My hair feels so silky!!

fletgee

My touch up was due today. As I bring my own products (conditioner, color & treatments) with me for my stylist to use I decided to take my jojoba oil. She basted my scalp with it and also mixed some into my relaxer. I usually take some neutral protein filler for her to put in my relaxer but did not because I used GPB on Tuesday when I washed my hair. I cannot believe how soft my hair feels---like buddah! Even Betty (my stylist) remarked how soft and healthy my hair looked and felt. I look to Betty for insights to my hair's condition that I may not be able to see. Her advice to me was to add the oil to "my touch-up bag" and to keep what I'm doing. This will be a keeper for me.
drunk.gif
drunk.gif
drunk.gif

Sounds good.
up.gif
Keep doing what you're doing. How did you stylist style your hair after your relaxer touch up? Do you ever get her to roller set your hair?

Hi Allandra
weird.gif

What Betty does is blow dry my hair and give me a comb. I then put my hair into a french roll. It will stay like that until Monday when I will wash, deep condition and braid it. And I will continue to wash, condition, and braid until my next touch-up. By the way, I have still not found the Elasta Mango Butter. I mentioned it to Betty and she said she will get it for me. She's such a sweetie!
grin.gif

</font><blockquote><font class="small">In reply to:</font><hr />
Fletgee said: . I usually take some neutral protein filler for her to put in my relaxer but did not because I used GPB on Tuesday when I washed my hair.

[/ QUOTE ]

Fletgee what is the name of the neutral protein filler that you usually take with you? Even though I have stopped relaxing my family members still do. I recommended to them those little protein packs names Hi-Pro-Pac anyone can find in the beauty supply store. I also started a thread on adding olive oil to your relaxer. Your stylist used jojoba oil and I think that is great as it adds moisture to the hair. BTW, I'm glad everything went so well with your hair
smile.gif

Girl, had I known this, I would have BEEN sent you some good ole Elasta QP Mango Butter Moisturizer. PM me if you still need it.

That's great. It would be so nice if more stylists were like yours... She sounds like she really cares about the health of hair.

SeaMist!
The name of the neutral protein filler I use is called Colorful. I get the 4oz. size for $5.99 at Sally's. It can be added to your relaxer, added to hair color (Betty will mix it with my Beautiful Browns) and there are directions on the container to make an "active protein hair reconstructing conditioner". It lasts a long time for me as I only use it when my touch-ups are done. HTH
wink.gif
wink.gif
wink.gif

Thanks for the info Fletgee. Next time I'm at Sally's I'll be sure to look it up
smile.gif

Hey Fletgee
wave.gif
I'm glad to hear that everything is going well with you. Keep up the good work girl. I hope we get a chance to chat soon.
smile.gif

Isn't it wonderful, your stylist lets you bring your own products along. She will definitely go a long way because she has a sense of good customer relationship.

Congratulations, Fletgee on your successful touchup.
grin.gif
It is nice to have a hairdresser that you can trust and that cares about your hair....
drunk.gif

Thanks for all the encouraging replies ya'll. I am lucky to have a stylist who understand my goals and is behind me in my quest for healthy hair. One of the things I also like about her is that she has not trimmed/or cut my hair in the 3 years since I started my challenge. But she does let me know when I need to trim my ends! Is she a gem or what?
king.gif
*************Allandra-sent u a PM....Pink-sent u a PM!

Back