair made me go :eek:. I can only WISH that my hair looks as good someday!

Priestess, thanks for letting me know!

Peachtree, I thought Suave Naturals was the cheap kind of Suave. Btw, I agree with Ebonygurl, you and your daughter's hair are BEAUTIFUL!

BerrySweet, I'm not much of a fan for the smell of it either but it leaves my hair smelling fresh after it's rinsed out. :yep:

OT:
That's your baby? Daaannnng, she has some pretty hair!
And even though I can't see her her face, her cuteness is still showing! She's a beautiful child.......

Chinagem said:
Poohbear, how long did it take for your hair to dry when you did your shake n' go?
about 5-6 hours to completely airdry... and my hair is 7 inches long. ;)

Pooh, you are soooo cute:D ! It looks fantastic!

So what exactly did you do? Co wash, than add the gel to wet hair?

TJD3 said:
Pooh, you are soooo cute:D ! It looks fantastic!

So what exactly did you do? Co wash, than add the gel to wet hair?
Thanks TJD3!
I soaked my hair with water from the shower head...
I took a handful of conditioner and massage it into my hair...
I washed my body then rinsed the conditioner out from nape area to front bending over forward...
I got out of the shower and applied some curl activator gel to wet hair...
Then I hung my head over the tub and shook my head left to right then front to back...
And that's it! I let it airdry like that throughout the day. ;)

Poohbear said:
Priestess, thanks for letting me know!

Peachtree, I thought Suave Naturals was the cheap kind of Suave. Btw, I agree with Ebonygurl, you and your daughter's hair are BEAUTIFUL!

BerrySweet, I'm not much of a fan for the smell of it either but it leaves my hair smelling fresh after it's rinsed out. :yep:

Thanks Pooh :D

I'm a fan of Suave, I've just never tried this line (Suave Naturals)... I've only used the regular Suaves :)

Poohbear said:
about 5-6 hours to completely airdry... and my hair is 7 inches long. ;)

Well go on girl with ya bad self. You really have beautiful hair. I was hoping that you'd found some way to get the hair to dry faster. I remember when I was natural before and I used to do this that my hair would be wet ALL DAY. I guess there's no hope of having the hair dry within a couple of hours. :(

Chinagem said:
Well go on girl with ya bad self. You really have beautiful hair. I was hoping that you'd found some way to get the hair to dry faster. I remember when I was natural before and I used to do this that my hair would be wet ALL DAY. I guess there's no hope of having the hair dry within a couple of hours. :(

If you wrap your hair in a towel (microfiber is best, but i've been using regular towels lately) for even 15 minutes after washing normally it keeps your hair from frizzing and it cuts the drying time dramatically. :)

tropicexotic said:
If you wrap your hair in a towel (microfiber is best, but i've been using regular towels lately) for even 15 minutes after washing normally it keeps your hair from frizzing and it cuts the drying time dramatically. :)

thanks! I'll be sure to this whenever I actually have some hair. :)

ETA: Do you use the microfiber towel with gel in your hair?

I used to like that one as well, especially for conditioner washes because it left my hair feeling clean without any extra coating or build up.

Back