My Hair Growth Journey Update - Success and Setbacks (PIC HEAVY!)

OK great growth and sorry about the setback but girl what the hell is wrong with you?!!! how on earth are you detangling ALL THAT HAIR with a skinny tooth comb, and dry no less, not even in the shower slathered in condish....??!!?!! you're CRAZZYYYYY!!!!!
Anyway, you're almost MBL! go head with your bad (crazy) self!!!

as always, i adore your hair and i love the pic heaviness. :grin:
congrats on making BSL-you'll make WL in no time, and it's gonna be beautiful. :yep:
what style are you going with for your vacation?? inquiring minds want to know...:grin:

your hair is so beautiful. congrats on the growth. if my hair wasnt so thin at the top i would get a weave because your are always so nice looking.

Thanks again ladies!!! :)

I love your hair so much! I hope I can get to where you are at next year. How long is your hair shrunken?

Thank you! :) My hair is about SL when it's in its natural state. :perplexed

hey girl,
i am getting a new sew in by tinnell on Wednesday, i'm kind of excited. with which kind of hair did you decide?

i oiled my scalp for a while before detangling, i think the dreads and knots were formed because you may not have detangled as thoroughly as you think. I have never tried the salt thing, but maybe that contributed. I see you have that Herbal Essences HH, that mess works for detangling. Lol at you cutting that bottle in half.

Good thing there was little damage. Your hair reminds me so much of mine, but your progress is amazing. Thanks for the pics, and good luck!

Hey! I just left Tinnels and I am loving my hair! I think my biggest thing is I don't have to worry about blending. I think I'll miss my kinky curly hair, but since it's winter time I can't keep wetting my hair.

I decided to use the same one that you do. I got two packs of 12. There's this place on main st, Supreme Beauty Supply that has a $10 off sale on them.

Trust me..I did properly detangle. I detangled twice, and I make sure that I use my denman to get rid of all shed hair. I had no issues when I rinsed out the conditioner that I had in my hair overnight, or after I shampooed. My hair was soft and I didn't have any problems combing through it. As soon as I applied the conditioner, and smoothed my hands down my hair I felt the dreads. I really think I used too much salt. The first time I tried it I used half a teaspoon. Yesterday, I pretty much poured some salt in my palm and put it in my conditioner. That is definitely the culprit.:wallbash:

Great progress! You need to flat iron so we can see the full length in all its glory! You hair looks amazing!

Thanks! :) I'm trying to stay away from heat though. I don't think I'll straighten until I can pull strands down to my waist. :yep:

your hair is beautiful, it must have been very traumatic though when you were losing your hair after using the salt. May i ask what the salt is supposed to do? i looking for all the help i can get.

great results though from all the pictures.!!!!

Thank you! It's supposed to help soften your hair. I know JustKiya has been able to use it and get silky, soft hair. It helps your ends too. Just make sure that you use the correct amount though...not too much at all.

Great progress!, your brastrap is low....u look to be MBL to me

Thanks! Yeah, I tried the two bras that I've always used to track my progress, and the straps do sit kinda low. lol That kinda helps when I can say that I only have 4" to WL. I don't want to claim MBL, and have ppl looking at me sideways. lol

OK great growth and sorry about the setback but girl what the hell is wrong with you?!!! how on earth are you detangling ALL THAT HAIR with a skinny tooth comb, and dry no less, not even in the shower slathered in condish....??!!?!! you're CRAZZYYYYY!!!!!
Anyway, you're almost MBL! go head with your bad (crazy) self!!!

Thanks Whimsy! I didnt' detangle on dry hair. I applied conditioner then I detangled. After I had that sit in my hair, I detangled again the next day with my denman. After I was sure it was detangled, I used my small tooth comb. lol It glided right through my hair though.

as always, i adore your hair and i love the pic heaviness. :grin:
congrats on making BSL-you'll make WL in no time, and it's gonna be beautiful. :yep:
what style are you going with for your vacation?? inquiring minds want to know...:grin:

Thank you! :) I just got my hair done. I decided to go straight for the winter. With my kinky curly hair, I was cowashing too much and I don't like going out in the cold with wet hair.

Here are a couple pics of my new hairstyle. Yes, it's a full sew-in. It looks really great straight too. I'm going to try this style again with Extensions-plus hair.

Your updates always inspire me - I love it! Please keep up the good work - I definitely need the inspiration!!

Wow......wow....i love your hair.Great progress. I want to know what brand of hair did you use.is it straight or wavy?

Your hair is really growing! Even with the setbacks (we all have those) you are making great progress. Keep growing, and thanks for sharing. Nobody ever said this journey would be easy. Congrats on meeting your goal!!!

Thank you! :) I just got my hair done. I decided to go straight for the winter. With my kinky curly hair, I was cowashing too much and I don't like going out in the cold with wet hair.

Here are a couple pics of my new hairstyle. Yes, it's a full sew-in. It looks really great straight too. I'm going to try this style again with Extensions-plus hair.
]
your new install looks really cute on you-the bangs really fit your face.:yep:
yea, i completely agree with you about not wanting to have wet hair for the curly styles during the winter. i might do it anyways, though, because i just love how it looks on me. and i'm hard-headed. :look:
i have a question for you: how often did you have to use the gel or whatever product it was you used on your edges in order to blend?? because i don't want to be reapplying gel there every day-i'll get tons of buildup.
thanks in advance!

That was very inspirational for me!!! Considering my recent set-back :) your hair looks very full and healthy. Thanks for sharing!!

great progress!!! i wish i could wear sew-ins for growth, i can't keep them in long even for growth. But your new install is very pretty, love it!!

Congrats on making your goal, you should be MBL in no time. I'm sorry you had to cut that piece off, I've been there, but you kept it movin and didn't dwell on it. Your new install looks great!

I love love love your hair and your weaves! :love::love: I have to say you were one of my inspirations to start wearing them! Congrats on making BSL...despide the hairloss you suffered with the salt concoction I'm sure your hair will still thrive!

Very lovely Ediese!! i love the install.. I feel you on the curly hair in the winter.. I'm getting my straight hair put in tomorrow!

Back