My Daughter Inspired Me

JenniferMD said:
Ok, I let the stylist take off about two inches for a blunt cut...I'm really :love: it!

Oh, and the amazing part about this picture is that I airdried my hair with these results!!!

blunt-vi.jpg
Great results!!

Did you trim your hair yourself or did you go to a salon or have someone else do it??? It looks so thick and healthy. You have beautiful hair.

I have decided to get a trim because I have sadly realized that my lye ends are not working. I cant believe what a difference a year makes. About a year or two ago I thought all my problems were because of the no-lye relaxer and decided to try lye. The lye thinned my hair out and now I have to try to fix it. Now I am just going to do what I did back in the day when I was trying to grow my hair out and work on improving the health of my hair. I guess its time to bite the bullet and get these ends trimmed. In the end it will be worth it. God bless you all.

azul11 said:
Did you trim your hair yourself or did you go to a salon or have someone else do it??? It looks so thick and healthy. You have beautiful hair.

I have decided to get a trim because I have sadly realized that my lye ends are not working. I cant believe what a difference a year makes. About a year or two ago I thought all my problems were because of the no-lye relaxer and decided to try lye. The lye thinned my hair out and now I have to try to fix it. Now I am just going to do what I did back in the day when I was trying to grow my hair out and work on improving the health of my hair. I guess its time to bite the bullet and get these ends trimmed. In the end it will be worth it. God bless you all.
Thanks! I did it myself. :grin:

I think you will feel a lot better once you get rid of the thin ends. Good Luck!

Thanks to your post I made an appointment to get a trim next week. I know it will be better in the end. Thanks again for inspiring me. God bless you all.

your hair looks awesome dsd. You always do a fab job. Heres to getting back that growth in less than no time :cheers:

:eek:You cut 3 to 4 inches off and it still looks long!

It looks great and.... you did it yourself!?! :shocked:

Congrats it looks absolutely beautiful!

Last edited:
dontspeakdefeat said:
Thanks! I want long hair too but not at the cost of looking bad. Go ahead an trim just not too much you will feel much better.

This is so true! I want to reach my goal and be able to STAY there, not cut off a bunch of thin ends when I get there. I still get a little trim when needed. I love the weight of my hair when it is freshly trimmed and even. I love being able to run my hands along the length of my hair and feel no thinness towards the ends and still have some length. It feels great!

JenniferMD and DSD your hair looks gorgeous! You are always inspirations!

HairQueen said:
:eek:You cut 3 to 4 inches off and it still looks long!

It looks great and.... you did it yourself!?! :shocked:

Congrats it looks absolutely beautiful!
Thanks!! I don't trust a stylist to cut my hair so I had to be brave and go at it!

ubavka123 said:
This is so true! I want to reach my goal and be able to STAY there, not cut off a bunch of thin ends when I get there. I still get a little trim when needed. I love the weight of my hair when it is freshly trimmed and even. I love being able to run my hands along the length of my hair and feel no thinness towards the ends and still have some length. It feels great!

JenniferMD and DSD your hair looks gorgeous! You are always inspirations!
That's exactly why I cut it. I don't wan to get to brastrap and then only be able to stay there for a few minutes. When I get there I want to stay there!!

Thanks! :kiss:

Back