My hair is changing pattern

Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree Geminigirl..one's lifestyle/appearance is no reason to bash someone... had no idea that that was happening btw!

oh yes it does, take a venture out and you will see, people trying to bait others with certain too personal thread topics, idk since I got this app on my phone, I see lhcf in a whole new light since I am able to read more things.

Droid typing leads to typos for me

Oh u chicks are too funny to.me. I got all of my relaxed hair cut off last year and posted a picture of my hair in January since then my hair in the fronts and sides have changed textured its not that serious for me to lie .or front to any of yall. I was just saying how I embracing the hair that is left out and wig me.wetting and conditioning more frequently its changing patterns some people...trust just was a topic nothing more.

Sent from my PC36100 using PC36100

Ok, bear with me y'all. I'm gonna attempt to decipher what's really going on.

OP, with the bolded statement above, may I assume that you leave hair out at the top when wearing your sew-ins? And, that's the hair you're saying is changing texture? I assume you're wearing a straight-haired sew-in (or anything non-kinky), which would require you to flat-iron/press the hair that's left out. By it being "out" hair, you shampoo, condition, and straighten it more frequently than the hair that's braided up under the weave.

If all of the above is true, then that ain't nothing but heat damage. Sorry.

OP, with the bolded statement above, may I assume that you leave hair out at the top when wearing your sew-ins? And, that's the hair you're saying is changing texture? I assume you're wearing a straight-haired sew-in (or anything non-kinky), which would require you to flat-iron/press the hair that's left out. By it being "out" hair, you shampoo, condition, and straighten it more frequently than the hair that's braided up under the weave.

thermal-laxing

@Geminigirl don't even bother girl. I stopped trying to figure it out eons ago LOL Women with babies are persona non grata, but threads about little boys wearing a tutu is seen as progressive and awesome :lachen:

OP, my hair changes as it grows. Good luck on your hair journey.

THANKKKKK YOUUU! You are so right. My bangs or front part looks like the OP's pic and I am a 4a/b. I can tell you, its heat damage. Its a looser curl than any other part of my hair and it hasn't gone back :perplexed. Its pretty stubborn as opposed to the rest of my hair:ohwell:.

Did you ever have relaxer damage in the area that you have the looser texture? I ask because your pic in the OP looks somewhat like the back of my hair. I don't use heat so it's not heat damage and my texture didn't change. It grew in this way as I transitioned. But only the back of my hair looks like that.

While I was transitioning I thought it was because of the relaxed ends and after I cut the relaxed ends I waited for it to change to look like the rest of my hair but it hasn't changed yet and I will be natural for one year at the end of next month.

The back of my hair is where I used to have all of my relaxer burns. I would have scabs that would hurt, bleed, and ooze fluid. Gross I know. My hair fell out a couple times back there too. Now that part of my head is thinner than the rest of my hair and the texture is different than the rest. I always wondered if the relaxer damage was the reason it looks so different and is a looser curl pattern than the rest of my head.

But I also agree with the poster that pointed out that it could be heat damage if you use heat regularly.

FYI...your first post is offensive. It's like you are excited that you don't have type 4 hair like you thought you would. If it's heat damage then I'm sorry to tell you that you still have type 4 hair. It's just damaged. :ohwell:

Last edited:
Solitude how has it changed? I am a newbie so I don't know any different.

bajandoc86

In my opinion, when I joined in '08, there were a lot of naturals, relaxed ladies, texlaxers, etc. There was a lot more variety as far as perspectives & not every thread turned political.

Now there seems to be a one track mind about how to grow one's hair, some unwritten LHCF set of beliefs. I think that there is no one way to grow hair. There are no right or wrong ingredients, etc. But now there seems to be a certain way you are supposed to talk about your hair and everybody else's. It wasn't like that before.

Even amongst naturals, there is constant bickering and sarcasm about hair types, the word "nappy," etc. It's just weird.

I'm not saying I am an innocent poster. I get in my own share of heated discussions.

Eta: this thread is a perfect example...people are going in on OP about 4b hair versus whatever other type. She is just discussing her own hair. I don't get why there is a need to get defensive and start talking about colonialism, etc. Like, seriously???

@Geminigirl don't even bother girl. I stopped trying to figure it out eons ago LOL Women with babies are persona non grata, but threads about little boys wearing a tutu is seen as progressive and awesome :lachen:

OP, my hair changes as it grows. Good luck on your hair journey.

gotcha. I am not even trying to figure it out I was just stating an observation. You either see it or you don't and is you don't you just very well be in the clique I spoke of. I am not gonna waste my time defending an observation, now if you wanna talk about something important (news, politics, things happening in our communities) fine, but you won't catch me going back and forth on some nonsense.

Geminigirl

I agree. It was always catty, but it's different now. I need to take a break for the summer for bar study, anyway...but I always come back due to the wealth of information here.

I'm sure it's a phase and once people get over themselves, things will change again...I hope!

@bajandoc86

In my opinion, when I joined in '08, there were a lot of naturals, relaxed ladies, texlaxers, etc. There was a lot more variety as far as perspectives & not every thread turned political.

Now there seems to be a one track mind about how to grow one's hair, some unwritten LHCF set of beliefs. I think that there is no one way to grow hair. There are no right or wrong ingredients, etc. But now there seems to be a certain way you are supposed to talk about your hair and everybody else's. It wasn't like that before.

Even amongst naturals, there is constant bickering and sarcasm about hair types, the word "nappy," etc. It's just weird.

I'm not saying I am an innocent poster. I get in my own share of heated discussions.

Eta: this thread is a perfect example...people are going in on OP about 4b hair versus whatever other type. She is just discussing her own hair. I don't get why there is a need to get defensive and start talking about colonialism, etc. Like, seriously???

A lot of people are suffering from set backs, and missing out on products and techniques that may be the answers to their problems because they are afraid to go against the lhcf grain.

Let me take a stab. Your hair doesn't change patterns but the definition of any curls, waves or coils may get more defined over time due to the overall weight of your hair. When I started my natural journey, I honestly thought I had 4b hair, now going on 5 years (dang it's been that long?) my hair appears wavier and I do have coils. I don't think the OP was implying that she is happy not to be nappy, she was in awe about the perceived changes in her hair. It's not that deep, a lot of naturals go through that faze.

I came back to the thread when I noticed an extra 3 pages of new posts! I agree its probably heat damage now that @priss_Pot pointed that out for us. I don't even wanna touch that "happy to be nappy" or whatever, :nono::nono: thats like me walkin up to Tyson and shooting one of his pigeons...

Personally I'd rather not get responses on a thread I made than get this lmao. @tHENATuRALhAiRpRoJEcT you killin me :lachen::lachen::lachen:

But uhhh....OP....I still wanna know your business, show me the reggie!:grin:

Last edited:
Geminigirl

I agree. It was always catty, but it's different now. I need to take a break for the summer for bar study, anyway...but I always come back due to the wealth of information here.

I'm sure it's a phase and once people get over themselves, things will change again...I hope!

yea we can only hope . Good luck on your bar studies.

OMG feels like I stepped into Nappturality. What is wrong with everyone? Unless OP is known for trolling I don't get how self-hate connotations are being read into the original thread. Come on guys! This forum "used" to be about people commenting and sharing different information on what is happening or what they would like to happen to their hair. If you don't like a thread don't enter, better yet don't respond!!!!!! It's not that serious this is a hair board *smdh* very disappointed in the new LHCF...:nono::nono:

Deuces!

@hothair I agree. With almost everything non personal in life we should try to take the good and the bad. I'm new here but I've learned so many great things here that if I run across a thread that I don't like I will keep it moving because not everyone is on my level whether yall think that level is low or high is another story. It takes all kinds of people to make the world go round and that goes for LHCF also... at least there's something for everybody lol.

dayum I hate the word nappy ! then to qualify it with unruly! ouch OP! And people say relaxed people have self hate issues!

I'm with Priss...if your hair was left out of your sew in and you have been straightening it OP, you most likely have heat damage.

I won't touch on the other messiness...well no, I've lied. I can't stand it when people say that nappy hair automatically means it is unruly. ANY TYPE of hair can be unruly if the person does not know how to care for it...if you don't detangle your hair, even straight hair can turn into locs. We are on a hair forum, so everyone in here should know better than to post such ignorance. But...it is Sunday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back