(!!!) Look How Much HAIR I LOSS (!!!)

Poohbear...sorry to see your loss. But don't fret hun...Anky is correct. Wash your hair in sections. This is how I do my daughters hair. And she is extremely tender headed...so this cuts down on all the tangles. Basically there aren't any tangles and no hair loss. Check out Robin's video marked...New Growth Relaxed 2 Texture Hair....The video is at the bottom of the page. The Video This is a great way to wash and condition your hair with little to no tangles and shedding.
Keep up the good work on your transition. HTH

ThursdayGirl said:
Hey Poohbear... hang in there girl! Remember my post... "I want to just cry and then die?" I lost more hair than that. My situation was a lot like yours sounded. I definitelly find that washing in 4 sections helps. Also making sure I get rid of all of the shed hairs. I have tried prepooing with Olive oil and it made my hair hard and tangly. What I find works well.. is honey with Suave Biobasics or (less favorite) honey with Suave tropical coconut conditioner. If I put that on (almost like you were putting on a relaxer and put some on the length of the hair too) let it sit for a couple of hours... my hair is a lot less tangled...and its moisturized.

The other thing that helped when I had my big bout of tangling....was a trim of my ends. I started transitioning in November...about a month after you did. Maybe a small cut will help you too.

You might also consider going back to washing once a week to get rid of shed hairs more often ... and to make sure your hair is properly moisturized.

I'm sorry you had to go through that. Its so disheartening for me to see how thin my ponytail is now... but the roots are thick...so I know eventually it will all grow out.

PoohBear, I agree with ThursdayGirl. I am transitioning my daughter's hair and the last time I washed it the tangles were wicked. She is 5 months post relaxer. I cut between one and two inches and that made the detangling a lot easier. Good luck.

Puddles said:
Poohbear...sorry to see your loss. But don't fret hun...Anky is correct. Wash your hair in sections. This is how I do my daughters hair. And she is extremely tender headed...so this cuts down on all the tangles. Basically there aren't any tangles and no hair loss. Check out Robin's video marked...New Growth Relaxed 2 Texture Hair....The video is at the bottom of the page. The Video This is a great way to wash and condition your hair with little to no tangles and shedding.
Keep up the good work on your transition. HTH
Thanks for posting this! I need to visit her site more often!:)

The only thing that detangles my natural hair is suave milk and honey mixed with water. I spray this on my hair just like a leave in and comb it in sections. Sometimes I need a little and sometimes I need a lot, but it doesn't leave any residue on my hair or make my hair stiff

Poohbear, I'm sorry to hear about your hair troubles. I only comb my hair when I put conditioner on it. I hope everything works out for you. You have such beautiful hair. :lol:

*Dee* said:
so sorry to hear this pooh!! sounds like you need some protein!! try motions cpr to strengthen you hair
I did a protein treatment today with Elasta QP Breakage Control Serum. :yep:

Natrlchallenge said:
Poohbear, I'm sorry to hear about your hair troubles. I only comb my hair when I put conditioner on it. I hope everything works out for you. You have such beautiful hair. :lol:
I detangled with conditioner in it. I used Suave Professionals Humectant and ElastaQP Mango Butter.

Oh my goodness. I am so sorry that happened. I can't even imagine how you must have felt seeing all that hair. Pooh, I know you do not want to let go of the relaxer until you have a good amount of growth. But maybe your hair is telling you it's time to let go.

Wow that's a lot hair! It looks like hair that will come out after wearing braids. I'm so sorry. Maybe is happen because of the oil you use as prepoo.

Awww PB, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. :kiss: I didn't read all of the responses, but my hair tends to shed/break when I apply oils to dry hair. I don't know why, but I just end up losing so much hair. If I decide to do a "pre-poo" I have to wet my hair first or shampoo it; so techinically, it's not really a pre-poo treatment. :look:

Don't worry, it will get better. :)

kitchen_tician said:
Awww PB, I'm sorry to hear about your loss. :kiss: I didn't read all of the responses, but my hair tends to shed/break when I apply oils to dry hair. I don't know why, but I just end up losing so much hair. If I decide to do a "pre-poo" I have to wet my hair first or shampoo it; so techinically, it's not really a pre-poo treatment. :look:

Don't worry, it will get better. :)
I prepoo on wet hair too. I think I prepoo wrong because I just slathered it on my hair. I didn't section it off or anything before applying the oil. Next time I wash my hair, I'm going to really rethink what I do to my hair before washing it. ;)

Wow, Pooh! I would be upset and crying too! :mad: I know that you will get through this. I can tell from your threads that you are a woman of great courage. We are here for you though if you feel like venting.

I agree with some of the others that maybe your hair is telling you that 2 weeks is just too long to go without a shampoo or at least some water. I was going to suggest a protein treatment, but you have already done that. If you continue to get excessive breakage, try an even stronger protein like Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair.

Are you blowdrying or flat ironing every time you wash your hair? Do you blowdry when your has not been washed? It is possible that the heat at such close range to the hair strand may be weakening and drying it out. Since you are transitioning and your natural state of hair is not straight anyway, maybe you should forget the blowdryer for a while.

Lastly Pooh, I think you should try Kemi-Moyst Conditioner for Dry Damaged Hair to loosen your tangles. It's a light creamy conditioner, but it detangles dry and wet hair very well (especially fake, matted hair. Don't ask me how I know. ;) ).

Sorry to hear about this, Pooh. Just another suggestion: Have you ever tried a bone comb? If not, you may want to invest in one. I had a K-Cutter when I was natural and it ripped my hair out!

I transitioned for a long time, six months, and my hair began to shed more. Maybe that's what it is? Also, do you detangle from the bottom up? Maybe you should try a detangling serum instead of a cream or oil.

Generally, I think it's better to pre-shampoo on dry hair. Try Aubrey Organics White Camellia Jasmine shampoo. It helps stop shedding and it's got protein in it so if you don't want to do an extra protein deep conditioning treatment, you don't have to.

ydbaldock said:
Wow, Pooh! I would be upset and crying too! :mad: I know that you will get through this. I can tell from your threads that you are a woman of great courage. We are here for you though if you feel like venting.

I agree with some of the others that maybe your hair is telling you that 2 weeks is just too long to go without a shampoo or at least some water. I was going to suggest a protein treatment, but you have already done that. If you continue to get excessive breakage, try an even stronger protein like Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair.
Most of the hair I lost was shedded hair. I've used Aphogee Treatment for Damaged Hair before like a month before.

Are you blowdrying or flat ironing every time you wash your hair? Do you blowdry when your has not been washed? It is possible that the heat at such close range to the hair strand may be weakening and drying it out. Since you are transitioning and your natural state of hair is not straight anyway, maybe you should forget the blowdryer for a while.
I just started blowdrying my hair April 9th and waited 2 weeks to wash it again (April 23rd). Before, I was airdrying and washing my hair about once a week. And no, I do not blowdry when my hair has not been washed. Only blowdried right after my mom detangled in sections, braided each section, unbraided a section one by one, applied heat protectant, then blowdried each section one by one. So blowdrying only took placed during that one day after I washed my hair.

Lastly Pooh, I think you should try Kemi-Moyst Conditioner for Dry Damaged Hair to loosen your tangles. It's a light creamy conditioner, but it detangles dry and wet hair very well (especially fake, matted hair. Don't ask me how I know. ;) ).
Thanks for the product suggestion! ;)

Last edited:
TigerLily said:
Sorry to hear about this, Pooh. Just another suggestion: Have you ever tried a bone comb? If not, you may want to invest in one. I had a K-Cutter when I was natural and it ripped my hair out!
haven't tried a bone comb yet... still comtemplating on whether it's really worth paying over $10 for a comb...

Poohbear have you tried Nexxus Emergencee rather than Aphogee? Your hair might like that one better. I have tried both and Nexxus Emergencee wins hand down for me.:yep: Also I noticed when I didn't wash my hair as often (every 2 weeks) I woud have major shedding or breakage due to not combing in my hair. You might need to a CO wash at least once a week to keep your hair detangled.

Amaranthine said:
I transitioned for a long time, six months, and my hair began to shed more. Maybe that's what it is? Also, do you detangle from the bottom up? Maybe you should try a detangling serum instead of a cream or oil.

Generally, I think it's better to pre-shampoo on dry hair. Try Aubrey Organics White Camellia Jasmine shampoo. It helps stop shedding and it's got protein in it so if you don't want to do an extra protein deep conditioning treatment, you don't have to.
I detangle from roots to ends. I can't detangle from ends to roots, it just doesn't work for me. My hair gets tangled at the demarcation line when I detangle from ends to roots. Thanks for the product suggestion!

I wish I could be encouraging, but from my experience, that is not normal hair loss, that is an excessive amount. Try Emergencee.

Perhaps it could have been your method of detangling. I remember when my hair was in the most natural state, I would have to load my hair with conditioner providing utmost slip and detangle section by section. I would use the large bone comb. It would take almost 2 hrs, but it was well worth the hair saved. And when I say section by section, I mean small sections going across no wider than an inch.

Last edited:
FashionistaNY said:
I wish I could be encouraging, but from my experience, that is not normal hair loss, that is an excessive amount. Try Emergencee.

Perhaps it could have been your method of detangling. I remember when my hair was in the most natural state, I would have to load my hair with conditioner providing utmost slip and detangle section by section. I would use the large bone comb. It would take almost 2 hrs, but it was well worth the hair saved. And when I say section by section, I mean small sections going across no wider than an inch.
Maybe I need to take more time with detangling and do very small sections like you did, if I'm going to do it myself when my mom isn't around. :yep: Thanks for your tip! :up:

Poohbear I know you got lots of suggestions but please rethink your detangling method of starting from root to tip. I know you said it doesn't work for you but maybe make smaller sections and go from the ends up. Trust me when I say that you're gonna just rip your hair from the scalp trying to go from the root to the ends.

I agree with whoever suggested a bone comb.

HTH

Not to take away from the thread, but I lose about half of the amount of Poohbears every time I wash my hair which is twice a week. I also lose a good amount every day (from the root) when I come my hair or simply run my fingers through it. I posted a thread about me losing my hair, but I didn't have a pic to show. :(

mzcaramelicious07 said:
Not to take away from the thread, but I lose about half of the amount of Poohbears every time I wash my hair which is twice a week. I also lose a good amount every day (from the root) when I come my hair or simply run my fingers through it. I posted a thread about me losing my hair, but I didn't have a pic to show. :(
Interesting. Are you relaxed or transitioning???

Poohbear said:
Interesting. Are you relaxed or transitioning???

I am relaxed. I don't think I could transition because I don't know why my hair is coming out so easily now. I want to get this under control before I even think about transitioning!

PB,

I haven't read all the posts but i had major shedding while in transition so some of it is normal. The question I have is why are you using EQP Mango Butter to detangle? I'm sorry but that's way too thick to use as a detangler and it will cause you to pull your hair harder.

In sensitive cases like these, less is more. You need a cheapie, runny conditioner all by itself (or with olive oil if you need moisture) to detangle. Just use the suave conditioner alone to detangle and then the elasta QP after you detangle if you think you really need it. I personally would drop the mango butter altogether as a pre treatment.

HTH

Back