My hair is growing...6 month update!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!! Yeaaah!! :dance:

I love growth pics! I've decided that I need to do the same and take some pics of my progress :lol:
I love your album! So inspiring!

Woo ooo wee! Yes, indeed your hair is growing...(taps foot waiting for the coveted information about her regimen.) Not only is it long, but it's so full and healthy, too. :D Good stuff.

WOW ladies!!!!!!!!!!!! You ladies are soooooooooooo great. I didn't expect to get so many words of encouragement from you all. thanks so very much! well as far as hair tips go, here are a few that i use..:) ....i just stay away from a lot of heat. i have probably have used heat about 5 times since jan. usually i just air dry and put my hair in a procective style. i also wear weaves and half wigs a lot to protect my hair. I have been keeping my ends moisterized with bronner brother oil and mayo, wash every week with keracare hydrating shampoo and deep condition with ntm conditioner along with infusium leave in. i protein condition with aphogee every couple of months and i only trim my hair every six months. i found that when i was clipping my ends every 6-8 weeks i was not achieving the growth that i wanted. i love my sedu flat iron when i do use heat along with the andis ionic hair dryer. these 2 products make my hair smooth and soft... i always use a heat protector when i do use heat...i really like the ic polisher. today i'm gonna try my first roller set:p i hope it comes out nice...i'll keep you posted:lol: thanks again ladies and GOD bless all of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wowwowow! i can see a good 5 inches there. amazing...are you still taking those vits? horsetail, msm and the other (sorry i cant remember!)

Candy_C said:
wowwowow! i can see a good 5 inches there. amazing...are you still taking those vits? horsetail, msm and the other (sorry i cant remember!)

hey!!! yeah i still do take the prenatal vitamins but i have been slacking on the msm. i have started taking flax seed oil a couple of weeks ago. well see how that works......:)

Girl it is gorgeous! Thanks for sharing and inspiring.

godsflowerrr said:
Wow it has been six whole months and i finally i see some progress. I have been wearing my hair in protective styles and weaves for a while. a week ago i gave myself a touch up and flat ironed my hair and finally i see progress!!! thanks ladies for all of the advice and seeing your pics gives me soooo much encouragement. my hair has never been so healthy and full. i never knew that i could do it with my 4a/b hair type!!! I'm almost bsl...... if you have any advise for me please leave a sista some comments! thanks again and GOD bless!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

http://public.fotki.com/Godsflowerrr/

Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!

Your hair grew soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

I was just up in your album being nosey earlier this week. :lol:

I don't know how I missed this thread until now!

Anyway you done convinced me my next protective style will not be braids...but a good ole weave. I just braided my hair this week and it took sooooo long because my hair is getting longer. I'm not sure I can deal with that during my next stretch because (God-willing) it will be even longer.

The last weave you put in is about the same length of your own hair!!!

In that last weave what method did you use? Did you do horizontal or vertical braids? Did you use a net? How much of your own hair is left out?

Sorry for all the questions.

Anyway Congrats girlie!

godsflowerrr said:
hey!!! yeah i still do take the prenatal vitamins but i have been slacking on the msm. i have started taking flax seed oil a couple of weeks ago. well see how that works......:)

Which prenatals are you taking?

godsflowerrr said:

arr kool, u will loveee flaxseed!

well done! it can only get better from now on, isn't it a nice feeling seein results?!

RabiaElaine said:
Girrrrrrrrrrrrrrllllllllllllllllllllllll!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! All I can say is WOW WOW WOW!

Your hair grew soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Anyway you done convinced me my next protective style will not be braids...but a good ole weave. I just braided my hair this week and it took sooooo long because my hair is getting longer. I'm not sure I can deal with that during my next stretch because (God-willing) it will be even longer.

In that last weave what method did you use? Did you do horizontal or vertical braids? Did you use a net? How much of your own hair is left out?

Anyway Congrats girlie!

hey!!!!!!thanks so much! yeah i was thinking of doing micro braids for my protective style but i have decided to stick with the weaves because when i had the micros my hair started to thin on the edges and took a while to grow back.........i lovvvvvvvve weaves!!!! it is such a easy alternative! the last weave was just a regular sew-in. i did he vertical corn rolls like snoop dog. that his the quickest way for me to do it. i only left a very small portion of my hair out on the top of my head....just enough to cover the tracks.....thats about it girl.... i hope this helps;) God bless

RabiaElaine said:

Anyway Congrats girlie!

hey!!!!!!thanks so much! yeah i was thinking of doing micro braids for my protective style but i have decided to stick with the weaves because when i had the micros my hair started to thin on the edges and took a while to grow back.........i lovvvvvvvve weaves!!!! it is such a easy alternative! the last weave was just a regular sew-in. i did he vertical corn rolls like snoop dog. that his the quickest way for me to do it. i only left a very small portion of my hair out on the top of my head....just enough to cover the tracks.....thats about it girl.... i hope this helps;) God bless

Back