My Hair Growth Journey Update - Success and Setbacks (PIC HEAVY!)

Girl, looking at all those pics was like watching my soaps, I laughed, I cried, I gasped, I cheered. What a journey you've had (and most of it was in one day) I'm glad you came out victorious and both you and your hair are beautiful. I am truly inspired by your journey (It ain't no crystal stair case, but keep on keeping on).
Thanks for sharing:congrats:

OT: Teeweare, is that your little girl in your siggy? She's beautiful! How precious is that pic! (I used to have a "life sized" doll when I was a little girl too)

Wow... Stunning beautiful. Great progress. I dunno what the salt does... Never heard of that before. Sorry about your tangling but things still look fabulous!

I love your hair and watching your progress over the past couple years. Keep it up, Ediese! You'll definitely be WL in 2010! :yep:

Love it Ediese!!! You hair journey is such an inspiration to me. Thanks for always sharing it.

Congrats on BSL!!!!

Hi Ediese what Brand of hair did you use for this Install? Its Gorghus !

TIA :grin:

Thank you! :) I used the same Sensationnel Goddess Remi that Nichi used. It was on sale $10 off. It's the one in the gold and red package.

Wow......wow....i love your hair.Great progress. I want to know what brand of hair did you use.is it straight or wavy?

Thank you! :) It's straight, but she layered it and curled it. I love it straight too. It's the Goddess Remi.

your new install looks really cute on you-the bangs really fit your face.:yep:
yea, i completely agree with you about not wanting to have wet hair for the curly styles during the winter. i might do it anyways, though, because i just love how it looks on me. and i'm hard-headed. :look:
i have a question for you: how often did you have to use the gel or whatever product it was you used on your edges in order to blend?? because i don't want to be reapplying gel there every day-i'll get tons of buildup.
thanks in advance!

Thanks! I know what you mean though because I love curly hair. I'm definitely getting another one after this. Hopefully, I'll find the perfect match. I cowashed every few days in the beginning, so I'd used gel then and some cantu leave in cream. Then, I switched it up to washing once/twice a week, but I'd spritz with water often.

Girl, looking at all those pics was like watching my soaps, I laughed, I cried, I gasped, I cheered. What a journey you've had (and most of it was in one day) I'm glad you came out victorious and both you and your hair are beautiful. I am truly inspired by your journey (It ain't no crystal stair case, but keep on keeping on).
Thanks for sharing:congrats:
Thank you so much! I'm really happy that I could share my journey with you guys. I love looking at pics on this site because I know when I started they were so inspirational to me. I'm happy that I can inspire others because I personally never believed that my hair could ever be long. I'm just so happy I found BHM and LHCF! :)

I love your hair and watching your progress over the past couple years. Keep it up, Ediese! You'll definitely be WL in 2010! :yep:

Thanks! I really feel like I can make it next year, and it's so exciting. :) Natural and WL is my ultimate goal. :yep:

Your hair aboslutely Gorgeous and I love your install. Did you do it your yourself? It looks like it took abut 3 years to go from EL/NL to BSL. Is that correct? At any rate your hair is beautiful.

Wow, you really did a lot of work! Your natural hair is beautiful and I'm sure you will make it to WL by mid-2010!!!

Your hair aboslutely Gorgeous and I love your install. Did you do it your yourself? It looks like it took abut 3 years to go from EL/NL to BSL. Is that correct? At any rate your hair is beautiful.

I've been using Nichi's stylist, Tinnel. She's absolutely wonderful!! :yep:

Thank you! I went from CL/NL to Apl from February 07 - February/March 08 (1 year). From APL to BSL (Feb/Mar 08 - December 08), 9-10 months. In all, it took me from February 07 - December 08 to get from CL/NL to BSL, so it was 1 yr and 10 months.

When I ended my transition this year in April, my hair was chopped back to APL. From May to December (eight months), I got back to BSL.

Wow your hair has grown! great progress! :clap: your curl pattern looks alot like my natural texture :yep:

I meant to say this when I posted on BHM, but I'll say it here, I agree with everyone saying that your hair is more like MBL, than BSL. Go girl. Whoo Whoo!!

f_m1tv4n8m_8981d8a.jpg

:lovedrool:

Hey! I just left Tinnels and I am loving my hair! I think my biggest thing is I don't have to worry about blending. I think I'll miss my kinky curly hair, but since it's winter time I can't keep wetting my hair.

I decided to use the same one that you do. I got two packs of 12. There's this place on main st, Supreme Beauty Supply that has a $10 off sale on them.

Headed there. NOW

Your sew in is nice, hey, let me know how you like the wear on the hair after a couple washes.

Update: Just got my Goddess Remi from the BSS. It was definitely 10 bucks cheaper there than anywhere else. THanks for the heads up. I'm going in this week

Last edited:
I went from CL/NL to Apl from February 07 - February/March 08 (1 year). From APL to BSL (Feb/Mar 08 - December 08), 9-10 months. In all, it took me from February 07 - December 08 to get from CL/NL to BSL, so it was 1 yr and 10 months.

When I ended my transition this year in April, my hair was chopped back to APL. From May to December (eight months), I got back to BSL.

This is useful to know as it inspires me to realise that it is possible ! Thanks !

Wow, your hair looks amazing! I'm currently 6 months into my third transition attempt. I can't wait to get to where you are.

Back