My hair grew so much...

SweetNic_JA

when I was in Miami last week!
I got atleast 1/2 inch in the one week...and get this I wasn't taking ANY vitamins (I got lazy). I drank lots of fresh-off-the-tree coconut water and ate purely natural foods. I got lots of sun light but drank little water.
I don't know what it is but my hair looks great and my skin and tan looks soo hot.

/images/graemlins/grin.gif

A HALF INCH in ONE WEEK!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

This merits some investigation!!!

/images/graemlins/shocked.gif imagine what wud happen if u lived in miami the whole time?? /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif i can see u wit ankle length hair in no time /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Girl it sounds like you had a fantastic week. Congrats on the growth.

Miami is one of my fave vacation hotspots especially down in South Beach. Where in what area of Miami did you get all that fresh coconut juice. Next time I'm there I might just scoot up the tree and carry a truck load back to the hotel. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Dag Sweetnic, that is a alot of growth. It probably was a combination of the coconut water and the humidity. I grew up in Ft Lauderdale and I noticed that my hair always grew really fast and could withstand a whole lot more.

Hey lets all give up our jobs and move to FL /images/graemlins/driver.gif. We can lay around on the beach all day/images/graemlins/beach.gif , taking vitamin cocktails /images/graemlins/fat.gif and letting our hair grow down to our ankles... /images/graemlins/grin.gif * I'm off to pack* /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

I'm right w/ you Armyqt /images/graemlins/grin.gif We need to go to Florida!!! I think it definitely had something to do w/ the moisture in the air... /images/graemlins/cool.gif
Congrats on your growth....keep growing /images/graemlins/smile.gif

gabrielle_union.jpg

You know what I think? /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

vacation + no frigid weather + no stress = MORE HAIR

I need a vacation! /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
marabou1 said:
gabrielle_union.jpg

You know what I think? /images/graemlins/scratchchin.gif

vacation + no frigid weather + no stress = MORE HAIR

I need a vacation! /images/graemlins/cry3.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Yes Yes Yes /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/smile.gif

Justice4alw said:
A HALF INCH in ONE WEEK!!! /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif /images/graemlins/shocked.gif

This merits some investigation!!!

[/ QUOTE ]
LOL. /images/graemlins/laugh.gif I agree.

Hey lets all give up our jobs and move to FL . /images/graemlins/driver.gif We can lay around on the beach all day /images/graemlins/beach.gif, taking vitamin cocktails /images/graemlins/fat.gif and letting our hair grow down to our ankles... /images/graemlins/grin.gif * I'm off to pack* /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Girl, sounds like a plan to me!! I'm with you!!! /images/graemlins/grin.gif

Armyqt said:
Hey lets all give up our jobs and move to FL /images/graemlins/driver.gif. We can lay around on the beach all day/images/graemlins/beach.gif , taking vitamin cocktails /images/graemlins/fat.gif and letting our hair grow down to our ankles... /images/graemlins/grin.gif * I'm off to pack* /images/graemlins/laugh.gif /images/graemlins/laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
/images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif /images/graemlins/rofl.gif
Wow. I'm not sure if I can handle ankle length.

Congrats to ya girlie! thats so great. i know it was definately the climatic conditions and ive been told there are tons of minerals in dat cok'nut wata /images/graemlins/smile.gif

NYCchild said:
Congrats to ya girlie! thats so great. i know it was definately the climatic conditions and ive been told there are tons of minerals in dat cok'nut wata /images/graemlins/smile.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

No you know my sorry a$$ has just been on the phone asking my mum where I can get fresh coconuts from here in London. I gotta wait till sunday though for my dad the experienced coconut basher to come over and do it for me.

I'm terrible /images/graemlins/tongue.gif

No you know my sorry a$$ has just been on the phone asking my mum where I can get fresh coconuts from here in London. I gotta wait till sunday though for my dad the experienced coconut basher to come over and do it for me.

I live in South Beach, and I hate this ****** place, but my hair has grown like a weed in the two years I've lived here. Unfortunately, finding a stylist to help maintain that length has been a challenge.

Also, what I've gained in hair, I've lost in skin health. My complexion sucks because of the humidity and the constant sweating. Everyone breaks out here - it's horrible. I wanna go back home! (Philly)

That's truly interesting....

I was in Italy and got alot of growth too (no vits either). However I drank lots of water and ate alot of fruits. All the walking and going up belltowers really increasing circulation workload. I don't know how much growth but it was obvious, with exclamation, to a cousin of mine who had seen me 2 weeks prior to me going.

I think it is warm weather, activity, and water. Not to mention plenty of olive oil intake.

hada

See! I told yall a while ago that warm states = hair growth. I wish I could pack up and move to Miami or Atlanta, but my heart is in the midwest. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

hada said:
That's truly interesting....

I was in Italy and got alot of growth too (no vits either). However I drank lots of water and ate alot of fruits. All the walking and going up belltowers really increasing circulation workload. I don't know how much growth but it was obvious, with exclamation, to a cousin of mine who had seen me 2 weeks prior to me going.

I think it is warm weather, activity, and water. Not to mention plenty of olive oil intake.

hada

[/ QUOTE ]

you mentioned italy and this is so o/t but i have been having a craving for garlic knots and zepolies. i dont even think these are really italian dishes but they sure taste good. i would love to go to italy. i wonder what about the warm weather causes hair to grow. and imagine no medication and growth. did the growth compare to your vitamin growth was it more or less or the same? i may consider taking a trip out to the islands. /images/graemlins/grin.gif God bless you all.

Warm weather and humidity certainly does help the hair grow, that's why I can't wait until summer. DC gets some really humid summers!
Really I want to eventually move to FL, then I'll really be getting some major growth.

I don't know what it is about the heat &amp; humidity that does it, but my ex's mom was telling me how much her hair grew when she lived in the Phillipines! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

LondonDiva said:
NYCchild said:

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

I don't blame you girl. I don't blame you.. /images/graemlins/grin.gif

The same thing happened to me last spring break. I had went to Florida, I was there for a week and my hair grew like 1/2 to 3/4 in in some places it had to be the weather because I didn't take vitamins nor did i have any coconuts the only thing I did was rinse my hair everyday.

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!

I am not sure if the results of your hair growth had much to do with the coconut. Most definately the warm weather causes more circulation in your body.

I spent last summer in the U.A.E. which is in the gulf and if anyone knows of this place it is supper HUMID. I needed to shower at least 3x a day. With all of that moisture in the air and with wetting as well I had most definatley 2 inches in one month. This was a bit more than if I took just vitamins alone in the cold weather.

Now that I know how not to rake a fine tooth comb through my natural hair perhaps I can maintain that growth next time. /images/graemlins/smile.gif

OnlyErin said:
I live in South Beach, and I hate this ****** place, but my hair has grown like a weed in the two years I've lived here. Unfortunately, finding a stylist to help maintain that length has been a challenge.

Also, what I've gained in hair, I've lost in skin health. My complexion sucks because of the humidity and the constant sweating. Everyone breaks out here - it's horrible. I wanna go back home! (Philly)

[/ QUOTE ]

She DOES have a point there. When I lived in Florida my hair was lush too..I was a greasy, broken out mess, but yeah..lush hair. /images/graemlins/look.gif

I can't wait till summer. This maybe explains why my nieces hair are all so long (there house is SUPER hot) the central heating stays on 24/7....just a thought i don't know if im correct or not /images/graemlins/ohwell.gif

Hi SweetNic_JA,

I do believe that it had something to do with you being in a humid area. I lived in Hawaii for three years and my hair grew fast and my eating and drinking habits were terrible. And my great aunt lived in Hawaii in the 1970's for 3 years. When she first moved there, her hair was very short. But after three years of living there, her hair was down to her waist!

There is indeed something about moisture and it's effect on hair growth.....

-EBONY

I dont know why yall think that warmer climates=Hair growth. Maybe when yall come down here, y'all will discover thats a great myth! /images/graemlins/smile.gif

JazzAngel, you have some beautiful pics there! And I like the look of MSN Photos; I've been looking around for attractive sites to keep my pics online.

Back