My hair is curly not nappy

• Thread starter Thread starter Salliquay
  • Start date Start date
My hair ain't nappy, it's curly....I ain't really black cause my granddaddy is Indian......and I'm really lightskinned, I've just been out in the sun to long that why I look black.....and these's aren't contacts, my eyes are really blue.......and the only reason my nose looks wide is because I got hit in the face with a baseball when I was little........and I don't really have n*gga lips, I just used to pout alot when I was a child

Now....does anybody want to call bull****?

CatSuga said:
My hair ain't nappy, it's curly....I ain't really black cause my granddaddy is Indian......and I'm really lightskinned, I've just been out in the sun to long that why I look black.....and these's aren't contacts, my eyes are really blue.......and the only reason my nose looks wide is because I got hit in the face with a baseball when I was little........and I don't really have n*gga lips, I just used to pout alot when I was a child

Bwahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!!!!!! :lachen: :lachen: :lachen: *DEAD*

Last edited:
CatSuga said:

:lachen: You're something else CatSuga!!! :rofl:

I love my naps , nap is the tearm used to describe fabric weave, be silk , linen, wool , or carpeting there are all types of naps ...for hair It is not a degrading term in my eyes at least.
my 1 cent

CatSuga said:

Wowwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww......LMAO!!!!:lachen: :lachen:
Whew, Lawd.

CatSuga said:

LMAO :lachen: I hate to bump up old threads but this was hillarious..Does anyone know how you say nappy in spanish? My teacher said my hair is just really curly rizado but I want to call it nappy.

CatSuga said:

Thank you CatSuga, you saved me alot of trouble...LMAO

hersheyskiss said:
LMAO :lachen: I hate to bump up old threads but this was hillarious..Does anyone know how you say nappy in spanish? My teacher said my hair is just really curly rizado but I want to call it nappy.

pelo malo:ohwell:

StLucianSweetie said:
pelo malo:ohwell:

:confused: That means bad hair and I don't think people who consider their hair nappy consider it as "bad hair". There's gotta be another translation than that one. Maybe curly would be the best description for the term "nappy" like another poster said.

My hair isn't nappy... :look:

Yeah right! :lol: People need to just embrace themselves. I love my naps, coils, curls, whatever you want to call it. It is what it is.

What is the big deal w/ the term nappy? If it is it is so what?

I think the reason the term probably offends you is part of the reason nappturality exists to help those who do not accept the beauty in naturally nappy/kinky/curly/wavy hair.

Just my $19.13 cents worth.

Salliquay said:
okay I don't mean to sound rude but why do black people call their natural hair nappy. For the life of me I just can't understand why we buy into these terms. I am transtioning from relaxed hair to my "NATURAl" hair and I refuse to believe my hair is nappy, my hair is curly maybe moreso curly than others but my hair is beautiful not nappy. By the way that Nappurality site or whatever it is offends me. Just my two cents.

Basically OP is saying that she has 'good hair.' Then she goes further with saying her hair is 'curlier than others'.....If your hair is curly, that's great. But who are you to say how other people can and cannot define their hair texture?

Back