My hair fell out in the middle AGAIN!!!!!

InsertCleverNameHere

I have a chunk of hair in the middle of my head that fell out a few years ago and it took me years to grow it back to being like 5 inches. Now it fell out again and I'm oh so sad. I don't know why this keeps happening!!!! My hair is near brastrap lenght and now I have to deal with this chunk of hair in the middle of my head that is only like 1-2 inches. I don't know what to do or how to keep this from happening..No matter what I do I feel like my hair will always fall out there!!!!! HELP!!!!!!

I have the same problem
nono.gif
. I hear this is a common area to lose hair, having to do with nerves or something. I have been dealing with mine for 6 years and nothing short of going natural curbed the breakage. Well, I take that back. My hair didn't start snapping off until I put that Motions Oil Mild relaxer in. Not only did it NOT straighten my hair, but seemed to overprocess it anyway because it was dry, brittle and breaking afterwards. Before that my hairdresser put in an Elasta QP and I had very minimal breakage. I just figure it's something I am gonna have to camoflauge. I went to the hairdresser today and she told me to use my affirm 5-in-1 one to two times a week, some creme of nature hair lotion and the Redken Extreme Anti-Snap leave in cond. As soon as I get the money I am gonna try the leave-in.

What relaxer do you use? What is your hair type? Hair products?

When I began transitioning I experienced the same problem in my crown area.
I think the problem is that my hair is a combo of types 2c/3a/3b.
The 3b area is at my crown. So, it had the most difference in textures beween relaxed and new growth. Once I started to handle the area more gently, the breakage stopped. Also, using a serum on that area after washing kept it nice and soft. hth.

[ QUOTE ]
Neen said:
I have the same problem
nono.gif
. I hear this is a common area to lose hair, having to do with nerves or something. I have been dealing with mine for 6 years and nothing short of going natural curbed the breakage. Well, I take that back. My hair didn't start snapping off until I put that Motions Oil Mild relaxer in. Not only did it NOT straighten my hair, but seemed to overprocess it anyway because it was dry, brittle and breaking afterwards. Before that my hairdresser put in an Elasta QP and I had very minimal breakage. I just figure it's something I am gonna have to camoflauge. I went to the hairdresser today and she told me to use my affirm 5-in-1 one to two times a week, some creme of nature hair lotion and the Redken Extreme Anti-Snap leave in cond. As soon as I get the money I am gonna try the leave-in.

What relaxer do you use? What is your hair type? Hair products?

[/ QUOTE ]

I'm a natural 3b/c...I don't know why it's doing this because I'm pretty careful with it....

[ QUOTE ]
msportugal said:
are you sleeping on that spot? do you pull your hair into a bun in that spot?

[/ QUOTE ]

Nah neither... it's at the top of my head.

If you are not watching in the mirror or taking a good friend along with you or having your mother standing guard, it would be hard to know if someone accidentally got a blod of relaxer on a certain area of your head and overlooked it. Like a very sensitive area that needs to be handled with kid gloves so to speak. It could be an allergy area. We see them flare up on certain areas of our face and body, and I think this happens with the scalp. I have seen this happen to individuals. In fact I had an area if my own head, back of the crown to the left, that only wanted to grow 4 inches long. Now it has caught up with the rest. What was the problem???????.......go figure. Bonjour.

hello everyone, I feel your pain ReaLuvsAOxymoron. I have 4a/b hair. My hair has snapped down to about 2 inches in the crown of my head twice. Each time I have had to cut my hair down to that length. It seems as though that section is the most sensitive part of my head. The first time it did that the stylists that I was going to was using motions. The next time, my stylists was using affirm. It was decided that my hair is too sensitive for those relaxers, so for the last year I have been using Design Essentials. My hair is doing fine, I have grown it back to shoulder length. Well currently, I am transitioning, b/c I am just tired of the whole thing. It seems no matter what I do to my hair, relaxers just don't seem to agree with my hair anymore.

Did your hair break-off or fall -off at the root? If it's the latter, this could be be dued to stress or an inflamation to that scalp area. You could see a dermatologist to assess your condition.

Also, how is your diet? A lack of iron can cause hairloss. I usually take a multi-vitamin, multi-oil (omega 3 & 6 oils) & B-Complex 100 time-release. B-complex is EXCELLENT for stress and it contains B 12 (iron) essential for womens health.

Good-Luck

I hope you can find out the problem and correct it real soon....I am wondering if you should stop relaxing or applying chems to your hair and scalp that's if you are)....That particular area could be a real sensitive spot that reacts adversely when chemicals are applied to it over a period of time.....I know a few women have had success with growing their hair back by applying vitamin e and castor oils to empty areas of the scalp....

That is very strange...I've never heard of anything like that...r u relaxed or natural?

I can say that I have the most new growth at my crown area and I know it probably doesn't get as moisturized or as cleaned with washed as the rest of my hair...You should keep it extra moisturized so it will not break off...do u comb that area alot or comb it roughly? Avoid combing the area as well.

HTH!
wink.gif

I think you may know what I am going through real love. I am tranisitioing as well and my crown is so thick and full of new growth, but the bottom part is still kinda relaxed. How long does it take for the whole head to grow!

I have a hunk of hair missing in the middle, left side of my hair. This is because I got it permed by a new stylist, and felt uncomfortable so I told her to rinse me out and I would condition at home. I went home and deep conditioned it. When I rinsed it out, huge chunks of hair was running down my legs. It was a sensation I will never forget. The only thing that stopped it was a serious protein treatment. My hair still looked fine though. But when I pressed it I noticed a huge chunk was broken down to 2inches on the left side. So it looks thinner on that side when my hair is down. I tell you this because I honestly believe an area of the head can be weaker than the rest. If it was really that bad of a perm or over processing all my hair would have fell out.

As for advice I say, be VERY gentle when applying chems there, if at all. Maybe if it's that bad consider going natura. I've never had an experience like that before, but I still continued to get my hair permed by stylist. After my last experience at a salon (nothing bad happened just a lot of $hit talkint by the girl) I say screw the salon all together.

As for advice I say, be VERY gentle when applying chems there, if at all. Maybe if it's that bad consider going natura. I've never had an experience like that before, but I still continued to get my hair permed by stylist. After my last experience at a salon (nothing bad happened just a lot of $hit talkint by the girl) I say screw the salon all together.

[ QUOTE ]
dannie_19 said:

[/ QUOTE ]

I am natural as far as I don't have a relaxer...I did exeriment with color not too long ago and that was a disaster but I guess I assumed that the color didn't hurt my hair because it was still soft and moist and not dry and brittle. The 1-2 inches of hair that is left is still soft and very very fine like down feathers.

I have a weak spot there too, top of the head...I think its hereditary, there was another thread on this a while ago...mine is finally starting to grow...I keep it extra moisturised and just try to be really careful with that area, try not to stess it in any way....I'm so sorry that happened to you, I wish I could offer more advice.

ReaLuvsAOxymoron,

I have had this same problem for over 20 years. My mom and aunt have the same problem also. Two years ago, it snapped at the root. My new stylist sent me to the dermatologist. The derm recommended fish oil supplements to stimulate the hair growth. My stylist keeps it trimmed and I keep it moisturized daily. This annoying piece of hair is 5 inches long. The rest of my hair is a little past my shoulders. Also, this weak spot is where the new growth starts. I feel your pain. But, the advice so far has been great here on LHCF.

Good Luck,

MissB

After my last touch-up, this has been happening to me, primarily when I comb my wet hair. I haven't had any problems combing wet hair up until my last touch-up, it seems that in the back, the hair combs out really easy. I'm so tempted to get one of those haircuts where the back is shaved, ya'll just don't know.
laugh.gif

[ QUOTE ]
dannie_19 said:
I have a hunk of hair missing in the middle, left side of my hair. This is because I got it permed by a new stylist, and felt uncomfortable so I told her to rinse me out and I would condition at home. I went home and deep conditioned it. When I rinsed it out, huge chunks of hair was running down my legs. It was a sensation I will never forget. The only thing that stopped it was a serious protein treatment. My hair still looked fine though. But when I pressed it I noticed a huge chunk was broken down to 2inches on the left side. So it looks thinner on that side when my hair is down. I tell you this because I honestly believe an area of the head can be weaker than the rest. If it was really that bad of a perm or over processing all my hair would have fell out.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am so sorry about what to hair
shocked.gif

I totally think that the left side of my head is weaker and thinner than the right. I use to wrap at my hair from right to left and the left side became so thin and short compared to the right. I would always have to cut the right to try to keep it even.

Now when i wrap my hair, I wrap from left to right. The left is still a little thinner and weaker but now they are basically even.

For those who have experienced this, do u guys comb gently or roughly??? Do you guys section your hair and then comb or do you just rake the comb through the whole hair shaft???
confused.gif
I dont understand why this is happening to u guys...
ohwell.gif

when it happened to me..i was relaxed. my hair would grow close the length of the bottom of my ears and without fail..that spot would break loose. for me it was in the back left upper portion of my head. without fail..it happened and it would spread..no matter what was done.

since i have gone natural..not an issue..never had a problem or any breakage. i have to yank xtra hard just to get a hair from that area.

My hair is weak from all the processes + medication, I just find it ironic that the breakage is only occuring in the back.
ohwell.gif

[ QUOTE ]
Poohbear said:
For those who have experienced this, do u guys comb gently or roughly??? Do you guys section your hair and then comb or do you just rake the comb through the whole hair shaft???
confused.gif
I dont understand why this is happening to u guys...
ohwell.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

Hey Poohbear,

I am definitely more gentle with my left side than my right. I think that it is just the way my hair grows
ohwell.gif

Back