MY hair growth journey with 2 pics.

zailless

http://new.photos.yahoo.com/omel_oconnor

Here is my 2 year progress. I am not quite at the 2 year mark though. i cut off my hair in june 2005. so i am 2 mths away.
i still have my setback which was alopecia twice in the past 6 mths but i think i am recovering a bit. i am using essential oils only these days with my vits. but just wanted to post an update. i would love to relax my hair but i am afraid to with the hairloss. my intention was to relax in june this year but i think i will give my scalp another year to regenerate. i intend to perm myself and use beeswax as a base on my scalp but i wonder if i will be able to do that if it gets much longer. i would say that i can manage shoulder length by myself. anyway i have never had any good results with salons when they do my natural hair and they dont care about my scalp so i cant use them unless i find someone to agree to relax my hair half inch off my scalp. anyway i got a long time left to go before i have to worry about that. so anyway here are my pics.

Last edited:
Your hair seems near armpit in the first pic but we have the same problem in the front hairline due I presume to traction alopecia!

Great Progress. With the traction alopecia make sure you aren't wearing your braids in tight ponytails. This wrecked my hairline. I am currently in braids but my hairline is very healthy. I use essential oils and style my hair very loosely.:)

trimbride said:
Great Progress. With the traction alopecia make sure you aren't wearing your braids in tight ponytails. This wrecked my hairline. I am currently in braids but my hairline is very healthy. I use essential oils and style my hair very loosely.:)

I do the same. when my hair gets loose i dont rebraid it either. this is just to make sure it is not tight. I also use essential oils.

I wanted to see the progress. But the links aren't working for me.
But nonetheless, congratulations on your progress, and continue happily with your hair growth! :)

Back