****** FRIZZY HAIR!!!! ***PIC HEAVY***

@overtherainbow - Thank you!:yep:
I just BOUGHT that darn As I Am too! :nono: Darn shame, I don't know what works for my hair... right now cvs is still having that BOGO free deal for shea moisture products... I guess I'll go get me some curl milk and see... Can you suggest a good clarifying condish? So far, I'm thinking I'll just have to use that acv I've had in the cupboard for a year and never knew what to do with...

@Misseyl - It feels oily AND dry all at once, does that make sense? So it isn't brittle and dry, but it's coated... like it's got greasiness to it... think of when you squeeze the stuffing inside of a chair cushion.. how you squeeze, it's NOT hard... but it's not truly soft either... Am I making sense? I feel like I'm not making sense... :ohwell:

Yep, not sure but I would suggest that you wash with a sulfate free shampoo to remove what may be product build-up and start over again. Keep a hair journal and make sure you pay attention to when/how you are applying your products. I have a journal and I write down the steps of everything I do and what was the end result. For instance, when I apply the oils and what oil, what product I used and in what order I used the product. If you don't get the desired result, then switch up and so on. Just remember the most important thing in our Natural Hair Journey is moisture. Do whatever you need to do to get/keep moisture into your hair.

I'm not trying to be funny I swear but your hair looks absolutely fine to me. It really does

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm not trying to be funny I swear but your hair looks absolutely fine to me. It really does

Thank you... I'm about to leave work RIGHT NOW... when I walk out to my car, I will send a picture of my hair... it soooo doesn't look okay...

*in my ying yang twin whisper voice* "Wait'll ya see my frizz!"

krikit96

Girl....Puhleeze Your Hair Looks Cute! :yep:

Stop being so hard on your Hair. :blush:

It looks very nice.:grin:

Look....Imma really need you to back away from the keyboard.:bangdesk:

This is some of the frizz... I can get better pictures, the lighting in my bathroom sucks!

:look: nothing to see here but a nice head of hair :yep:

Can we get the mods to lock this thread now ?? J/k :giggle:

I came in here really expecting to see a hot mess :-/ I don't see it

I hope you and your hair get over this hump :kiss:

I wanna believe what you said but your hair doesn't look bad but Maybe it looks worse in person. It's been times I took pics to show something looked a mess and it came out pretty on camera so I said forget it lol

As everyone said, your hair looks good; I don't see anything other than normal, 4a/4b hair in a cute style. As I said before, we are hair twins as far as natural texture, and if you are looking for a product that will give you highly shiny, poppin' curls and twist-outs with this type of hair, you are not going to find it without 1) LOTS of heat or 2) some kind of chemical process.
Since you don't want to do either, I say embrace the fluff and make the most of your hair. :yep:

As everyone said, your hair looks good; I don't see anything other than normal, 4a/4b hair in a cute style. As I said before, we are hair twins as far as natural texture, and if you are looking for a product that will give you highly shiny, poppin' curls and twist-outs with this type of hair, you are not going to find it without 1) LOTS of heat or 2) some kind of chemical process.
Since you don't want to do either, I say embrace the fluff and make the most of your hair. :yep:

Thank you...Thank you all for the compliments. Maybe y'all are right, maybe I'm just not used to my natural hair texture so I'm expecting something that my own hair won't do. I honestly thought I was a 3c/4a...

ForumRunner_20140613_185322.jpg

ForumRunner_20140613_185336.jpg

ForumRunner_20140613_185409.jpg

ForumRunner_20140613_185420.jpg

I never thought about the 4b because I don't see any zig zag patterns ...ever ... even when wet I usually see coils and curls.
This frizz is straight.. it's undefined, like the rest of the twist are coily but this hair is not... could I be a 4b? Are these characteristics? I'm just stunned right now! Lol...

Makes me wonder if it's heat damage...? But how can that be when the strands immediately surrounding are fine?

Still not trying to be funny but your hair looks really cute to me.

Now I'm the worst source for hair type stuff because I really don't understand it yet...Regarding 4b, I'm pretty sure I'm mostly 4b and I don't see zigzags I just see almost microscopic coils ...I thought the idea that 4b doesn't have definition was a myth? I don't know though

Still not trying to be funny but your hair looks really cute to me.

Now I'm the worst source for hair type stuff because I really don't understand it yet...Regarding 4b, I'm pretty sure I'm mostly 4b and I don't see zigzags I just see almost microscopic coils ...I thought the idea that 4b doesn't have definition was a myth? I don't know though

Thank you. Really y'all, thank you... OK I guess I'm just not seeing what everybody else is seeing, being hard on myself I guess? I will chill out. I bought some ORS uplifting shampoo awhile back, I hope that's good enough to clarify with??? I guess I'll try this acv thing actually. That should be interesting.

Thank you again ladies, I appreciate the support!!! You guys rock!!! :hugs:

Looks like regular black people hair to me also 3C, I don't think so. 4s yes. 3s, absolutely not, just my opinion. No shade, I promise.:lol:

Your hair looks very pretty. I really don't see what you see, and I'm not trying to be nice.

All I see is beautiful hair that I wanna reach through the screen and play in.

I like a little frizz...makes the style look more natural and not so forced. This is my frizz on a good day so girl your frizz is minimal. lol

Last edited:
Your hair is freakin gorgeous. I don't see anything wrong with it. :look:

Maybe get some more dc sessions in. How often are you doing that? Make sure you are spritzing your hair with something. Try some acv rinses to lay down the cuticle and some additional protein maybe?

Chile please.

Wet

ForumRunner_20140613_233943.jpg

Dry

ForumRunner_20140613_234036.jpg

Your hair looks fine. Get you a good dc and dc with heat at least once a week. Recommendations are Silk Dreams dcs, Shescentit Riche Moisture Mask, and Hairveda Sitrinillah.

Use a quality leave in like SheScentit Cococream, Annabelle's Perfect Blend, or Oyin Hair Dew from Target. Get some protein like Komaza Protein Strengthener or Shea Moisture Tahitian Noni and Monoi Weekly Treatment and you'll be fine.

Clarify with any ol' sulfate shampoo if you like, but I really like Aubrey Organics Swimmer's Normalizing Shampoo. It is natural, clarifying without being damaging, and smells good. Removed product buildup and restored my hair back to soft lusciousness.

Your hair looks 4a/b like mine.

Sent from my Snow White Frost Galaxy S4 using LHCF

OP your hair looks great!
Since we are all sharing frizz here is mine...

image-3506978414.jpg

....and that's how I normally wear my hair to work (thus the lab coat) :)

[USER=407883]MissC320[/USER];20203881 said:
OP your hair looks great!
Since we are all sharing frizz here is mine...

....and that's how I normally wear my hair to work (thus the lab coat) :)

Wow. It's very beautiful.

:bighug:krikit96

I think though you are natural, you are still in a straight haired mentality & state of mind. I am not beating ya up cause the evolution with loving ourselves and hair evolves/grows in levels over time and the path is different for each and everyone of us:yep: I once wasn't comfy with my hair too, I know it takes time. I also think its important not to compare your hair to others even if they appear to have the same curl pattern/texture type/density/thickness, cause it will drive you crazy! Curly hair isn't supposed to be perfectly in place like straight hair, it does its own thing. Our curly hair doesn't shine like straight hair. Curly hair has frizz at times and can actually make textured hair styles look nice. Your hair looks fine to me. If you want a lil ommph the posters gave good suggestions. I use a lil oil to take down my twists and I don't pull my twists apart too much if that's not the look I'm going for, usually 3-4 times is enough. Otherwise if I want bigger hurr, I go HAM with a pick and pulling my hurr apart and embrace the humidity!:lol: Yesterday it was rainy and humid and I snickered on the inside at all the straight haired and weave weaving folks (of all races & ethnicities who looked a hot mess),cause the naps came out to play and it made my twistout look awesome. A white lady from Luxemborg complimented me on my hurr yesterday and told me she would kill for hair like mine.:yep:

Even when I try to brush it straight back and put it into a low pony, or a bun, my hair sticks up... even looks like I have a bunch of short curly hairs growing that won't or can't lay down cuz they aren't long enough... ?

When I tried to slick my hair with EcoStyler or Gorilla snot... my hair be like, "CHILE PLEEZ" it just looks so dry and DULL DULL DULL!!!

I have been a tomboy most my life, so I know all this stuff is new to me, but I can't see how my hair was bomb when it was relaxed and even when I was heat training my hair (I had the bomb Sylver2 flat iron sessions) my hair looked silky and smooth and shined like normal... But now I can't get my hair to stop looking DULL and dry and ashy ashy ashy... Did I mention the frizz?

I thought maybe my hair didn't like glycerin, I used to keep a small spray bottle with some glycerin mixed in, but then someone said my hair is probably searching for moisture and thats why it would always puff up throughout the day... :nono::nono::nono: so lost... I really REALLY want to figure this thing out, this is my BIGGEST issue... I appreciate all of y'all for even TRYING to help... I just hope there IS help for me...

krikit96 Is this the kind of frizz you're talking about? It sounds like you're describing my frizz. And it's extremely hard to capture on camera. That's why everybody's telling you your hair looks fine and they don't see a problem. But you (and others) can definitely see it IRL! I have the same problem. And people need to realize that just because they don't understand or relate to your problem does not mean you're imagining it!

The pics below are my attempt to show my sister this problem in my hair back in April. I had to hold up a white sheet of paper for her to understand the frizz. When she received these pics then she finally understood the frizz I was talking about! My hair looks short and broken, but it's not. It's just the nature of that part of my hair (the left and right side of my temples extending from my hairline to about 3 inches back.)

Even though I don't have a solution, I just wanted you to know I understand. (Regarding shine, the only thing that's worked on that part of my hair is a combo of Crisco and jojoba oil. I mix jojoba into the crisco until it's the consistency of relaxer. It actually gives me blingy hair:grin:)

This is my hair IMMEDIATELY after being M&S and pulled back in a braid. And yes, it get's worse and worse throughout the day. It actually looks like I might have purposely brushed my hair up but I didn't. This is just what it does! Unfortunately I haven't found a solution either. Gorilla Snot combined with ORS edge control works for the very edges of my hairline but only for a day (6-8 hrs actually).
4f84bc74-b76b-4b82-b7ac-9b589deacacc_zps84788e92.jpg
[/URL][/IMG]

Attachments

• CAM00303.jpg
    CAM00303.jpg
    342.5 KB · Views: 78
  • CAM00304.jpg
    CAM00304.jpg
    481.9 KB · Views: 63
  • CAM00305.jpg
    CAM00305.jpg
    404 KB · Views: 49
krissyhair - thank you so much! I really appreciate the comment... seriously! I mean, the style is nice, but the way my hair is behaving... not so much... and it's in EVERY style I try... I must be using some product that my hair doesn't agree with? There has to be some way to restore moisture to my hair... it shouldn't be greasy or leave shiny residue on seats when I sit down or run my hair thru it and get a bunch of oil... my hair feels like a sponge when I scrunch it... that' can't be normal... I mean it really does feel like a cheap spongey cushion from the dollar store... or those things makeup artists use... a sponge I tell ya!!! Lol..
krikit96

That is a really cute style you got there. I get what you're saying about the hair being dry and frizzy no matter how much you moisturize. I didn't see any mention of protein in your regimen. Remember that protein doesn't JUST give the hair strength; it also helps the hair to accept and hold onto moisture.

I think your first step is to clarify your hair so that its ready to accept what it needs. ACV is a good choice for that. What about products made especially to calm the frizz? These almost always contain a protein. Here are a few that I have on hand:

-Shea Moisture coconut hibiscus line - the bottle says anti-frizz, moisture and shine; has silk protein; pink label
-Shea Moisture Tahitian noni & monoi smooth & repair line - the bottle says control frizz, hydrate and protect; has keratin; green label
-AO White Camellia - no protein; the bottle says conditions, detangles and defrizzes for sleek lengths & defined curls
-Giovanni 50:50 balanced hydrating-calming conditioner - the bottle says adds moisture and manageability, smooths frizz, leaves hair perfectly pH balanced

Also, there are many curly hair product lines in stores now made especially for natural hair. I am texturized but I mostly wear my hair on the straighter side but I still have quite a bit of texture so I have SOME idea of how textured hair acts and what it needs.

I hope this post was helpful to you and your pretty hair :)

ETA: A good clarifying conditioner is the Shea Moisture ABS Purification Masque. Its very moisturizing a gives a lot of slip. I hope this was in your recent CVS haul.

I LOVE this HHJ!!

Last edited:
Back