My hair is growing...6 month update!

godsflowerrr said:
hey!!!!!!thanks so much! yeah i was thinking of doing micro braids for my protective style but i have decided to stick with the weaves because when i had the micros my hair started to thin on the edges and took a while to grow back.........i lovvvvvvvve weaves!!!! it is such a easy alternative! the last weave was just a regular sew-in. i did he vertical corn rolls like snoop dog. that his the quickest way for me to do it. i only left a very small portion of my hair out on the top of my head....just enough to cover the tracks.....thats about it girl.... i hope this helps;) God bless

How long do you leave your weaves in?? How often do you wash? Do you retighten them?

Good golly that's some beautiful hair! I am sooo jealous of your bangs! I've always loved long bangs and I thought they would never get past eye level, but your bangs are awesome. Wow my next real growth mark will be in about 6 months and seeing your progress gives me hope!!!

My goodness,

That is a head of GORGEOUS hair! Wow--and your progress is fast. So you're one of the ones blessed with the fast growth, huh? I ain't jealous... :D

Your hair is really pretty.

How did you get your bun to look so pretty?!? I always hate my bun.

RabiaElaine said:

How long do you leave your weaves in?? How often do you wash? Do you retighten them?

hey miss! I ususlly keep them in for 2 months before i had my relaxer but after i relaxed my hair i noticed that my hair matted up soooooo bad after only one month...so now i don't keep them in any longer that one month. i washed weekly and i never retightened them.....btw i use Kroager brand prenatal vitamins..i forgot to reply to your earlier post...sorry:look:

Letitia said:
Your hair is really pretty.

How did you get your bun to look so pretty?!? I always hate my bun.

hey beyondcute showed me how to do it!!! she has a nice fotki and she show how to do it step by step

...............picking the bottom half of my lip off the floor so I can think straight!!:lol:

Now that's what I call inspirational progress!!! Your hair looks so amazing and it grew so fast in those six months. I can't remember whether you stretched the entire time or relaxed during the time. It is really beautiful and thick!!! Girl that's a LOTTTT of good growth for 6 months. Can't wait to see it in the next 6 months, but I will be stalking your album until then!:)

...............mind still stuck in "ooooh" mode:lol:

Congratulations girl and HHG!!

BB

godsflowerrr said:
hey miss! I ususlly keep them in for 2 months before i had my relaxer but after i relaxed my hair i noticed that my hair matted up soooooo bad after only one month...so now i don't keep them in any longer that one month. i washed weekly and i never retightened them.....btw i use Kroager brand prenatal vitamins..i forgot to reply to your earlier post...sorry:look:

Thanks girl...If you ever decide to do a how to album for your weaves...I would be very happy to see it :) hint hint :))

godsflowerrr said:

GF, are you currently (or were you recently) preggers, or are you just taking the prenatal vitamins for the nutritional value? I hope that question is not too "nosey". :) Just wondering if you were taking them because you "had" to, or if you had chosen to take them on your own because of the wonderful vitamin content.

KiniKakes said:
GF, are you currently (or were you recently) preggers, or are you just taking the prenatal vitamins for the nutritional value? I hope that question is not too "nosey". :) Just wondering if you were taking them because you "had" to, or if you had chosen to take them on your own because of the wonderful vitamin content.

hey sis...i was just taking them because my cousin told me that they were making her hair grow and her hair was growing our really well. i'm not preggers...lol:grin:

I just love love LOVE your hair! It's so shiny and thick. You've done an EXCELLENT job and you are quite an inspiration. Keep up the good work! You have motivated me to keep on going with my vitamins and hair regime.

I just love to see progress pics like this. Thanks for sharing and keep us updated.

LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!;)

Im in love with your hair

i think imma have to jump on the prenatal and msm wagon starting....... today

by december hopefully i'll be were u are today

ques.

does msm or prenatal cause weight gain

You've made some significant progress that's for sure. Your hair looks fantastic and you did an excellent job on the haircut!!! I'd like to duplicate that doughnut bun you did with the sexy tendrils....cute!!

Thnx for sharing yor excellent progress. Yet another inspiration. The layers look pretty too.

That is sum SERIOUS GROWTH:grin:

Keep it up girl..At this rate in another six months you'll probably be near waist length.

You gotta share your regimen!!!!!

Girl your hair is flowin and glowin! Congrats on your progress. Thanks for the tips and keep us posted. I'm off to get some prenatals cause my hair wants to be like yours when it grows up!:lol:

Back